Halloween and Disney World or How I Wrote My First Trip Report

Terri

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

I've been reading the DIS boards since before our last trip in 2005. I've always enjoyed reading everyone else's trip reports, so decided to give it a try myself.
Here are the lead players:

Me: As a five year old my life’s ambition was to be a rodeo princess and finally this summer I got the next best thing – a photo with a rodeo princess! I grew up on the west coast and have been to Disneyland a number of times. My first trip to WDW was the day after Christmas in 1987, the same year my husband and I moved to east coast. We have gone on 2 more family trips – one in 1998 and the other 2005.

My Husband David:

Daughters: Katie – 5 on our last trip

Libby – 2 on our last trip

and our host daughter Nadya from Indonesia shown with our daughters now.

This is Nadya’s first trip to any Disney park! Our older sons will not be included on this trip. They’ve been twice and are busy being married or attending college. =D

Other players I expect that will be in the trip report: My sister Lisa, her husband Jim, and their children Tyler, Jack, Chris, and Grace.

For the past couple of years, Lisa and I have both been saying we really need to get our families to WDW since kids keep growing older in spite of parental commitments. This spring after being tempted my Orlando hotel groupons, I heard that WDW would be offering free dining in the fall. After researching options, one Friday evening David and I took the plunge and booked our trip. The following Saturday my sister and I were talking on the phone and we had a conversation that went something like this

“Guess what I did last night?”
“What?”
“I booked a trip to Disney World!”
“Guess what I did last night?”
“What?”
“I booked a trip to Disney World!”
“Really?! When did you book your trip?”
“October 24 – 29”
“You’re kidding! We are going to be there October 26 – November 1!”

Exclamations and excited noises ensued. Since then we’ve booked HDD, Akershus Princess Dinner, and MNSSHP together.

We’re a few days out. Cross body bags have been purchased; autograph books have been created, and a Belle costume has been sewn. Katie and I are disagreeing about footwear as I don’t think faux Ugg boots are appropriate shoes for a WDW trip. Alas, that argument will need to be settled by David as I need to go on a business trip starting tonight through Thursday. Friday is D (rive) Day as soon as David can get out of work.:cheer2:

:confused3 Hmmm.... In spite of reading the FAQs I seem to have messed up inserting photos. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Update: I used Photobucket instead of Flickr and had much better success getting the photos to show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter