Guest bedroom bed

What kind of bed is in your guest bedroom?

• Sleeper sofa/futon/daybed/murphy

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • 2 twins or bunk bed set

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Full size bed

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Queen size bed

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • King size bed

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Nothing, use air mattress

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • 1 twin bed

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
Trying to figure out my guest bedroom. What kind of bed do you have in your guest bedroom?

I think it all comes down to do you actually want guests or not? 😂

Seriously, though, for us it's a pullout due to space issues

We actually have 2 guest rooms since it's just us at our house. I have a full size bed in the main one that a guest would use - I didn't really make a conscious choice to have a full size bed, it's just the bed I already had when we got married, so it went in the guest room since DH had a king size bed. Our other guest room has 2 twins, but no one really ever uses that room. When my Grandma passed away, I inherited the pair of Jenny Lind twin beds, so we set them up in the smaller guest room.

The only guests I have ever had sleep over were my brother and his wife and kids and at the time, I didn't have a guest bedroom so they slept on various sofas. Now I have two rooms with queen beds and no guests :D

My son rarely sleeps in his room. He's 5 and I love those preschooler snuggles. His room has become the guest room for now and there's a full sized bed in there.

We moved into our house 10 months ago. We put a full size in the guest bedroom. It is a cheapo mattress that came rolled up flat from Amazon or Wayfair. We got it about 3 years ago to set up room for DD finishing college during Covid times when they were online. And we have a 3rd bedroom that DH uses as office which we have a daybed with pull out trundle (so 2 twins) and they also were cheapo rolled up mattresses from Wayfair.

We live in FL and our family is all in MD, except our son who is in FL but 4 hours away. We have a lot of visitors and want that. Two of our 3 kids have partners. So that's 5 visitors plus my mom sometimes. Maybe not all here at once. But we had 4 of them here for last Thanksgiving and 3 of them at another visit. May have 3 to 5 of them this summer, at same time. And we recently had friends (in their 50s) stay for a few nights. That full size bed is small and squishy and really only good for just 1 person.

So do I replace with a queen mattress. I have all bedding. But no bed or frame. I do have a frame (just metal frame, no head board) for a king and sheets but no comforter. Plus I could move my king mattress there and get us new as I am not a fan of current one. But room is small so it would eat up all the space with the dresser and desk in there too.

Then I can move the full into the 3rd room but would also eat into the space where DH has his work desk. Plus the furniture in there is black (desk and daybed and other small pieces) and more industrial but the full is a white metal whimsy like bedframe. I also have a full size flat frame (mattress just lays on, no headboard) I could use. Then get rid of the white whimsy bed and the black daybed Plus the 2 twin mattresses. I have way more full, queen and king bedding as the twins were just added 9 months ago and they basically only have fitted sheets on them with a daybed covering. No sheet sets or comforters or anything. They are tiny beds too for my crew...my DDs-24 are almost 5'9" and DS-26 is 5'11".

We have a queen but I’ll admit the room is so packed full of junk no one is staying in there anytime soon. We have a 4 bedroom house and now it’s just the two is us so I’ve been trying to organize and move things around. I have succeeded in making a bigger mess I don’t feel like dealing with right now.

I don’t have a guest room, per se. I live in the family home my sister and I inherited when our parents passed. So there is my old room, my sister’s old room (which she uses when she visits) and our parent’s room, which doesn’t really get used much.

In fact, I have never lived anywhere with a dedicated guest room. We always had a sofa bed in the living room for guests.

We are anxiously awaiting the completion of our new house. Since money doesn’t grow on trees, I only bought a new couch and love seat. The rest of the current furniture will have to do. So the master will have our queen for now. Our son’s room will have a full, but he doesn’t always live with us so this could double as a guest room. The third bedroom will have a twin plus a recliner because my husband swears that’s where he will watch tv. Sitting in his old recliner that he loves.

We have 2 guest rooms, 1 has a king bed and 1 has a queen bed. The rooms are used by the grand kids when they spend the night....which is rarely anymore

Guest rooms are the kids old bedrooms. Queen in son’s room and a twin in daughter‘s room. We don’t get guests anymore , just the kids coming home every few months.

When we go to our son’s home they have a double . When you’re used to a Queen it is small. We wouldn’t even book a hotel with a double .

Really I think it depends how big your guest room is and what will fit.

Our guest room has our old queen bed, moved in there when we got our king one. It does get used sometimes.

We don't have guests, we have grandkids. Our house has 4 bedrooms. One room has a queen size bed. One room has a set of bunk beds and a twin. Other room has a twin but one of those bed in a box on a trundle type frame. The idea was to slip it under the bunk bed when not in use, but never bothered. That room is also the computer room.

We also have a few blow up mattresses for when the grandsons sleep over too, but that only happens once in a blue moon.

If I were purchasing for/setting up a new guest room, I would go with a queen as long as you have the space and want it set up with the look of an actual bedroom. If not, a trundle bed would be my next option. More comfortable than a pull-out couch, but only takes up about the same amount of space and can be used for sitting to read/hang out with pillows along the back when not in use as a bed.

I two guest bedrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. Both have their own bathrooms and walk in close. We remodeled both of them.
Upstairs: Queen bed, white furniture (2 table and just the bed).
Downstairs: King adjustable bed with upholestery headboard. One bedside table and a table/dresser type piece of furniture (white). We went with the adjustable bed for when we get older and don't want to do the stairs. This bedroom is on main floor.

As I mentioned before, we never have guests but I knew that the downstairs room would be used as my office 90% of the time and my convalescent room after foot surgery 10% of the time. I knew I could not do a twin bed for 6-8 weeks, especially with two cats insisting on sleeping with me. But, I did not want to sacrifice too much of my office space by putting in a King. A queen worked perfect for me. Just enough room for me and the cats and big enough for when DH "came to visit 😉" me downstairs.

If we had frequent guests and didn't need the office space, I would have gone with a king but the queen worked for our purpose.

We have a full in one room and a twin in the other.
if I were redoing it and had the space, I would go for 2 twins that can go together to make king or be used separately.
This would give your guests a choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter