"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

Awe, so glad Kyle is able to join you for another trip! It so wonderful watching our children grow and have their own lives but hard at the same time! I definitely cherish the times now that my husband and I can travel together with our adult children and know how much you must be looking forward to this trip.

Have an amazing time!! I so look forward to reading all about it.

Awe, so glad Kyle is able to join you for another trip! It so wonderful watching our children grow and have their own lives but hard at the same time! I definitely cherish the times now that my husband and I can travel together with our adult children and know how much you must be looking forward to this trip.

Have an amazing time!! I so look forward to reading all about it.

:welcome: back christophfam.........

You`re so correct, it`s a happy mix of being happy to see them settled and succesful, but it`s a big change too.

We love being a couple and enjoy just the two of us travelling, but we absolutely cherish when it`s the three of us. Kyle loves Orlando too and we are so looking forward to him all to ourselves for such a long trip. It`s lovely being able to do both types of trips.

Didn`t you just have a trip down to Orlando??? Or am I thinking it was further back......I got up too early this morning, not sure my brain has engaged yet!! Hope you had a good time whenever it was!

But, so good to see you and hope you enjoy being along for this trip too.......:wave2:

I didn`t even know they had one in NY! Yes, you`d love it, it is such a lively place and we always enjoy our meals there too.

I agree, we always make the most of restaurants, even chain restaurants which can be decent over there while we can.

I was reading earlier about them making a movie of Wicked. Michelle Yeoh is Madame Morrible, I do like her, but not sure how a movie will work out. I love the show so much part of me wishes they`d leave it alone. But, I`ll give it a chance I suppose.
Yep the NY one I know is in Times Square I forget which street!

Correct Michelle is Madame Morrible!

I’m not a fan of the two movies personally (other than defying gravity wouldn’t have to be reworked). The books I have a love the relationship with so the fact they are using them more is weird to me.

Also -and I know this isn’t entirely his fault-but John Cho cut out and changed so much of In The Heights (I wasn’t mad at all the changes, but it was weird at times) and now is saying “oh we can’t cut out anything”……

Uhhhh

Uhhhhh

Ok

The cast however is stellar!

Yep the NY one I know is in Times Square I forget which street!

Correct Michelle is Madame Morrible!

I’m not a fan of the two movies personally (other than defying gravity wouldn’t have to be reworked). The books I have a love the relationship with so the fact they are using them more is weird to me.

Also -and I know this isn’t entirely his fault-but John Cho cut out and changed so much of In The Heights (I wasn’t mad at all the changes, but it was weird at times) and now is saying “oh we can’t cut out anything”……

Uhhhh

Uhhhhh

Ok

The cast however is stellar!

I think some shows don`t translate well into movies and it makes me nervous I`ll be so disappointed if I watch them as the show is incredible.

I`ve never read the books, just a life long love of the Wizard of Oz, I don`t know if I`ll go see it, having seen Wicked live so many times it would be hard to beat the impressions all those shows left on me. I`m not convinced there`s a need to do movies, but I guess money talks.

Yay for another trip report!!! So nice to hear that Kyle will be able to join you this time. It's so special when our adult children can take time from their busy lives to spend with us. Can't wait to read all about it.

I think some shows don`t translate well into movies and it makes me nervous I`ll be so disappointed if I watch them as the show is incredible.

I`ve never read the books, just a life long love of the Wizard of Oz, I don`t know if I`ll go see it, having seen Wicked live so many times it would be hard to beat the impressions all those shows left on me. I`m not convinced there`s a need to do movies, but I guess money talks.
I will say I haven’t read the 4th book yet in the series but the best imho was the 3rd one ( a lion among men).

I also love the wizard of oz! I actually have almost all the characters in nutcracker form!

Yay for another trip report!!! So nice to hear that Kyle will be able to join you this time. It's so special when our adult children can take time from their busy lives to spend with us. Can't wait to read all about it.

:welcome: back to you too Gr8t Fan......

Isn`t it just the best when they do still want to spend as much time with us!! It is indeed very special and we can`t wait.

Thank you, I`m glad you`re along for this one too and really hope you enjoy it, always good to see you here :)

I will say I haven’t read the 4th book yet in the series but the best imho was the 3rd one ( a lion among men).

I also love the wizard of oz! I actually have almost all the characters in nutcracker form!

The Wizard of Oz is the first movie I ever remember watching as a child and it was on Christmas Day. My mum says I was completely transfixed with it and to this day we watch it once a year and it`s usually at Christmas too.

Love it!

One of the nicest things about being on vacation is choosing where to eat every night and one thing for sure is, there are plenty of options to choose from.

Although we do like to try somewhere new every trip, at least one, we have our old faithful places that we return to most visits and one of them is Longhorn Steakhouse.

It`s a chain steakhouse and very reasonably priced for what you get, certainly not high end, but in comparison to a higher end place they come up quite well. Most steaks are around half the price of a higher end place, and although it may not be the same quality, we`ve never been disappointed....well, once we had to send Tom`s steak back......3 times, but that was unusual and it was eventually rectified, even so it should never take 3 goes to get a steak correct.

We like the one Vineland Ave next to the outlets, so ideal to hit two birds with one stone down there. It is always quite busy and you might have a wait if you don`t call ahead and get your name on a waitlist, but last few times we`ve been there, it`s not been as bad, we actually sat at the bar last visits and without Kyle we prefer that now. But, with three of us, we`ll get a booth.

i-v87TSK4-X2.jpg

Everyone loves the Honeywheat bread, it`s not my favourite but I`m not a huge fan of a lot of bread before dinner, I do like a little though. They are quick to offer you extra if you finish one, for some it`s hard to say no!!!

i-frz8QSn-X2.jpg

I think we`ve tried every steak dish under the sun off their menu and I think between us all we`ve enjoyed every one of them.

Kyle and I prefer the filet, always have done and we both insist on medium rare towards the rarer side, Tom can go to medium but does ask for medium rare.

I`m quite fussy on this and if it`s medium I will send it back, I`m not horrible about it, but these places should be able to cook a steak as you ask.

No one else in my family likes sweet potatoes, just me.....and weirdly I don`t like regular baked potatoes so this is the only time I eat one, if it`s sweet.

That brown sugar and cinammon.........🥰

i-jfJb5VP-X2.jpg

I only got a little taste of these ribs when Tom ordered them, they were delicious and the sauce had a little spicy tang to it when we got them, next time Tom ordered them the spice was gone, still nice though.

i-M7dpBsP-X2.jpg

i-kmjQC29-X2.jpg

My husband`s favourite steak!

i-gTxgrqt-X2.jpg

I`m not one for desserts but as most of you know....my husband and our son are complete chocaholics.....if a dessert doesn`t have chocolate in it, it`s not a dessert according to Kyle. Tom will eat a variety of desserts and isn`t as devout a fan as Kyle is, but the one they always order is the Chocolate Stampede from Longhorn.

I think it`s meant to be shared with four people.......

There are two giant pieces of chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and more chocolate on top, it does come with two scoops of ice cream which I usually enjoy. I`d prefer it without the sauce, but they like it, so I scrape it off....I just don`t like it.

But, they adore this one and it`s something Kyle has been looking forward to having this trip.

i-KZk8tn5-X2.jpg

One place we introduced Kyle to back in 2018 was the Ale House on Kirkman. It was somewhere we had always enjoyed on our own and as they did a steak we were sure he`d like it too.

And he did like it.

Again, we like to sit at the bar and eat, chat, have a drink and you usually end up chatting to the folks around you. So, if it`s just us we`ll sit at the bar and if there are more of us, we`ll take a booth.

Service is always exceptional here, staff really know how to take care of the customers. Only once did we have, not the best service, but the guy was brand new and his first day....he was not good!! Next time we went in Jen told us he didn`t finish his shift that day we were in. Not everyone is set up for a job like that.

There is usually a fabulous atmosphere in here, especially at night when it`s normally very busy. During lunch on weekdays it can be very quiet, but on a weekend it`s bouncing busy. And as we`re not American Football fans, or even regular football fans, we`re not that bothered byt the screens, but they have loads and all have different things on them to watch, so sports fans are spoilt for choice in here.

IMG_9751%20%282%29-X2.jpg

We don`t often get appetisers here, but we do occasionally share one and we do like the fried potstickers and fried jalapeno bites, which I have to say.....are the mildest jalapenos ever!!!

They were ok, we just expected HOT!!! And they were kinda mild. They come with ranch dressing, but I ask for honey mustard alongside. I would normally ask for one of their ultra hot sauces, but I expected the jalapenos to be hotter. I`ll remember if we ever get them again.

Pot stickers are nice though and the ginger soy dip is very tasty too.

i-brFTRSp-X2.jpg

i-m4vMTFZ-X2.jpg

I think these were like a shrimp side dish, but I can`t remember ever ordering them so not quite sure what they were and why we got them!!

i-TPKNsq6-X2.jpg

Their classic Zinger salad.....

I would recommend ordering a dressing of some kind to go with it as it was quite dry. They said there was enough sauce on the Zingers, but there wasn`t. I did ask for a side of their second hottest sauce and it worked well but I wouldn`t order the Zingers again as they were just a little tougher than they should be.

i-VkXkZxd-X2.jpg

They do have a very good selection of sandwiches and burgers, although we`ve never actually tried their burgers, the sandwiches we`ve had are very good.

This fish sandwich was huge, I don`t think the picture does it justice and it was prefectly cooked and the light spice didn`t overpower the light fish.

i-rkzMB2C-X2.jpg

Although I did ask for this without cheese......I just picked the cheese off, The Big Red is a huge piece of spicy chicken and you can get any of their sauces to coat the chicken....if you`re really hungry, this is the sandwich for you!!! I do admit to not eating the buns on any of these sandwiches, so I don`t feel too bad having a large piece of chicken for lunch!

i-wtWmgnM-X2.jpg

One dish we did have to send back was the Cobb salad, again we had asked for it without the blue cheese and it arrived with it on the plate. Now, usually we`ll just move something off the plate or push it to the side, but the aroma of it was not pleasant and it had been touching other items, so we got it changed and we could see it was a new plate and they hadn`t just scraped it off.

One cheese we both loathe is blue cheese!

But, the rest of the salad is lovely. Chicken and shrimp are nice and spicy but not too hot for folks that don`t like hot spice.

IMG_9748%20%282%29-X2.jpg

I know Kyle will order the filet they have here, it`s quite small at 6oz, but it never felt small for some reason and for a very cheap place, that was a very well cooked steak, I asked for medium rare and it was more rare which was ideal for me and tasty.

i-RQRsq97-X2.jpg

And another great place for ribs!!

They do a Monday and Thursday special every week.....usually it`s Prime Rib one night and some nights they have a whole rack for the price of half.....wouldn`t matter, we would always get the whole rack, they are so good.

i-F6HQp2N-X2.jpg

So, that`s two places we are looking forward to getting back to on this trip and another two places we don`t need to think about reservations as we are definitely folks who don`t want to be planning that much ahead!

Both are close so we would get an Uber now if it`s just the two of us but maybe Kyle will choose to drive to both places. The Ale House is five minute away and Longhorn about a 20 minute drive, so an easy drive to both.

I`m searching right now for a couple of new places we might want to try offsite this trip. Kyle will eat most fish, but isn`t overly fond of things like shrimp and lobster (what happened there) and like his dad, definitely doesn`t like Oysters!!! So I`m guessing we won`t be going to Hot n Juicy for seafood this time, I don`t think he`d enjoy it too much.

Some more food options coming up for us......so many choices.......😊

The Wizard of Oz is the first movie I ever remember watching as a child and it was on Christmas Day. My mum says I was completely transfixed with it and to this day we watch it once a year and it`s usually at Christmas too.

Love it!
LOL, I watched the Wizard of Oz when I was little too, and have been forever traumatized by it! I hate monkeys ever since I saw the flying ones. So creepy, Ick!
The rest of it was ok, but those monkeys, Wow.
My husband watches it every year, but I politely decline:)

In the words of the immortal Homer Simpson:

Mmmmmmm..........chocolate.......🤤

lol……you’ll get on famously with my two!!

I always say I don’t like chocolate, I can eat a little, usually white if I do, I think it’s just chocolate cake I really don’t like. One of my brothers is exactly the same…..we quite like a little chocolate and we do really like cake…….just not together :duck:

LOL, I watched the Wizard of Oz when I was little too, and have been forever traumatized by it! I hate monkeys ever since I saw the flying ones. So creepy, Ick!
The rest of it was ok, but those monkeys, Wow.
My husband watches it every year, but I politely decline:)

Those were scary as a child, still quite creepy and daunting even as an adult watching.

I love this meme…..one of my friends uses this phrase all the time to her staff……lol……..she does it in jest of course!

8E319432-619B-4921-93C4-971F57098D13.png

I think the munchkins left more of a mark on me terror wise…….they really freaked me out even then!

But, it’s such a fabulous movie.

Have you ever seen Wicked? I love how it takes what you think you know about the Wizard of Oz and then turns it upside down and roundabout and then shakes it up some more!

lol……you’ll get on famously with my two!!

I always say I don’t like chocolate, I can eat a little, usually white if I do, I think it’s just chocolate cake I really don’t like. One of my brothers is exactly the same…..we quite like a little chocolate and we do really like cake…….just not together :duck:
I can confirm that chocolate cake and Carole's Punch go good together! 😁

Those were scary as a child, still quite creepy and daunting even as an adult watching.

I love this meme…..one of my friends uses this phrase all the time to her staff……lol……..she does it in jest of course!

View attachment 746256

I think the munchkins left more of a mark on me terror wise…….they really freaked me out even then!

But, it’s such a fabulous movie.

Have you ever seen Wicked? I love how it takes what you think you know about the Wizard of Oz and then turns it upside down and roundabout and then shakes it up some more!
Unfortunately, I haven't seen Wicked yet! I wanted to see it in Minneapolis when it was there, but it didn't work out. I would absolutely love to see it!

It's funny that the Muchkins scared you, LOL. I don't know if there is anyone who wasn't traumatized at least a little by that movie! My husband wasn't - he loves it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter