Hakuna Matata: Dash away, dash away, dash away All!

Steffwalks

Team Hakuna Matata
Good morning Hakuna Matata!!!

It's December!! Merry Christmas!!!!

We are closing in FAST to Marathon Weekend! How many people are getting WDW for Christmas? We are!

Hakuna Matata Itineraries

Margie and family - Arrival: 6th Resort: Pop
Connie and Jon - Arrival: 6th Resort: Pop
Vicki - Arrival: 6th Resort: Polynesian
Jennifer - Arrive: 9th Resort: All Star Sports
Jack and family - Arrive: 8th Resort: Polynesian
Kim and Mike - Arrive: 7th - 11th Pop and 12 - 16 Boardwalk Villas
MaryJ and family - Arrive: 7th at Bay Lake Tower
Lynn and Scott ???????????
Dave ????????????

We will miss Denise and Mark and Eva and Family!!!

Hey!!!!, maybe this time I can keep up!!!

How are things Connie????

Just finished my AM workout, wish heel pain would go away but will work with what I have to. Main focus right now is goofy.

Hope everyone has a great day

Wow! What a month for me!

Things have settled down. DGD has a surgery consult today, I hope! This needs to be FIXED!!!

Company left this morning, early. She left feeling kind of puny, but I think it was nerves. It's a solid 9 hour ride home and just two weeks after major surgery!

But for now, my time is my own. And I have gotten all my training in and I hope to be able to show up here more often!

:grouphug: to everyone. Many of us have had a tough go, lately! But with a little help from our friends, we always make it through! Thanks, friends.:hug:

Hi everyone! December already - wow! I saw some white stuff on the roofs and the grass this morning but I'll just pretend that it's frost. Hopefully the roads will dry up by the time work's done. I'm planning to go out for a 4.5 miler tonight but will probably just take it nice and easy.

Kim - pixiedust: for your heel! I wonder if there's an insert or something that you can get for your shoes.

Connie - Great thread title as always! I'm glad things are starting to quiet down for you. And WTG on getting in the training in the midst of all the hectic-ness. I hope things go well for DGD at her consult today!

Jennifer - Have your students starting improving their behaviour?

Margie - Didn't know you were on BP meds... How are they working out for you? Sounds like you were giving you problems during your workout.

AFM - Still having some knee pain on my right side. It's kind of been lingering around for a while so I may change my training session on Thursday into an ART session.

Have a great day everyone! :wave2:

Good Morning, TEAM! :wave2:
Love the December Team heading - Dash Away – :love:

Captain Connie- PTL your DGD medical problems are finally is being taken care of. :goodvibes

Kim - pixiedust:pixiedust: I know it is hard to train when you have constant pain. pixiedust:pixiedust:

Scott- pixiedust: hope your yuckiness was just a need for rest bug!

To everyone. Many of us have had a tough go, lately! But with a little help from our friends, we always make it through! Thanks, friends
Yes, Connie I agree many of us will be sooooo thankful when this year is way behind us! :sad1: Jack said it so well on last months Team post about being thankful for Friends & Enemies!

Jennifer- we are thinking of you today :hug::grouphug::hug:

:hippie: :hug::grouphug::hug:

Vicky- I have been on high dose of BP meds for several years. They slowed my heart rate down so much it was hard to breathe. They were changed about two weeks ago and my blood pressure is steadily going up, this morning it is even higher 182/99, but it is easier to breathe!

Later...:wave:

Happy 1st of December Team!

Connie, PD to your DGD today. Hope things go well at the doctor. Glad to hear your training is going well.

Vicky/ Margie/ Kim, PD to all of you for your issues.

Have a great evening everyone. I'm out for 6 miles tonight.......Sue

Today went well, rented the second apartment I looked at. Opened a bank account, dropped off papers to lawyer, divided up savings bonds. I bought furniture and baskets and baskets of stuff for the new place since I needed everything. I bought good furniture and cheap housewears since the good housewears stuff will be going on sale right after christmas.

I realized about 6pm that I hadn't eaten or drank anything all day. So since my furniture, cable and internet will not be hooked up and delivered till tomorrow, I checked into a Days Inn with a large pizza, my laptop and a six of Miller Lite, Life is good.

Tomorrow will not be as busy just have to buy a TV and put the house together and then go to work. Oh and find a new princess of my own.

Sounds like everyone is just having adventurous times right now. Let's hope next year is better.

Darn Erica she wants to bring seperate cars to disney in January and she knows good and well I'll get hopelessly lost when I get close to Orlando. She is punishing me know.:guilty:

Dave, the werepandapirate:

Hi TEAM! :wave2:

Dave, I am so sorry-:hug::grouphug::hug: Some of us have experienced your little directional problem. But you will find when you really have to You Can Do It! Or you might want to invest in one of those little Garmins, Tom-Toms, of Magellan's that tell you where to go, when to turn...I love mine. And with all the sales you can get one cheap right now! :goodvibes

Connie-any update on your DGD surgery consultation today? :upsidedow

Jack - nice run this morning. I did not see how you did on the 10K on Thanksgiving, so I am off to check on that! ::yes::

Jack, Sue, & Vicky- :thanks: Called the doctor this morning - she added one of my older meds back, when BP comes down, stabilizes a bit, I then try eliminating it again. But it is amazing how much easier it is to just breathe! :goodvibes

I was careful, but did go to the gym tonight (a friend insisted on going with me-just in case). Did 1.5-miles on the DM, 10-minutes on the Elliptical, stretches, and some weights. It was an okay mini workout. :upsidedow

Night ...Oops should be 'Good Morning' :wave:

Hi everyone,

I tried to get on yesterday, but the internet was having "issues".

Everything went okay and the principals are at least now aware that the kids are out of control and willing to deal with it.

I got in 3.25 miles in 25 minutes plus strength training (about 15-20 minutes) last night. Looks like it may snow this weekend during my marathon. Who would of thought?

Oh and for whoever asked, this weekend is Memphis. The plan is to run with the 3:35 pace group, if I feel strong try to catch up to a 3:30 group at about mile 20, if I feel week drop back to the 3:40, and if all else fails under 4 hours. Whatever I do, I want to push it to 5 minutes faster by Disney 6 weeks later.

Jennifer

Good morning, HK!

It's blowing 100 mph, this morning! Okay, not quite, but it's 50 mph anyway. :lmao: Not funny. I am making Snuggie-like wraps for my family for Chirstmas this year. I think they will enjoy them. And I will be warm while I create!

Margie - please feel better soon, friend! Breathing is good, but the BP needs to be controlled too!

Dave - I am so sorry about your marriage. It's hard. Hugs coming your way! :hug: Let me know if I can help! See ya, soon!

Vicky - That foot problem. It could be the beginning of tendonitis. It could be tense feet! Hoping for tensed up feets!

Sue - How did that 6 miles go?

Jack - Good to hear from you!

Kim - Take care of that foot. You might want to look at a Strasbourg Sock (or Strasburg Sock..) That helps PF and tendonitis. Remember to NOT sit for more than 30 min to avoid pain. Nothing big, just stand up and kick the sitting kinks out a couple times an hour. Tendonitis will cause ruptured tendons more readily if you sit too much!

Lynn and Scott - You got snow? Hope the knee is great and the weather is tolerable and that you aren't sick, Scott!

Denise - Good to hear from you!

My DGD didn't have her consult. The radiologists didn't get their part finished in time. I am getting highly frustrated!!!!!!

Y'all take care! - Connie

Thank you Connie for your kind words and your kind voice message this morning. It will be tough for awhile but I think I'm a pretty together guy and I have a lot of friends so I should be fine.

Today is buy TV and unpack all the stuff I bought yesterday and get stuff delivered. Then work.

I love all of you and you are all a huge help getting through this.

Dave:hippie:

Quick post. I'm running late. Got caught up in the post on "Cheating"

Looking cloudy & dark outside. Hoping to make it home in time to run.

Dave, :grouphug: Sorry to hear about the changes happening in your life.

Have a great evening everyone.........Sue

Hi everyone! I decided to pass on my run tonight. I want to have my PT look at it first - I figure I'll take a rest on the smaller run in the hopes of getting that 9 miler on Saturday. I still feel bummed out about it - not sure why. I went to a running store today and they suggested I get a gel insole for my foot and knee. Naturally they didn't have my size but I wonder if it's really that simple to fix.

Connie - Thanks! I'll ask my PT about tendonitis tomorrow. Sorry your DGD didn't get into see the doctors. I know how frustrating that is. Hang in there!

Sue - Hope your run goes well tonight! Better rain than snow (at least that's what everyone at work keeps saying).

Jennifer - Keeping my fingers crossed for you - for no snow and a great time! I know you'll do well though :)

Dave - Sorry to hear about the separate cars :( Get a GPS unit for Disney. They're great!

Margie - Glad to hear the new/old meds are working out. WTG on the "mini" workout - doesn't sound so mini to me.

Have a great night everyone! :wave2:

Hi everyone,

6 miles in 51 minutes tonight. May head to the gym and get in some last minute ST later.

Best,
Jennifer

Good job kids on getting out there, Last coupleof days have been long ones, more training tomorrow.

Dave get a big TV, you deserve a 50" one.

Also I highly recomend Garmin Nuvi for your Car directionally challenged delima.

Good morning team!!!!!!

5 weeks today till Expo opens but hey who is counting....ME ME ME!!!!!

Thanks all for the good wishes for the heel, I have tried and bought everything. My hope now is to just get through Goofy, pain killers will be used only if necc. Nothing major just a tylonel. Then will take a month or 2 off. My next 1/2 isn't until the end of May.

Dave: Glad to hear you are all settled in. Just pick up a Garmin, Rogers worked like a charm when we went to Niagara Falls, even though we knew how to get there;)

Vicky: Looks like our nice weather is officially gone. I must have missed sonething are you having foot issues as well??? Take care we are so close. How is Nathaniels training going???

Hi Sue:flower3:

Connie: COntinued thoughts, prayers and PD for your DGD!!!!:hug:

Jennifer: COngrats on the workout!!!!

Margie: How are you feeling? I skirted quickly with high BP a few months ago, scared me. Looks like it is under control now but I know my stress levels can affect it quickly,

jship: 5 miles in 50 mins!!! Wahoooooo, I can only dream.

Been taking my mid week walks slow during the week, I know they are important but more concerned about getting in my long walks. I have a 18 M this weekend and 2 weeks from now a 20 then the long walks are done. I believe the others are 8 and 10M.

Slept in my own place last night and it was the best night's sleep I've had for a while. I firured out this morning how to turn the heat on since it was 39 degrees out and 60 in the apt. Good thing about the top floor, heat rises so I didn't freeze to death last night, even those I wasn't warm enough during the night.

I can start now officially putting me back in order since the apt is liveable now even if it's still bare necessities. I think I need that right now along with the peace of no baggage.

Kim I'm glad your training has gone so well, hope the foot cooperates.

Margie and Connie, start storing up those hugs, I need a bunch.

Scott and Lynn, I'm ready for some park hopping with the pros.

Everyone, can't wait to see you but dreading the drive down by myself.

I'm taking a rest day since it's a 12 hr day at work.

Have a great day y'all.

Dave:hippie:

Good morning to all my peeps!!!

Kim - 5 weeks??? :scared1: Keep taking care of those feets. Consider using Ibuprofen instead of Tylenol. Tylenol hinders healing. Ibuprofen will help with the pain, but it really works on the inflammation. Consider bringing along one of those fillable ice bags or an extra zip lock for ice for the races!

Jennifer - Hope everything is working out better! Good job on all the running you are doing.

Dave - I second Scott on the Garmin Nuvi! I noticed on mine, I can actually just plug the resort in! Be sure that you get one that annouces the street names. It's very, very useful in high traffic areas. -- Dave? Is Erica taking someone with her to WDW, is that why you are not riding together?

Margie - Hi!

Gotta go grocery shopping today. Hope to find my Runner's warehouse order, dumb UPS woman delivered it to the wrong addess!

See ya!

Good Morning everyone!
Got 5 miles in last night in 45 min.
Stopped by the beach on the way in this morning Huge Surf! :thumbsup2 Very cool.....

Storm is over so the sun is out and it's in the 50's very nice for Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter