Hair & Make-Up For Wedding

melissadanny2003

Earning My Ears
I was planning on having my hair and makeup done for my wedding day but if I have it done by a Disney person then it will cost $95 to have my hair and make up done, another $95 for the trial run, and $150 for the castle photo shoot. I was thinking about paying for my brides maids hair and make up also but that would be another $95 each. What do you think? Does that price sound right or should I look for someone else to do it other than Disney?

I think the prices are fairly reasonable. When I had my hair and make-up done here in Chicago for my best friend's wedding they charged almost $100 just for hair alone! I am going to have Disney do my hair for our wedding, but I think I will have my regular hair stylist here at home do the trial and then take pictures to bring along! She is only going to charge $35 for the trial!

Hi! We had Disney Cosmetology do my hair, and that of my MOH, and they did a FANTASTIC job! They were well worth the $95 I spent (plus $30 for nails & $30 for tip - $15 per cosmetologist). Oh, and for the MOH, she only got her hair done. You may want to consider just paying the $50 for her hair, and letting her do her own makeup, since most women know how to put on makeup, but it's the updo that would be a challenge to create.
I didn't do a trial run - it wasn't worth it for me. I know that they are professionals, and I knew that they would do a fantastic job - and they did!
I rarely wear makeup, so I was worried about it looking natural enough, but they really listened to what I wanted for makeup. For hair, I was so vague - I knew that I wanted it up, with curls, and I knew that I wanted tendrils coming down along each side of my face, but other than that, I had no idea. But I trusted them, and they made magic with my hair and my MOH's.
Another thing to realize is that they come so early that if you do happen to dislike what they've done, they have time to change it. They arrived at 8 am for our 12 noon ceremony, so if I had been uphappy with the updo or makeup, there was plenty of time to change. Just another reason why I found the trial run unnecessary. Another was that you're not guaranteed to have the same person doing your hair the day before & the day of the wedding, so there's no guarantee that the cosmetologist will be the same one and know what you want from them on your wedding day.
Cheers!
Heather W

Thanks! You answered my question as well. My mother is doing my hair but I was worried that I'd look too made up. Nice to know that they listen!

I didn't do a trial run either. You really don't have to since they'll ask you how you want your hair. Then they'll put it in that style and, if you don't like it, they'll take it down and try again. My mother didn't like the part in my hair, so they took it all down and did it without the part. The best part was the same woman did my hair and make-up the day of the portrait in MK. She knew exactly how I had my hair and make-up on my wedding day and just repeated the same styles. I understand the $150.00 thing since I didn't really love getting up at 4am either!

I also never, ever wear make-up. You couldn't even tell I had it on, except for the lipstick. It's so natural and they do such a great job. They're fun to talk to, too. Ask them about their horror stories - brides throwing things at them. They have this code and when someone is being mistreated they say the code and they all pack up and leave. They have great stories about Susan Lucci and Britney Spears. I had a blast with mine and since it's charged to the master account, you really never notice it anyway! I did tip her $40.00 for coming to my room at 4am though. It's definitely worth it to have them come do it. How many days do you get to have your make-up done by the same people who do Soap stars??

I didn't do a trial run with Disney Cosmetology either, and it turned out fantastic. If you have your heart set on a specific style I suggest bringing lots of pictures of it. If you decide to have someone at home do a trial run for you make sure you get get photos of all angles. I thought I knew what I wanted, but a couple days before the wedding DH asked that I please wear my hair down... I told them I wanted my hair down but not in my face, and needed it to hold from our 4:00 wedding through the reception, dancing and fireworks. It did, without feeling yucky even with a bit of rain in the air. Also, the makeup was worth every penny in my book too. It was very natural looking yet spectacular, and never ran, smeared or faded and I had lots of tears! I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!

i just got back from our disney honeymoon! we got married at a chapel offsite, but i still had someone come over from disney cosmetology to do my hair. it was well work the money i spent for it though. my hair held up all day! she did my hair at 7:30am and it stayed until i took it down that night! (i did my own makeup) she was a delight to talk to...i only knew that i wanted my hair up and curls piled on top somehow. she did it in a flash! exactly how i wanted!!

Originally posted by animegirllover
I'm getting my hair & my makeup done on December 2009 before my wedding begins.

2009? How in the heck did you manage to get that scheduled? Your fiance must be one patient man......
-Andrew

I had hair and make-up done. Actually it was so perfect. We had a Cinderrella theme and the woman who did my hair does Cinderellas for parades and shows! It was well worth the price. We had our nails done that morning at the Contemporary! which saved time and money. Whatever you choose I am sure you will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter