Growing big pumpkins

I've tried to grow the big pumpkins (dill's atlantic giant) from seed the last two years here in Atlanta, and either the seeds never germinated or the plants just didn't produce anything other than a few meager leaves. It's so frustrating because I have a really green thumb for just about anything else. Am I too far south to grow pumpkins???[/QUOTE

The seeds you got are mass produced under the Dills atlantic giant name and since they are mass produced they loose there genetic potential to grow em big as we say. You are not too far south I know of growers in AZ and Florida, A couple in Alabama so your fine, its your seeds. The important thing to remember with giants is you need a soil ph of at least 7.0 and the more organics you add to your soil the better. Water is a must and tons of it as thats what pumpkins need to grow. If you want some seeds to try your luck again this yr just shoot me a pm and I will gladly send you some from my own stock. I hope whatever you grow you take pride in your green thumb and have fun doing it. Good luck this season

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter