HA rooms

rammh

Mouseketeer
Is there a standard time frame that HA rooms become available for anyone to book?

Is there a standard time frame that HA rooms become available for anyone to book?

If you are not handicap you might not want it. My parents had a handicap room on their last cruise. They said never again. They liked the shower and the nice chair that was in the room. There wasn’t hardly anywhere to put your clothes. Other things they didn’t like.

Last edited:
Plus the cost was higher.

Cost was higher than what? HA rooms cannot be priced differently than a non-HA room in the same category. Of course, with DCL tier pricing, date comes into play - but that's the same as anyone booking the same category.

OP - I don't know when DCL releases HA rooms, or if they do. I know they will assign HA rooms to GTY/*GT bookings.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cost was higher than what? HA rooms cannot be priced differently than a non-HA room in the same category. Of course, with DCL tier pricing, date comes into play - but that's the same as anyone booking the same category.

OP - I don't know when DCL releases HA rooms, or if they do. I know they will assign HA rooms to GTY/*GT bookings.

Enjoy your cruise!

Your right I took out the part of the cost being higher. I texted my mom and asked her. The cost was higher but is was because they had a port hole and there was no port hole available for handicap room so they had to get a
Verendah.

Your right I took out the part of the cost being higher. I texted my mom and asked her. The cost was higher but is was because they had a port hole and there was no port hole available for handicap room so they had to get a
Verendah.

That can be true - the only availability might be a higher category that what you wanted. Only certain categories have HA rooms, and I think the classic ships have very few that aren't verandahs.

I stayed in a HA room on the corner and I would definitely stay there again. There was only bathroom but it was large. The room had lots of space. 2 closets plus drawers, the same or more storage as other rooms.

If you are not handicap you might not want it. My parents had a handicap room on their last cruise. They said never again. They liked the shower and the nice chair that was in the room. There wasn’t hardly anywhere to put your clothes. Other things they didn’t like.

I actually don’t want it. I am trying to just gauge when they might open them up for others to move, therefore possibly opening other options for my gty. I guess I didn’t realize I could get a HA room with a gty or I would not have gone that route. I know lots of people do like them but I have my 15 yo son and those rooms don’t have privacy curtains and I want the double bath. Hoping I don’t get assigned to one

My wife need a new hip and uses a cane for short distances and a wheelchair for longer, so we booked a HA room. Shortly after we booked the room, we got a call from DCL noticing that we had booked a HA room and they had nothing in their records to indicate that we needed one. I explained our situation and they were fine. I have heard that some people that don't need them book HA rooms for the extra space. I was glad that DCL does at least some minimal checking to make sure that the rooms are available for those that need them. I was onboard when the Hawaii cruises opened for Platinum booking and a women in a wheelchair in line with me was unable to book a HA room. I hope that the rooms were booked that had an actual need.

My wife need a new hip and uses a cane for short distances and a wheelchair for longer, so we booked a HA room. Shortly after we booked the room, we got a call from DCL noticing that we had booked a HA room and they had nothing in their records to indicate that we needed one. I explained our situation and they were fine. I have heard that some people that don't need them book HA rooms for the extra space. I was glad that DCL does at least some minimal checking to make sure that the rooms are available for those that need them. I was onboard when the Hawaii cruises opened for Platinum booking and a women in a wheelchair in line with me was unable to book a HA room. I hope that the rooms were booked that had an actual need.
How long ago was this? We just booked a HA room and connecting aft verandah for our October Dream cruise. I booked online and when I checked the accessible box a warning came up that said you are booking a HA room and may need to prove that it's needed or something to that effect. It did not say that you need to complete any sort of paperwork and have it on file. But I was thinking that maybe if there's more people that need them and they are not available that they start contacting people like they did you? IDK. But I do know that when I tried to book a hearing impaired room through Costco on another cruise line, Costco said they would not give me that room unless we needed it. We did need it and Costco sent us the special needs form to fill out which we had to return to them.

How long ago was this? We just booked a HA room and connecting aft verandah for our October Dream cruise. I booked online and when I checked the accessible box a warning came up that said you are booking a HA room and may need to prove that it's needed or something to that effect. It did not say that you need to complete any sort of paperwork and have it on file. But I was thinking that maybe if there's more people that need them and they are not available that they start contacting people like they did you? IDK. But I do know that when I tried to book a hearing impaired room through Costco on another cruise line, Costco said they would not give me that room unless we needed it. We did need it and Costco sent us the special needs form to fill out which we had to return to them.

DH needs an accessible room and they can be difficult to book. On the last WBPC Cruise they sold out on day 1. I would recommend going to the DCL website under disabilities and download the form and send it or fax it in. We have ours on file .
We had an ECV and had to park it on another deck (deck 6) on the Wonder. On our next cruise we were able to book an accessible cabin on the Fantasy but we again booked as soon as the cruise was available to book. Enjoy your cruise.

The cruise we took with a HA room was this past January. I don't remember which cruise we were on when we booked it. I did not complete any paperwork. I just had a voicemail a couple of days later from DCL, called them back and they were satisfied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter