Grosvenor?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
DH are thinking about staying here to save some $$ in Sept. I would love to hear some first hand opinions of this resort. How is the walk to DD? Can you easily catch a bus there?

My son & I stayed there last June. We had a great trip. Transportation was regular and easy to deal with. Quick block walk to Downtown Disney. My son loves Disney Quest so this was real convenient for him.

There are several (mixed) reviews on the biddingfortravel website. Hopefully this link will work.

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm78.showMessage?topicID=18.topic

You can also find reviews of other Downtown Disney resorts in the same section of that board.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn

Thanks for the response. What room type did you stay in (tower or wing?)

Anyone else?

My husband and I stayed there two years ago. It was great as far as walking to downtown disney, but I personally didn't care for the hotel. Our room was in the wing over the parking lot where all the trucks unloaded food and the trash dumpsters were. Room was rather old and smelly too. One plus is a refrigerator in the room, that was nice. We are going back this year and staying at the Marriott Courtyard.

What room type did you stay in (tower or wing?)

We stayed in a wing room. I believe the tower rooms are a little larger and much nicer.

Carolyn

My parents stayed there in December (unfortunately, because I recommended it due to its proximity to Downtown Disney). They hated it - only stayed one night and checked out. They said the rooms were very worn (my parents are frugal with their money, so it's not like they're used to staying in expensive hotels) and that it was very loud at night. They had trouble sleeping due to the noise (from DD).

It was loud when I stayed there too, with outside corridors and it's closeness to DD you get all the people coming out at 1 or 2 am and they tend to be loud. I would think if you're in the tower, that would eliminate that

We stayed there in June and our room was fine. We were located in the wing section overlooking the parking lot facing away from Downtown Disney. The only problem we had was that the elevator near our room was broke a few days. Our room was clean not worn and it had a nice size refrigerator in it. The shuttle service was fine. In the morning when picked up you headed directly to the parks but coming back in the evening it was the last stop which was hard with kids that would fall asleep. I hope this helps. I would stay at the hotel again.

We stayed in a tower room in December for $39. Our room was clean and although the bathroom could have used an update, the furnishings appeared to be quite new. We were very happy and would stay there again if we got a good deal. (We didn't use the transportation or walk to DD so I can't help you with that.) I think most of the complaints about this hotel involve the standard (as opposed to the tower) rooms.

We LOVED the Grosvenor! Had a tower room overlooking the pool. The room was larger than the Disney moderates and lots more amenities too, including a fridge in the room at no extra cost. And the location is terrific, it's literally right across the street from DD! Will definitely stay there again. We had no problems at all.

Thanks again for the repiles.

Shamrock30, can you tell me how you got that rate for the tower room??

Do any of you know if you can buy an Ultimate Park Hopper from the Grosvenor?

Sorry-- I should have said $49. There was a $39 rate too, but it sold out shortly before we booked. We got this rate through Dreams Unlimited, but I doubt the rates are nearly as good right now. To be honest, although I liked this hotel, I wouldn't pay $100 or more for the same room. It might be worth it to you though, if walking to DD is important.

You can buy the UPH, enight tickets, and use to be eligible for ee.

I'm hoping to stay here again the end of May, first of June. I'm holding out for a great rate. I know I'm going, I just hope there will be better prices closer to my dates. I'm also waiting to see what kind of inventory is available thru priceline.

Carolyn

I was wondering about the character breakfast ast the Grosvenor as well.. who's done that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter