Hall of Presidents rehab extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of us have the answers. And none of us know what Disney is going to do. We can debate all we want, at the end of the day its Disney's decision what to do. Whether its moving the attraction, Trump speaking/not speaking, having only past presidents speak, or just closing the attraction we have NO IDEA whats going to happen.

You would prefer that Disney publicly state that Trump wouldn't do the recording, for whatever reason, if that is what is going on? Rather than take a more deferential approach of just moving on without calling out the President for not participating? Because that would seem to result in backlash for Disney as well.

Or, will you only accept it if Trump or one of his representatives comes out and says that he chose to not participate? Because this seems unlikely to happen.

For me, I absolutely would rather have Disney come out and call the president out. It seems a much better idea than leaving people thinking that they coward to the controversy which I think would cause much more of a backlash. The sad part is, I can see people throwing things and acting like fools during each and every show if he does speak, judging by the way things have been going since he was elected. I don't think there is one clear answer here. It's going to be bad no matter what because the world has seemingly lost it's friggin mind.

I know this is hard to keep in mind when we're on forums specifically geared toward All Things Disney™, but so few people care OUTSIDE of this particular bubble whether or not Disney can get Trump's voice in an attraction. I think (okay, I hope) more people care about the administration's efforts to govern, which is arguably more important for all of our lives than a theme park attraction.

I understand that it's personally upsetting to some Disney fans because HoP is your favorite attraction, or this is your favorite president, or you perceive it as a political slight by Disney, a company. But this is not A Big Enough Deal™ for Disney to call the president out to satisfy some demand for transparency in a theme park attraction. I'm guessing, if anything changes, Iger will offhandedly comment on why in some interview, just like he did when he said they were already building the bust etc. You are free to draw whatever conclusions you want if they switch up the speaking roles, all the same.

I'd rather just skip HoP than throw things or disrespect the imagineers and CMs. They suffer enough as it is, and I can't imagine forcing some poor imagineer(s) to repair the attraction after a long refurb.

Last edited:
I love the Hall of Presidents and definitely want it to stick around. It's both educational and entertaining. Plus it is a nearly perfect themed attraction for Liberty Square. All that's missing is Hulk Hogan and Hacksaw Jim Duggan waving the American Flag.

We need to keep the classic animatronic shows like Hall, Country Bears and Tiki Room. Not only are they classics, but their still enjoyable. Like a nice cold beer... or soda at the end of a day.

Is it bad that I sort of hope it is still not open when we visit (though I doubt that will be the case as we won't be there until mid-September)? I would like to not have to make that decision of whether or not to go once Trump's figure is installed. [This is entirely my own feelings and opinion; I respect that people have differing views and opinions and can make different decisions even if they share my own opinions.] Honestly, if he talks, it'd be an easy skip. But even if he is just in the group of presidents, I am still leaning towards skipping. Which sucks because I would have liked to see HoP (this will be my first visit to WDW). Anyways, when I've made up my touringplans schedule I haven't included it; there will be plenty of extra time though so if I change my mind we can go.

Is it bad that I sort of hope it is still not open when we visit (though I doubt that will be the case as we won't be there until mid-September)? I would like to not have to make that decision of whether or not to go once Trump's figure is installed. [This is entirely my own feelings and opinion; I respect that people have differing views and opinions and can make different decisions even if they share my own opinions.] Honestly, if he talks, it'd be an easy skip. But even if he is just in the group of presidents, I am still leaning towards skipping. Which sucks because I would have liked to see HoP (this will be my first visit to WDW). Anyways, when I've made up my touringplans schedule I haven't included it; there will be plenty of extra time though so if I change my mind we can go.
I feel the same way. Haven't made any plans to see it (I'm sure it will be open for us in November, too) either way. It's my first visit in 14 years, and my BF's first visit ever, so I feel like we can always see it again on a future trip. Too much to do!

Iger announced he would PULL OUT of the president's advisory group after the US announcement to withdraw from the Paris Accord. The reason for the withdrawal was clearly stated. Not saying this is good or bad, just the reason.
I agree that HoP should just be founding fathers. They can't use modern president's voiced without family permission and I imagine that is a pain, so just stay historical. Just as long as they leave that wonderful narration......sooooo soothing.

Iger announced he would PULL OUT of the president's advisory group after the US announcement to withdraw from the Paris Accord. The reason for the withdrawal was clearly stated. Not saying this is good or bad, just the reason.
I agree that HoP should just be founding fathers. They can't use modern president's voiced without family permission and I imagine that is a pain, so just stay historical. Just as long as they leave that wonderful narration......sooooo soothing.
We also do NOT plan to visit if the current president is speaking. Just can't. My kids have already told me they won't either. Also, just our opinion, but this is out token to keeping politically less stressed.

We also do NOT plan to visit if the current president is speaking. Just can't. My kids have already told me they won't either. Also, just our opinion, but this is out token to keeping politically less stressed.
I get it. I haven't been in the last 8 years, for the same reason.

Maybe that is why I want to see the newest addition and have him speak.

I don't want to have to close this thread. Please discuss the attraction itself and not the current president or political nature of past presidents.

I'd actually prefer it that way. Y'all have stated multiple times to keep it on point, yet many still want to state views of why they will or won't go see it, which recent presidents should or shouldn't have a speaking role, etc.

I will see it no matter what. Reality can stink sometimes but it is still a worthwhile attraction.

Oh no! I've never done HoP but wanted to after watching DIS videos and seeing how recommended it was to catch. (Never really seemed like a must-do in all of my previous visits)

I'm bummed we won't be able to see it next Month during our trip.

I'd actually prefer it that way. Y'all have stated multiple times to keep it on point, yet many still want to state views of why they will or won't go see it, which recent presidents should or shouldn't have a speaking role, etc.
For real. I got points for a very benign statement in this thread, yet shake my head at what other people are saying after we've been warned multiple times

I hope President Trump speaks as the other recent President have. I will certainly go to the Hall Of Presidents in September. I have always enjoyed the attraction no matter who the President was.

For real. I got points for a very benign statement in this thread, yet shake my head at what other people are saying after we've been warned multiple times
My goal isn't to close threads. I want them open for discussion. HoP threads always are very borderline as it is.

So what's the latest status on HoP? According to the latest official word, do we have a date before which it will most likely not open? Has Disney given any reason why that date might have changed? I lost track in the flurry of politics (and my own mentions of certain not-to-be-mentioned groups of people who used to live in Orlando).

So what's the latest status on HoP? According to the latest official word, do we have a date before which it will most likely not open? Has Disney given any reason why that date might have changed? I lost track in the flurry of politics (and my own mentions of certain not-to-be-mentioned groups of people who used to live in Orlando).
Disney has said late June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter