Hakuna Matata -no worries- here's another dining review Update 4/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter to you too, Karin. And I love the pic of Ms White outside Aurora's castle! I may have to pay her a visit on my way to St. Petersburg!

Sorry I've been MIA. I was actually at DisneyWorld and traveling for work and coordinating my kids over their spring break. That chaos is over (but of course more moved in its place!).

I went to LaCava and had the blood orange marg. It was really tasty. I really liked the feel of this place but it was definitely a small spot. You better be willing to stand and pounce on an open table IF one opens up. The customers were having SO much fun that I only saw one table get up and leave the entire time we were there.

Happy belated Easter!!!

I've had the blood orange margarita, it's really good, I want to try that flight next trip.

I'm sorry Tangerine Cafe was disappointing, that is always one of my favorites.

Great update, that Margarita Flight looks yummy :)

Cute Bunny pic, Happy Easter to you too :)

happy belated Easter, Karin and Tom. Love the Bunny photo.

Margaritas on the Dream, now there's a plan:cool1:

Did you know that UK Disney dates for 2011 free dining are the best ever!
Jan to mid Feb, all of May and Aug-mid Nov:thumbsup2

What a great picture
Happy Easter to you to

Happy Easter to you both as well! Love the bunny pic...:laughing:

That bunny picture is great!

Love the Bunny Pix !!! Happy Easter to you both!!!

Another gem by Tom--love the pic! Happy Easter to you, Karin, and to Tom.:hug:

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Didn't Tom create the perfect Easter bunny pic? I loved it and just HAD TO share! ;) :lmao:

Happy Easter to you too, Karin. And I love the pic of Ms White outside Aurora's castle! I may have to pay her a visit on my way to St. Petersburg!

DLRP on Google Earth has updated with lots of 3D images and when I "strolled" through the park I saw that image of Ms. White (or Snow as you call here now!) and had to snap it for ya!
If you consider visiting DLRP take a good look at the park on Google Earth and don't forget to let me know so I can fill you in on "all the little secrets" about the park! ;) :thumbsup2

Sorry I've been MIA. I was actually at DisneyWorld and traveling for work and coordinating my kids over their spring break. That chaos is over (but of course more moved in its place!).

I went to LaCava and had the blood orange marg. It was really tasty. I really liked the feel of this place but it was definitely a small spot. You better be willing to stand and pounce on an open table IF one opens up. The customers were having SO much fun that I only saw one table get up and leave the entire time we were there.

Happy belated Easter!!!

Wow! I must have missed that you were supposed to go to WDW! :goodvibes But it sounds like you had a good time!
We were so lucky to get that table at La Cava - it must have opened up right before we walked in and was taken again as soon as we got up!
LOVE the Blood Orange Margarita! Good choice! :lmao:

I've had the blood orange margarita, it's really good, I want to try that flight next trip.

I'm sorry Tangerine Cafe was disappointing, that is always one of my favorites.

Actually next time I definitely want to try something else, even though the Blood Orange Margarita was yummy. They had a pineapple one, but were out of pineapple :confused3 that's the one I want to try next time! ;) :rotfl2:

Don't know what was up with Tangerine Cafe this time. We were deeply disappointed, esp. since we had had an enjoyable meal in September 09! :confused3

Great update, that Margarita Flight looks yummy :)

Cute Bunny pic, Happy Easter to you too :)

Something else you are going to have to try next visit ....... and don't forget to get some Guacamole, yummyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

happy belated Easter, Karin and Tom. Love the Bunny photo.

Margaritas on the Dream, now there's a plan:cool1:

Did you know that UK Disney dates for 2011 free dining are the best ever!
Jan to mid Feb, all of May and Aug-mid Nov:thumbsup2

Okay, I am going to put that into my planning - Margarita tasting with mossyflossy during Dream cruise! :yay: :woohoo:
I hope it works out that we can both cruise during the same time - would be the ultimate fun!

Yes, I have seen the new dates for FD for 2011! We are out of luck in February but might be tempted after the cruise :lmao: - still hoping they are doing a decent bounceback!
Are you staying at SSR this summer?

Afternoon Karin!!!

Hi Rosie, nearly time for bed for me, :lmao: - how are you today? I just had to pop over to your trip report as I thought you had a "date" with the docs today, just to find out that it has been delayed!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any news yet on when I should keep my fingers crossed for you again? :hug:

Hi, Karin. We've missed you the last couple of days and are anxious for the next update.

Dear Karin

I have spent the last couple of days reading through your fabulous dining reviews.

Excellent photos and great descriptions - making me very excited to go to WDW in August and eat at many of the places you have mentioned.

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

Hi there :wave2:
More great reviews many thanks for taking the time
You have inspired me to give it a go myself :goodvibes

Okay, I am going to put that into my planning - Margarita tasting with mossyflossy during Dream cruise! :yay: :woohoo:
I hope it works out that we can both cruise during the same time - would be the ultimate fun!

Yes, I have seen the new dates for FD for 2011! We are out of luck in February but might be tempted after the cruise :lmao: - still hoping they are doing a decent bounceback!
Are you staying at SSR this summer?

Yay, it's a date Karin!:cool1:

We're at YC for 5 nights and Dolphin for 1 before moving to Clearwater/HRH/offsite in August...

might try SS next Aug when new pool has been completed tho':)

great, great, great dining reviews!! you and Tom are too freakin' cute!

Thank you! :goodvibes Next review will be up within the hour - I finally finished school work and now it's on to fun - dining reviews! :thumbsup2

Hi, Karin. We've missed you the last couple of days and are anxious for the next update.

I had to get ready for school again :eek: but I am BACK and California Grill coming right up! :goodvibes

Dear Karin

I have spent the last couple of days reading through your fabulous dining reviews.

Excellent photos and great descriptions - making me very excited to go to WDW in August and eat at many of the places you have mentioned.

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

Wow! Spending a few days reading my stuff! Thank you! :hug: When will you be there in August? Maybe we can have another DISmeet! ;)

Hi there :wave2:
More great reviews many thanks for taking the time
You have inspired me to give it a go myself :goodvibes

Your review started off fine! Can't wait for more!

Yay, it's a date Karin!:cool1:

We're at YC for 5 nights and Dolphin for 1 before moving to Clearwater/HRH/offsite in August...

might try SS next Aug when new pool has been completed tho':)

:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

YC - now that you say so, I remembered! You are SOOOOOOOOOO going to love it there - Stormalong Bay is WONDERFUL!
Have you considered staying at OKW instead of SSR? We love it because the units are just HUGE!!!!!!! :cloud9: 962sq feet! SSR is 714sq feet!

....... and still Day 6, February 18

And more food for us :woohoo: dinner at the California Grill

We had a late ADR at California Grill and got ready to be there a bit early so we could just pop over to the Magic Kingdom for Wishes.
We arrived at the Magic Kingdom about 15 minutes prior to Wishes and really enjoyed it from Main Street. After the fireworks we slowly walked over to the Contemporary and looked through the shops there before we signed in about 15 minutes early.

We were immediately taken up to the restaurant where they told us they were running late (come on, tell us something new :rotfl2:), so we walked outside to the observation deck and enjoyed the view for a while. After about 10 minutes it got a little chilly, so we walked back inside and parked ourselves on some chairs, waiting our turn.
Right after 9pm our buzzer went off and we were told that we were to be seated in the Wine Room! Jackpot!!!!!!!! This means we get to view the Epcot Fireworks from our table!
Our table, a four top had the most wonderful view of the fireworks and our server was on hand right away, introducing himself and offering to help with the menu if we needed any help.
He took our drinks order and left us to have a good look at the menu!

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

A little later our server returned with a double load of Diet Coke for both of us .... he explained about the "free refill" policy :lmao: and that he was sure we would not want to wait for the refill, so he went ahead and got it right away! :rotfl:

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

Right up with the drinks he brought out some of their disneylicious sourdough bread and butter with rock salt! I LOOOOOVE that bread! It is slightly warm with a crisp crust and a very soft inside! YUMMY

IMG_4561.jpg

We decided to share a starter. We love their flatbreads and this was a very tempting combination! Tamarind Braised Beef with Thai Coconut Curry, Mango Pickles, Bok Choy, Sesame and Triple Cheese Flatbread. I want one NOW! BADLY!!!!!!! Does that say enough? ;)

IMG_4563.jpg

I had the Pan Seared Loch Duart Salmon with Citrus Couscous, Marcona Almonds, Sundried Tomatoes and Citrus Nage. I love salmon, but wasn't too sure about the citrus couscous, but boy was I wrong! Such an unusual combination, but working so well together. Needless to say I finished it all, even though it was hard work! :lmao:

IMG_4564.jpg

Tom had the Pan Roasted Striped Wild Bass Fillet with Stir Fry Vegetables, Sticky Rice and Ginger Soy Hijiki Broth. I stole a bite and it was absolutely FANTASTIC!! Well, I guess Tom liked it too, he finished it all! :thumbsup2

We were SO stuffed after all we had eaten all day, so when our server brought out the dessert menus we told him that we couldn't eat any and had decided against it.
(Well, it didn't prevent me from taking photos of the menus, ;))

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

IMG_4570.jpg

We handed him our Tables in Wonderland and asked the server to apply the discount and this is what he came back with!!!!!!!!

IMG_4566.jpg

He told Tom that he could not have a visit to the California Grill during his birthday trip WITHOUT having some cake there!
Now the cake is NOT on the menu, but it was scrumptious!!!!!!!!!!!! Moist wonderful chocolate cake, with a ganache filling!
How do I know? I ate most of it! :cloud9: :rotfl2:

Next up - a measly little snack at the Riverside Mill (but that day was another story)

Wow, awesome Cali Grill review, that cake looks to die for :)

Your server sounded like a hoot, bringing your refills before asking :laughing: and quite rightly that he said you couldn't visit Cali and not celebrate your birthday without cake :thumbsup2

Wow, awesome Cali Grill review, that cake looks to die for :)

Your server sounded like a hoot, bringing your refills before asking :laughing: and quite rightly that he said you couldn't visit Cali and not celebrate your birthday without cake :thumbsup2

Thank you! :hug:

The server was "not like any other before", :lmao: He told us about his daughter travelling Europe and how she had missed free refills!
We actually were sure about not wanting dessert, but that cake was too good to be left behind! ;)

OT: Have you started your planning journal yet? Don't forget to post the link - I am SOOOOOO in! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter