• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hair frizz

Do Brazilian Blowouts last months for most people? I've gotten them and loved the initial results. Then after the first wash or two, I noticed my hair is shiny, more manageable, but definitely not like I left the salon, then by the third or forth wash it's back to usual. I follow my stylists recommendations for hair care - she did explain that the careful down blow should smooth my hair, but that it will only last so long and for me that's maybe 4 washes. I rarely blow dry my hair myself, maybe I should.

Do Brazilian Blowouts last months for most people? I've gotten them and loved the initial results. Then after the first wash or two, I noticed my hair is shiny, more manageable, but definitely not like I left the salon, then by the third or forth wash it's back to usual. I follow my stylists recommendations for hair care - she did explain that the careful down blow should smooth my hair, but that it will only last so long and for me that's maybe 4 washes. I rarely blow dry my hair myself, maybe I should.

Using the right products for the Brazilian is very important in aftercare. Also, different companies have different results.

Are you getting the Brazilian Blowout or the Brazilian Blowout Express? The express is only designed to last 4 weeks. I have clients who go 6-8 months after we do the Brazilian Blowout.

Is a Brazilian blowout the same as a Keratin treatment? I get a Keratin that seems to cost what some are referring to as a Brazilian blowout. It does keep my very thick and wavy hair remarkably smooth and straight, but you can only use Keratin shampoo and conditioner after you have it. I I keep using the special products for 6mos or so before I feel the keratin has worn off and go back to regular shampoo/conditioner until I do another Keratin treatment.

Is a Brazilian blowout the same as a Keratin treatment? I get a Keratin that seems to cost what some are referring to as a Brazilian blowout. It does keep my very thick and wavy hair remarkably smooth and straight, but you can only use Keratin shampoo and conditioner after you have it. I I keep using the special products for 6mos or so before I feel the keratin has worn off and go back to regular shampoo/conditioner until I do another Keratin treatment.

Similar system, different company. When you switch back to your regular shampoo/conditioner try to keep it sulfate and sodium chloride free.

Not budget, but for me the results are worth every penny. Plus, I buy the 33.8 ounce size and it lasts me quite a while. The cut doesn’t work for me, but I have a friend who gets the Ouidad cut and she loves it. OP...you can order sample sizes from the Ouidad website to try out the products. Ouidad is a curly-haired girl who created her own product line and salons when she couldn’t find anything that worked for her hair. She knows what she’s doing for sure.

I was looking for something to use after styling to keep frizz away - any hairsprays or anything that will work to keep my hair from flopping in the humidity?

I was looking for something to use after styling to keep frizz away - any hairsprays or anything that will work to keep my hair from flopping in the humidity?

Try a very small (pea size) amount of a light oil starting at the mid shaft down. Never apply it to the roots.

Another vote for the Frieda products, but for me -short hair - a little goes a very long way.

Frizz Be Gone by Giovanni. I get mine at Marshalls or TJMaxx $3.99 for 2.75oz. Just one squirt (I have medium length hair a few inches below by shoulders) lasts me about 4 months. It works best of everything I have tried previously including frizz ease.

I have curly hair and have yet to find a solution since moving to the south 3.5 years ago. Thank you to those who posted their recommendations. Hopefully I can get the frizz under control while managing the curl.
Do you follow the curly girl method? Glycerin in hair products can cause lots of frizz in humid climates.

What is curly girl method? I have more wavy hair that gets frizzy in the summer but looks great in the winter lol.

Frizz Be Gone by Giovanni. I get mine at Marshalls or TJMaxx $3.99 for 2.75oz. Just one squirt (I have medium length hair a few inches below by shoulders) lasts me about 4 months. It works best of everything I have tried previously including frizz ease.
Do you mean you put it on once and it lasts 4 months OR the bottle lasts 4 months. If you put it on once and it lasts 4 months I am going to buy a case. I hope that is what you meant.

What is curly girl method? I have more wavy hair that gets frizzy in the summer but looks great in the winter lol.

Either cowashing or modifying by using a low poo, no silicone or sulfate products, basically treating your curls with kindness and moisture and avoiding harsh products. Not all products work equally on different hair types. There is a bit of a learning curve to know your hair type, porosity and what products work best but well worth it, in my opinion. There are a couple FB groups that I would recommend if that is permissible?

Do you mean you put it on once and it lasts 4 months OR the bottle lasts 4 months. If you put it on once and it lasts 4 months I am going to buy a case. I hope that is what you meant.

Sorry, no I use a squirt after every wash (every other day) and the bottle lasts me about 4 months.

I have been using Liquid Keratin Blow out. I got it on their site and have used it twice so far and I really like it. It has been 3 hot humid days and no frizz. Now will it hold up to Orlando after a rain storm?? I have no idea. I also bought the IGK Keratin in a Can do not know how it will work but with 20% off on their site and 25% back from Ebates it was a steal and I needed to see if it worked.

Hope you don't mind my tacking on to this question..

I was in Florida in July. What worked for me at home in NE didn't work at all in Orlando!! It wasn't frizz I struggled with - but my hair took in so much of the humidity that it was tacky from the products I did use! My hair was wet and sticky all day -not a great look!! :scared: Has anyone else experienced this? It must be this new mousse I'm using that I love, just not when I'm in FL I guess!

Hope you don't mind my tacking on to this question..

I was in Florida in July. What worked for me at home in NE didn't work at all in Orlando!! It wasn't frizz I struggled with - but my hair took in so much of the humidity that it was tacky from the products I did use! My hair was wet and sticky all day -not a great look!! :scared: Has anyone else experienced this? It must be this new mousse I'm using that I love, just not when I'm in FL I guess!
This can happen when traveling -- all the different weather conditions, hotel water (hard? soft? totally different from home?), etc. can change the way your regular products work. A good clarifying shampoo (make sure it isn't too harsh) can help. And making sure your hair is well conditioned and in good shape before your trip. Travel sizes of a few different things you can try might help. Then you'll know what works better for your hair in FL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter