Halloween Horror Nights!! R U Goin???

Calgary DISHeads said:
hi every one i m twelve years old i m pumped about halloween horror nights any suggestions PS I LEAVE IN TWO DAYS SO HURRY
Hello,
I'm a mom, and I have 12 & 13 year old daughters. I won't bring them to HHN's until they're about 16. Why? Because they think they can handle it, but I've seen lots of kids at HHN's and judging from their reactions, I know they can't. I don't think I saw any kids in the park after 10:00. I'm guessing because they couldn't handle it anymore and their parents had to leave because of it.

When me and my husband go to HHN"s it's a night out for adults. The party is geared towards adults, and it is upsetting to me and other people at the party to see little kids there, especially when they're walking around all scared.
Sometimes the screams coming from the little kids totally ruin the atmosphere. The little kids, after being in the park for a couple of hours, and Especially after it gets dark, "Horror Overload", can't handle the scene anymore and they just start screaming and crying. You're still young enough for the Neverland Club over at Disney's Polynesian; that's where the girls liked to go when we went to HHN's but my 13 y.o. is too old to go this year.

If it seems I'm aggravated with your parents for taking you, you're right.
I was a kid who was exposed to A Lot growing up in The Bronx and one thing I am angry with my parents for, still to this day: I never had a childhood. I was forced to be an Adult and do Adult things when I was your age, and younger.
This is something to be experienced when you're a little older, not when you're 12.

I think your parents should drop you off at one of the many kids clubs located around both Universal or Disney, at the hotels.
If they decide not to, bring an extra pair of underwear because you'll never be scared like you're gonna be scared at HHN's.
Have fun

Corryn said:
If it seems I'm aggravated with your parents for taking you, you're right.
I was a kid who was exposed to A Lot growing up in The Bronx and one thing I am angry with my parents for, still to this day: I never had a childhood. I was forced to be an Adult and do Adult things when I was your age, and younger.
This is something to be experienced when you're a little older, not when you're 12.
Wow! That was a little harsh. The OP didn't ask to be condemned for something he/she is obviously excited about and a decision their family made. I'm sorry that you were asked to be an adult before your time, but I don't see where that has anything to do with the OP and them going to HHN. Maybe your girls are not ready to handle HHN, but that doesn't make every 12 or 13 year old not ready. Personally, I love horror flicks/haunted houses and have since I was a child. If you don't know the person, how can you make a judgement call as to whether or not he/she is ready. I can understand the annoyance of crying children. It does ruin the atmosphere. Personally, I would like for HHN to be 18 and older. Until that happens, we'll just have to hope and pray that parents make the best call as to whether or not their children can handle it.

our 13 year old daughter and friends are joining us for Howl-O-Scream tomorrow night. HHN will be next in the rotation.

please feel free to call DCFS on us, we're horrible parents.

Yeah, I know I was a little harsh, but I really do not like hearing little kids scream their lungs out because they are so afraid....I still have the picture in my minds eye of a little girl, around 11 or 12, cowering on the floor screaming like she was about to die. There were other kids crying their eyes out, too. As a woman with no kids, I wouldn't care, but now that I'm a mother, it pisses me off to see something like that.

Hey, you want to take your kid, go ahead; I'm not one to call the state in on anyone's family, and I certainly wouldn't call over a halloween party. :sad2:

grumpymakesmehappy said:
Wow! That was a little harsh. The OP didn't ask to be condemned for something he/she is obviously excited about and a decision their family made. I'm sorry that you were asked to be an adult before your time, but I don't see where that has anything to do with the OP and them going to HHN. Maybe your girls are not ready to handle HHN, but that doesn't make every 12 or 13 year old not ready. Personally, I love horror flicks/haunted houses and have since I was a child. If you don't know the person, how can you make a judgement call as to whether or not he/she is ready. I can understand the annoyance of crying children. It does ruin the atmosphere. Personally, I would like for HHN to be 18 and older. Until that happens, we'll just have to hope and pray that parents make the best call as to whether or not their children can handle it.

I totally agree with you. I saw last night several children who were just having a blast because they know this stuff is just for fun and that there are regular people behind all that mask and makeup. It all just depends on the child and how they perceive things. I think that it should be up 50/50 to the child and parents. If the child thinks they can handle it and can watch horror movies without having nightmares and whatnot then yeah take em, but if they can't even handle the Black Cauldron from Disney then that might be a sign that you prolly shouldn't take them to HHN or Howl-O-Scream until they mature more. :cool1:

Corryn said:
Yeah, I know I was a little harsh, but I really do not like hearing little kids scream their lungs out because they are so afraid....I still have the picture in my minds eye of a little girl, around 11 or 12, cowering on the floor screaming like she was about to die. There were other kids crying their eyes out, too. As a woman with no kids, I wouldn't care, but now that I'm a mother, it pisses me off to see something like that.

Hey, you want to take your kid, go ahead; I'm not one to call the state in on anyone's family, and I certainly wouldn't call over a halloween party. :sad2:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of what they think are right and wrong. It's just that not everyone wants to hear what the other has to say. :sunny:

Amity 3 said:
our 13 year old daughter and friends are joining us for Howl-O-Scream tomorrow night. HHN will be next in the rotation.

please feel free to call DCFS on us, we're horrible parents.
You said it, not us. :goodvibes
And at HOS, I know this is a dead horse, my 16 yr old sister passed out from an asthma attack induced by an anxiety attack. A problem we didnt know she had. We left the park at 8 by ambulance. So if you saw a big crowd by the zombie scarezone with a girl laying on the ground just before 8, then paramedics being rushed to the seen...that was us! Just goes to show you that every kid is different, you just have to know yours.
Oh, and IOACentral Radio will be podcasting live from the park on Oct. 15th.

yaytezIOA said:
You said it, not us. :goodvibes
And at HOS, I know this is a dead horse, my 16 yr old sister passed out from an asthma attack induced by an anxiety attack. A problem we didnt know she had. We left the park at 8 by ambulance. So if you saw a big crowd by the zombie scarezone with a girl laying on the ground just before 8, then paramedics being rushed to the seen...that was us! Just goes to show you that every kid is different, you just have to know yours.
Oh, and IOACentral Radio will be podcasting live from the park on Oct. 15th.

Sorry to hear about your sis Yaytez, that sucks when things have to happen when you are just trying to have some fun. I hope she is gonna be okay! :)

i will be going 10/15 and it is my first time :guilty:

and it sux cause i dont kno what to expect!
but i have heard some things and im getting the express pass cause i want to go to all the places i can! and im stayign at the Portifino, its also a sunday so im hopeing that it wont be too crowded. :scared: :eek:

i dont want to see scary clowns either! :clown:

TeenPixie said:
i will be going 10/15 and it is my first time :guilty:

and it sux cause i dont kno what to expect!
but i have heard some things and im getting the express pass cause i want to go to all the places i can! and im stayign at the Portifino, its also a sunday so im hopeing that it wont be too crowded. :scared: :eek:

i dont want to see scary clowns either! :clown:

Sorry to say it but you are going to the wrong event for scary clowns, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter