Hanging up my running shoes

Woohoo for staying at the Poly!! :cool1:

I used her too! The rates were very good and I was so tempted to do the Poly but we are going to try the Contemporary this time.

And your avatar totally threw me, I was like who is posting this on ZellyB's journal?!

My plan was totally to do Contemporary, but when she said she also had Poly, I couldn't resist. I'm stupidly excited. Glad you were able to use her too. I saw you had posted that on maybe the Marathon thread.

YAY for the Poly! SO happy you were able to reserve your hotel of choice... and that pool! :dance3:

And you are completely right about changing your avatar.. thanks :upsidedow

Have a great week of training and give that sweet Rosie a squeeze for me... She is precious! :love:

My evil plan to throw everyone off is going splendidly.
giphy.gif

Rosie will happily accept extra squeezes. :grouphug:

If I ever take a second honeymoon I just gotta stay at the Poly...one day!

I've been having the same "hard to get back to the normal routine" thingy post-Tink too. In fact I thought about not even doing a Monday update because it would just be an excuse fest. But so glad you did update us because POLY & PUPPY! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loving the new avatar! I was reading @roxymama's TR and noticed the change---awesome!

And Rosie--how cute is she!

Precious, right? :love:

Hurray for a stay at the Poly!!

:banana:

POLY AND PUPPY!! I am so jealous! :faint:

Life is grand right now! :D

If I ever take a second honeymoon I just gotta stay at the Poly...one day!

I've been having the same "hard to get back to the normal routine" thingy post-Tink too. In fact I thought about not even doing a Monday update because it would just be an excuse fest. But so glad you did update us because POLY & PUPPY! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The struggle is REAL right now. I'm sure it will get better though. Right?

And :jumping1: for Poly and Puppy!

And look!! New ticker!!

Puppy!

Poly res is very exciting. We're currently waitlisted there as one of our options (my friend, the DVC owner was hesitant to use all her points) BUT if we get in I look forward to that pool. I don't care what temperature it is out. I haven't stayed at Poly before and I must get in that pool.

I'm so excited for Dopey and your avatar will make me think about it more often for the next seven months.

I'm so jealous! We stopped at the Poly for lunch while we were at WDW last week and loved the theming. You'll have so much fun! That said, I love the Contemporary. I'll have to figure out who this agent is so that I can see what the rates are at both places - still secretly hoping that 2018
Half is in the cards.

Puppy!

Poly res is very exciting. We're currently waitlisted there as one of our options (my friend, the DVC owner was hesitant to use all her points) BUT if we get in I look forward to that pool. I don't care what temperature it is out. I haven't stayed at Poly before and I must get in that pool.

I'm so excited for Dopey and your avatar will make me think about it more often for the next seven months.

I had originally hoped to do DVC at Poly, but it filled up almost immediately before I could find an owner with rental points. It's a splurge, but I figure Dopey weekend is the time to splurge.

Woohoo for Poly!! I used the same TA and am booked for Beach Club. Excited!

I think that TA is getting a lot of business from these boards.

I'm so jealous! We stopped at the Poly for lunch while we were at WDW last week and loved the theming. You'll have so much fun! That said, I love the Contemporary. I'll have to figure out who this agent is so that I can see what the rates are at both places - still secretly hoping that 2018
Half is in the cards.

She had even better rates for Contemporary. I'll drop you a PM with the info just in case.

I had originally hoped to do DVC at Poly, but it filled up almost immediately before I could find an owner with rental points. It's a splurge, but I figure Dopey weekend is the time to splurge.
Definitely! Especially for the pool after a tough run!

Yay for Poly!!! That sounds like the perfect place for a couples Dopey trip: romantic, fun, and great location! I'll be slumming it in an off-site condo for marathon weekend :laughing: (I'm really just ecstatic I'm going!)

Rosie is too adorable. Feel free to post pictures of here on here often!! ::yes::

I have no life, so I just read through all 47 pages of your journal (okay, fine, I skimmed some of the early "should we or shouldn't we" Tink stuff because I knew how that ended). Too much old stuff for me to comment on, so I'm just going to comment on the latest update...

I'm super excited that you guys got Poly!! I think that's my favorite resort that I've never stayed at. I think it will be the perfect hotel for your Dopey adventure!

Also, Rosie is adorable.

Yay for Poly!!! That sounds like the perfect place for a couples Dopey trip: romantic, fun, and great location! I'll be slumming it in an off-site condo for marathon weekend :laughing: (I'm really just ecstatic I'm going!)

Rosie is too adorable. Feel free to post pictures of here on here often!! ::yes::

I just listed to a Dis podcast the other day about best couples resorts at Disney and Poly was number 1. YAY! We've stayed in off-site condos on a couple of marathon weekend trips before. There are loads of benefits to them.

I have no life, so I just read through all 47 pages of your journal (okay, fine, I skimmed some of the early "should we or shouldn't we" Tink stuff because I knew how that ended). Too much old stuff for me to comment on, so I'm just going to comment on the latest update...

I'm super excited that you guys got Poly!! I think that's my favorite resort that I've never stayed at. I think it will be the perfect hotel for your Dopey adventure!

Also, Rosie is adorable.

LOL. I'm glad you skimmed because there's a lot of old boring stuff in here for sure. I can't believe we are going to stay at Poly. I can't wait! Thanks for joining in.

Also, Rosie is adorable.

For old times sake:
:tinker:

Why can’t I live some place flat?

giphy.gif

6/4/17 – 6/10/17

Bonus: Home ownership is NOT fun

deferredmaintancehouse.jpg

OK, trying to get myself back into training journal groove. As I shared, it’s been really difficult for me to get myself out of a running funk since completing Tinkerbell, but last week was a good start to it and this week I’m planning to fully get myself in the groove again.

giphy.gif

In regards to our low carbing it, I’m officially down 15 lbs from when we started 3 months ago!! I’d still like to peel off 5-6 more, but I’m also not so unhappy with where I am. We are going to continue watching carbs, but allow ourselves some treats now and then, so I’ll probably stop journaling my carb/calorie and weight loss unless or until things start to reverse.

giphy.gif

Sunday 6/4 – I’d call this a rest day, except I spent the entire day (after spending all day Saturday) powerwashing our deck in preparation for staining. NOT a fun day!!

Monday 6/5 – Should have been a strength day, but I was wiped out from my marathon powerwashing session.

Tuesday 6/6 – We made the decision to move up to 5 miles for our maintenance runs rather than 4. I really want this marathon in November and our subsequent Dopey runs to be successful and I think the only way to ensure that is to get more miles under us in preparation. 2:00/:30 interval with a pace of 11:02.

Wednesday 6/7 – Bagged on strength again.

images

Thursday 6/8 – 5 mile run again with 2:00/:30 intervals. 10:51 pace. A little slow at the start, but we finished strong. This is the elevation chart for our maintenance runs. I really miss those flat areas in Anaheim!

IMG_4174_zpskwcrssrr.png

Friday 6/9 – Rest day

Saturday 6/10 – Galloway group long run. 7.5 miles with our :90/:30 intervals. Overall pace of 10:58. We did take 2 extra walk breaks for water stops, so moving pace was closer to 10:45 or so. It was a good group run, but again with the hills!

IMG_4182_zpsdteuqgjp.png

There is just no place flat around here.

Saturday also marked the day we started staining our deck. What an exhausting task! But, it’s looking good!!

IMG_4181_zpscw3qcwso.jpg

IMG_4179_zpsdpq2lskx.jpg

We did manage to sneak in some pool and hot tub time though later in the day. :D

So, for this week, plan is to get back on the wagon with strength training and yoga again and also to add in some track work on Mondays after an abbreviated strength workout. We were successful with that today. YAY!!

giphy.gif

We are doing some track work that Galloway recommends that includes cadence drills, what he calls acceleration gliders (which is basically practicing smooth transitions between run/walk intervals) and then pace specific 400 or 800 meter runs. So, not a tempo run which I erroneously called it on my spreadsheet, but I guess just pacing or speed work? I don’t know all these fancy training terms really. :D

v7N5_f-maxage-0.gif

Today was 4 cadence drills (CD), 4 acceleration gliders (acg) and 8x400 at 10k pace. Now, I’m not so good with figuring out paces trying to use Galloway’s magic mile calculations, so we worked backwards from a goal to hit a 2:15 half (POT for Dopey) for this fall and sub 5:00 for our local marathon in November. We ran at a 9:00 mile for our 400m segments. I have no idea if that’s what we should be doing, but I guess we will figure that out as we go along. We ended up with all of that hitting 3 miles overall. We plan to stick with 5 mile maintenance runs for the rest of June and then bump them up to 6 mile runs in July.

Feeling pretty energized again about training and excited to be working toward new goals.

tumblr_ls277csaxw1qhigt0o1_500.gif

Saturday also marked the day we started staining our deck. What an exhausting task! But, it’s looking good!!

It's beautiful!

Today was 4 cadence drills (CD), 4 acceleration gliders (acg) and 8x400 at 10k pace. Now, I’m not so good with figuring out paces trying to use Galloway’s magic mile calculations, so we worked backwards from a goal to hit a 2:15 half (POT for Dopey) for this fall and sub 5:00 for our local marathon in November. We ran at a 9:00 mile for our 400m segments. I have no idea if that’s what we should be doing, but I guess we will figure that out as we go along. We ended up with all of that hitting 3 miles overall. We plan to stick with 5 mile maintenance runs for the rest of June and then bump them up to 6 mile runs in July.

This is what I come up with for 10k pacing based on a 2:15 HM:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 3.40.10 PM.png

So 10k would be 9:49 min/mile (or 2:27 minutes in duration for 400m). Are you also walking during these? That might explain the discrepancy I get from 9:49 to your 9 min/mile.

Feeling pretty energized again about training and excited to be working toward new goals.

Woot Woot!

:woohoo:

It's beautiful!

Thanks!

This is what I come up with for 10k pacing based on a 2:15 HM:

View attachment 243937

So 10k would be 9:49 min/mile (or 2:27 minutes in duration for 400m). Are you also walking during these? That might explain the discrepancy I get from 9:49 to your 9 min/mile.

So, see this is my problem when I try to figure out what to do with Galloway stuff and when he talks pace. He doesn't always clearly define if that pace is with or without walk breaks. So, we are running the 400m without any walking at all and then we walk 30 seconds in between the 400m segments. So, it was taking us right at 2:15 for a 400m. So, what do you think? Is that an appropriate 10K pace if we were shooting for a 2:15 half marathon keeping in mind that I haven't actually RUN a 10K at that pace and not sure I could because if we were running a full 10k we would be taking walk breaks. See why I get confused?

I like the idea of the 5mile maintenance runs! Also, you are actually blessed to have the rolling hills-they are just making you a stronger runner ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter