Hand Luggage and Virgin

signtalker

"in House" Disney Cast Member
What is the state of play now regarding hand luggage after september 11th
we are flying with Virgin next may, and need to have certain things to hand for DS
anybody flown with them lately that can give an update of what they are letting you
take on the flight in terms of hand luggage.

Jules

Hi Jules,
Nothing to worry about. They weigh the hand luggage at check in but now Twilight check-in is back that will be a useless thing to do. They still won't let you have sharp items like scissors (I suspect that might become permanent now) but other than that they are back to being quite easy going, Regards, Carol
:)

What is the weight limit for hand luggage with Virgin? It seems to vary a lot between airlines.
Thanks

DB

The silly thing is if your over the limit ( as we always are :) ) they give you a very nice black Virgin bag to split your contents into. We have several of them now.

Originally posted by keith&carol
They still won't let you have sharp items like scissors (I suspect that might become permanent now) but other than that they are back to being quite easy going, Regards, Carol
:)

do they allow scissors to be packed in the suitcases?

yes - all sharps are ok in checked luggage - this was discussed on a scrapbooking website recently, as scrappers travelling to conventions etc all carry scissors, knives, paper trimmers. They are fine in your suitcase, but you cannot take them in your hand-luggage - they will be confiscated.

Bev

i only asked because my girlfriend's bro's fiance needs them for medical reasons and may need to have them in the plane

I would think if he really can't be without them, he should perhaps contact the Airline & either make special arrangements to lodge them with the cabin crew for the duration of the flight or establish if they are available for use through the aircraft's first aid supplies. The one thing that would be silly IMHO is to try to smuggle them on-board & hope to get away with it. There must be some system in place because diabetic passengers would need insulin syringes.
Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter