Guess what?

Wow, I can't believe that anything can be more expensive than New York! The Holiday Inn isn't anything fancy, only 3 stars but seemed decent. And the price was too good so we booked it on the spot. Our stay in New York the previous week will be $350 per night...and that's also 3 stars. Keen to hear about your experience at the radio city apartments. I keep wavering between that and the novotel where we're currently booked.

I just looked it up and we paid AUD$244 per night in Washington DC and US$224 + tax per night in NYC so around the same. I'll certainly let you know how we go with Radio City Apartments in a few weeks time :).

I just looked it up and we paid AUD$244 per night in Washington DC and US$224 + tax per night in NYC so around the same. I'll certainly let you know how we go with Radio City Apartments in a few weeks time :).

Not long to go now...under 10 days!! :banana:

I'm keen to hear more about Radio City Apartments too. I think the location is great and the rooms look fine. Not quite the Crowne Plaza we stayed at last time but for just over $200 a night, I can come at that.

We stayed at Radio City Apartments in 2007, 2 adults and 2 children in a 1 bedroom apt. Two double beds and a sofa bed in the lounge. Clean with cooking facilities. Laundry down in the dungeon and internet access in the lobby. Only problem was that the heater couldn't be adjusted and I had to leave the window open a tad at night.

Reception were not overly friendly but pleasant. They booked a towncar for us to La Guardia. Small supermarket about a 5-10 min walk.
Location is fantastic for being in Times Square with the subway just outside. Very close to Rockefeller Centre.

Maybe there are less expensive hotels around but for the position, laundry, position, kitchen, position and more space, we have booked again for Aug-Sep.

Ciao

We stayed at the Radio City Apatments (in a one bedroom suite) in November last year. I have done a bit of a review about it one of my other posts. In that, I was adament that due to a problem with the water pressure, I would never stay there again. Well having had the time to think about it some more - I have changed my mind. Would definately give it another go. It simply has too much going for it. Price, space & the phenominal location. If I had a problem with the water pressure next time, I would be more assertive in getting it looked at & if it could not be fixed, then being shifted to a different room. By the way this was the second time we had stayed there & the first time we didn't have an issue with the water.

In Washington DC we stayed at the State Plaza Hotel, which had some really affordable options for larger groups. It was also about an (tops) 8 minute walk to the White House & a 15 minute walk to the Lincoln Memorial. Just be aware though, that this hotel has two big buildings & the one further away from the reception area seems to get bad reviews, while the closer one gets good reviews. We stayed in the closer one (actually the suite right above the reception area) & although it was an older type accomadation, the space was massive. Also as a general rule, hotels in DC are a lot dearer during the week, than on the weekends. (Opposite rule in Las Vegas).

Hope this helps. Oh & my number one helper for choosing hotels is the reviews & photos on tripadvisor.com!

We stayed at the Omni Sherbourne, as we had already booked with them for San Diego, we were emailed a great offer. It was $99 including breakfast for two people. We just paid for the kids (I think it was around $6). If you register for the Select Guest program, you get free internet and two free drinks per person. You select delivery time and they are either left at your door or in your room. The one at San Diego had starbucks hot chocolate, yummm. Anyhoo, the hotel in DC was nice and close to the Metro too and we ate at a few restaurants in the area and they were great. If you hop on the metro and go two stops away from the city there are loads of great shops. I did this one arvo when hubby and kids were having time out. We used it to get to Union station too, only one train change. We actually left a few suitcases in NY, so it was really easy. The breakfast was great too. The hotel itself is beautiful, there is some info in the lobby about visits from beatles and bill clinton, etc. We actually have a free night at an Omni as a result of our stays with them, but may not be able to use it within the two year expiry!

Hey everyone. Thanks so much for the Radio City Apartment reviews. It sounds to me like although they may be a little older, that the rooms are pretty good and the location can't be beat. This will definitely be something to consider for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter