"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

I thought of you when I read this news.

Did you do it on your last trip?
Would you believe, no? combo of the timing of shows being decidedly off for us & the old ‘I’ll catch it next trip’ that finally caught up with us. thot crossed my mind to either look for a cheap flight for a few days in the next few weeks Or try to finagle a visit pre cruise out of FLL
B3E78497-1A32-499F-8207-CE3FDCCF9DA3.jpeg
LOL
I’m sorry I was the bearer of bad news!
oh, it’s all good. Better I heard it here vs on a thread where people were celebrating it’s demise

Would you believe, no? combo of the timing of shows being decidedly off for us & the old ‘I’ll catch it next trip’ that finally caught up with us. thot crossed my mind to either look for a cheap flight for a few days in the next few weeks Or try to finagle a visit pre cruise out of FLL
View attachment 752724
LOL

oh, it’s all good. Better I heard it here vs on a thread where people were celebrating it’s demise

I love that word.......finagle!!! It`s not used enough......lol......

Yes, get yourself a couple of flights and get down to go through it for the final times.....I always regret not getting to ride Duelling Dragons again as they closed it just before we arrived that year....darn them!!!!

You don`t know what you got till it`s gone......give me an hour and I`ll be lamenting it as the best thing ever.......lol.....

Poseidon`s Adventure.
It will be great you get to ride it one last time!

I think Kyle's plan is brilliant!!! I am hoping we can do something similar to that - not everyone in the family - as I can't do the spinning rides either - and I won't go on the fearfall either....NOPE...not happening! Most of the others I will go on. I will ride each coaster at least once - just to say I did it! The youngest ds is not too keen on the coasters, so we will see what he all does. But as for Dh, older ds ( and dd if she comes) they would definitely be up for that challenge.

These next three weeks will fly by, and you will be walking out the doors of the airport into the glorious Florida heat and sun!

It will be great you get to ride it one last time!

I think Kyle's plan is brilliant!!! I am hoping we can do something similar to that - not everyone in the family - as I can't do the spinning rides either - and I won't go on the fearfall either....NOPE...not happening! Most of the others I will go on. I will ride each coaster at least once - just to say I did it! The youngest ds is not too keen on the coasters, so we will see what he all does. But as for Dh, older ds ( and dd if she comes) they would definitely be up for that challenge.

These next three weeks will fly by, and you will be walking out the doors of the airport into the glorious Florida heat and sun!

I think we may even do it more than once....... ::yes:: well, since it`s going, it would be rude not to!

It`s a good idea in principal, but as you say spinny rides aren`t for everyone and I do think we should do the rides at least once to try them otherwise you don`t know.

I hope your youngest does them too, but I know it`s sometimes easier said than done.

Can`t wait for the heat!!!

Whether I make it on this one or not, remains to be seen!! But I do get a pass on this one apparently as Kyle doesn`t want to see his mum dizzy or unwell. But, I only get one pass to miss a ride.......he is brutal!!!!
Wow that's hard core!!
This is a good little ride.....but boy can it be a little rough at times considering it`s a kiddie ride basically, but it`s one we rarely ride in comparison to others.
Don't you need a kid with you to ride this? For some reason I remember some ride that had this caveat

Weird to mention Poseidon`s Fury the other day and then they finally announced the closing a day or so later. Of course now we have to do it at least once while we`re there......I imagine it might be the most popular it has ever been now the announcement is finally out there.

For us The Studios on many occasions has been our favourite park......but then we do go back and forward on which park actually is our favourite. It really does depend on the day.

Studios has had a little bit of resurgence over the last 5-10 years, it was always fun, but latterly they have added various street performers in different areas around the park and acts like Beat Builders actively lift the spirits of folks walking on past that area to get to Potter.

It`s not unusual to see an impromptu group set up and start playing instruments or just singing on the streets, and it does add up to a wonderful vibe the park didn`t used to offer years ago. So, we do try and catch as many of them as possible as we wander around.

But, for our challenge this year set by our son, to do every single ride in the parks.....there were two that stuck out as the worst possible things to have to endure in a theme park again.....and the first was.........

JIMMY FALLON.

i-dmdscPQ-X2.jpg

i-VG4Sr7j-XL.jpg

I agree, the building and line are very good and well laid out, and who doesn`t love the panda.....who did get me a very good scare several years ago....I thought it was a stuffed panda! And I`m supposed to be observant!

But, the ride itself, well, it`s not really a ride and if you don`t like Jimmy Fallon...then it`s a bit of a bust. I have never seen anything remotely funny about him and just don`t get the appeal. And it didn`t help the last time we did it, there was a problem with the screen so we all came out feeling woozy and vowing not to do it again.

For us this is the second worst ride in the parks.

TRANSFORMERS.

Although I`m fine with Spider-Man, I cannot deal with Transformers.

The screen is slightly different to my eyes and I can`t go round without feeling incredibly woozy which doesn`t happen on SM. The TM I spoke to said the pixelations were different on this and that`s what knocks folks funny. Aagin, it`s not the movement for me, it is the screen and that makes all the difference.

But, (I say that a lot) I think I need to try it once and see if it`s still the same. I felt bad coming off this the last time, but Kyle and Tom love it so it`ll be a nice surprise if I get round without an issue.

The other thing for me is, I`m not a fan of TF in any way shape or form, so it doesn`t inerest me at all. I guess if you`re a fan of the genre, it`ll be a fun ride for you, but I have no clue who is the good guy or the bad guy.

i-6X5mfb3-X2.jpg

FAST & FURIOUS.

i-cTsK4h6-XL.jpg

i-FL2dc2z-X2.jpg

i-qQPbNmL-X2.jpg

i-93TH489-X2.jpg

I think most of you will have guessed the worst ride for us and a lot of others, is Fast & Furious.

I`m still completely unaware how they made something so bad!! And it is bad.

The movies are ones we have never watched, but after this ride was announced we tried......we really tried, we didn`t get past the first one and even that we gave up half way through it....

The line for the ride isn`t the worst, we love cars and it was nice seeing some of the props in there, but then the pre show starts.

And all the talk of family...how you are family....you`re family.... just makes you want to scratch your ears off!!!

i-vJp3GqM-S.gif

So, I was irritated before I even got on the ride after listening to the absurdly ridiculous babbling dialogue these TM`s have to spout to you....it is bad.

The ride itself is not funny, nor amusing nor is it exciting. Even Kong is better for several reasons, but they got something so wrong with this one, there are so many things wrong with it I can`t even begin to recite them all.

But, there it is again.....but, I agreed to do them all, so I will smile through gritted teeth if I have to and get on the bus and will get off and promise never to do it again....and probably head for the nearest bar for a well deserved cocktail!!!

One and done!!!

TWIRL & HURL.

Why does everything have to spin???

This one is actually quite cute but we just choose to pass it by usually, we did go on it together several years ago with a couple of Dis folks and it was ok, not the most exciting of rides but cute, so this one will be nice to do again as a family.

i-g7pNgGZ-XL.jpg

SIMPSONS.

Many years ago, I think it might have been 2010 or 2011, it was way back anyway, we went on this together and it was the biggest mistake ever for me.

To begin with I`m not a fan of the Simpson`s, I`ve maybe watched 2 or 3 episodes maximum. Kyle was never a fan when he was younger and I didn`t really get the humour. Now, although I won`t sit down and watch an episode, I can pass 5 minutes if it`s on.

But, the ride.......

We came off and Tom and Kyle headed out laughing and excited for the next ride not noticing I wasn`t behind them, I was leaning on a wall with a TM helping me as I was completely nauseated, dizzy and green!!

They eventually turned and I wasn`t there so came back to see me being looked after by a lovely young TM who said this ride knocked a lot of folks funny and again it is the movement of the screen, but on this one closing my eyes didn`t help one iota either. I hated it.

So this is my "pass" ride for the Studios....and I had to negotiate getting a pass for each park as Kyle said I could only pass on one ride for both!!! He is a taskmaster at times!!

Tom and Kyle will enjoy this one numerous times I`m quite sure especially as I do wonder how long this area will stay as it is due to all the planned changes Universal seem to be implementing. I won`t miss the Simpson`s one bit, although it is popular for sure.

i-bjG8W4f-XL.jpg

BOURNE STUNTACULAR.

This is one we do enjoy a lot, I`m not the biggest fan of the movies as I get bored after half an hour or so, but I did enjoy this show more than the T2 show which I always used as a snooze time much to my son`s amusement as it was so noisy too.

I`m excited for Kyle to see this show as he does like the movies and Tom does too and it is very well done.

Although I do miss the lady on the pre show of T2 and her perfect announcement of

"Welcome, to Cyberdyne"

She was hilarious.

i-pbMrn8t-X2.jpg

Looking back at these posts, some of my words seem a little negative, but the rides I don`t like or can`t do are a tiny part of our experiences here.

I love mostly everything ride wise, but could enjoy just walking around them every day and not riding anything.

Everything I haven`t mentioned are rides and shows we absolutely adore and have enjoyed over the years so they will be enjoyed as often as we desire.

The atmosphere in both parks is usually fabulous and everyone always seems to be having a wonderful time and smiles are everywhere....well, there are always exceptions :rolleyes:

We`re so looking forward to getting back into the parks and enjoying the rides and atmosphere again, not to mention some of the lovely food options we are always excited about.

Less than 3 weeks now. :-)

Wow that's hard core!!

Don't you need a kid with you to ride this? For some reason I remember some ride that had this caveat

He is brutal isn`t he with the rides for me to do.....lol.....

You might be thinking of Pteranadon Flyers, you need a smaller child to ride that one unless you get on it through the Orlando Informer event. We never have, I think it looks terrifying to be honest!!!

In the past we were able to ride the 1st hour without the requisite kid In tow.

YMMV, I wouldn’t count on it. Think it all depends on the TM, how busy the season is, etc.

note, I’d never suggest verbally barraging a TM. They always have one station before you climb the stairs/enter the line. We just inquire if we may, or not :)
I`m still completely unaware how they made something so bad!! And it is bad
110% agree, and that’s coming from a fan of Vin Diesel’s Riddick movies
Looking back at these posts, some of my words seem a little negative, but the rides I don`t like or can`t do are a tiny part of our experiences here.
I’ve yet to meet a person who likes all the rides in any amusement park. It’s the park as a whole that captures my attention.

In the past we were able to ride the 1st hour without the requisite kid In tow.

YMMV, I wouldn’t count on it. Think it all depends on the TM, how busy the season is, etc.

note, I’d never suggest verbally barraging a TM. They always have one station before you climb the stairs/enter the line. We just inquire if we may, or not :)

110% agree, and that’s coming from a fan of Vin Diesel’s Riddick movies

I’ve yet to meet a person who likes all the rides in any amusement park. It’s the park as a whole that captures my attention.

That`s so true. People often slate the Uni parks for having no cohesion, but that`s one of the things we love, there are so many different parts to enjoy.

I don`t think I`ve ever watched a Vin Diesel movie??? I`m not sure about that.....

Hope you’re doing good…..you’re there next month too aren’t you if my memory is correct?
Yes, we're arriving 5/16 for 9 nights, so a little less than a month to go.

When my late brother came with us in 2019, he went over one day early and did all the rides on his own. There were some that I won't go on and my DD used to, but won't anymore like Hulk, RRR and DDFF. He had a blast. I'm so glad we had those two trips with him in 2017 and 2019 and got to make those memories as we never thought he'd leave us so young (56).

Yes, we're arriving 5/16 for 9 nights, so a little less than a month to go.

When my late brother came with us in 2019, he went over one day early and did all the rides on his own. There were some that I won't go on and my DD used to, but won't anymore like Hulk, RRR and DDFF. He had a blast. I'm so glad we had those two trips with him in 2017 and 2019 and got to make those memories as we never thought he'd leave us so young (56).

I`m so sorry Aurora. That is far too young to lose your brother, so very sad to hear he`s gone.

Memories are priceless and so precious and it`s wonderful you have them with him, and sounds like he made the most of his time at Universal, it`s wonderful he did every single ride, I`m sure he loved every second of his time there with you.

I hope your trip is fabulous, and please......if you see us, please say hello...I`ll be the one looking like a beetroot as Kyle will be dragging us round the parks like never before......lol.....

You might be thinking of Pteranadon Flyers, you need a smaller child to ride that one unless you get on it through the Orlando Informer event. We never have, I think it looks terrifying to be honest!!!
Yes I think you are right!! Pteranadon Flyers is one that I'd love to ride lol a roller coaster about my speed...that's why I remember because my kids didn't want to go lol...

But really - you are so brave to have only a couple of rides that are a hard no - I'm such a ride chicken. But like you, I can enjoy going to parks and not riding very many things.

Yes I think you are right!! Pteranadon Flyers is one that I'd love to ride lol a roller coaster about my speed...that's why I remember because my kids didn't want to go lol...

But really - you are so brave to have only a couple of rides that are a hard no - I'm such a ride chicken. But like you, I can enjoy going to parks and not riding very many things.

I think you`re quite brave being prepared to ride that one!!

The parks offer so much aside from rides, I agree. We can spend hours just wandering around together and "smelling the roses", they are such beautiful parks. And the odd cocktail stop is good too!!

don`t think I`ve ever watched a Vin Diesel movie??? I`m not sure about that.....
Oh, he’s definitely an acquired taste lol. Has settled into action movies, a bit of tuff guy with heart of gold sort. one of his earliest roles in spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan.

The Mr watched a blogger’s video from last weekend in the parks. Peeking over him, I was rather surprised to see all the construction walls. Inconvenient yet, a good portend of things to come! U seems to move so much faster on construction projects than their competition.

Oh, he’s definitely an acquired taste lol. Has settled into action movies, a bit of tuff guy with heart of gold sort. one of his earliest roles in spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan.

The Mr watched a blogger’s video from last weekend in the parks. Peeking over him, I was rather surprised to see all the construction walls. Inconvenient yet, a good portend of things to come! U seems to move so much faster on construction projects than their competition.

I`ve never watched Saving Private Ryan.....anything war related and I`m out....throwback to what we were talking about with war movies, hated Sunday afternoons as a kid, our tv only ever seemed to show either football which I hate, cowboy movies with John Wayne or.....war movies!! So I avoid them like the plague!! But, I`m sure I must have seen Vin Diesel in something at some point!

I did see there are a lot of construction walls up, yes, I tend to think positively about them knowing it`s going to be something better sooner rather than later. Yes, they don`t hang around with projects.

I was thinking about bloggers/vloggers a few days ago, someone asked me on here if I watched a certain one......I have never watched a vlogger in my life for the parks. I much prefer the written word to be honest but very rarely read a lot of other forums or blogs to be honest. Maybe I should, who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter