Happily ever after dessert party’s

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of booking a post show desert party for happily ever after. ive not seen this show in person before so thought it would be a fun thing to do.However I am unsure about doing this solo and thinking it might be a bit awkward. If you’ve done the same do you get a table to your self or are you seated with others And if so how did you find the experience as a whole? I was unsure to do pre or post but have heard you’re rushed a bit with the pre show.

TYIA!

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of booking a post show desert party for happily ever after. ive not seen this show in person before so thought it would be a fun thing to do.However I am unsure about doing this solo and thinking it might be a bit awkward. If you’ve done the same do you get a table to your self or are you seated with others And if so how did you find the experience as a whole? I was unsure to do pre or post but have heard you’re rushed a bit with the pre show.

TYIA!
I did a pre-fireworks dessert party sometime before covid, during MNSSHP. Yes, had a table to myself. Nope, didn't feel at all rushed, plenty of time for a couple of trips to the goodies. Good viewing space in the garden area. Over the years I have gotten better at doing more things like this solo, I enjoyed the experience.

I did the seated party "Seats and Sweets" this summer solo. It was great! Nothing like a castle view table sipping Prosecco while watching the fireworks. :)

I’ve done the party solo twice. Once for MNSSHP and once to catch happily ever after. MNSSHP was a preshow seating and HEA was an after show seating. Both times I had a small table to myself and felt comfortable going up, getting my snacks, and returning to my table. I enjoyed an excellent view of the fireworks stationed at the back fence in the viewing area

I've done the dessert party before and it was great - highly recommend! It's nice to have your own area afterwards too so you can watch the fireworks full view

I would suggest doing the after party if it is a night with extended hours for deluxe guests. If you are a deluxe resort guest, that is🙂

Reactions: rlk
My wife, 5YO and I just did the post-Happily Ever After dessert party in early February. A few thoughts --

1. It won't be awkward at all! After you check-in, esp. if you do so early, people come and go from the green area in front of the castle right up until the show. There was ample space, and if you feel like you want to head to perimeter and out of the way, still a great view for adults. No one will think twice regardless :)

2. After the show, the setup is quite expansive, lots of tables and chairs, and again, don't think it would come across odd at all. Most people have had a hectic day, just seen the show, and are fully focused on their desserts. You would get a table to yourself - seemed like every "party" had its own table with a unique number.

3. Overall, loved it for my kiddo's first ever viewing. Desserts were good (not phenomenal), but I did enjoy the bar and ability to unwind with a few drinks too.

We've done the dessert pre-party a few times.

We like having the dedicated area to watch the fireworks. I want to have a good view and HATE dealing with the crowd to get one.

Disney signature restaurants do a great job with desserts, their mass produced 'party' desserts, not so much.

I end up eating a few chunks of cheese, a bite of a couple desserts, maybe a glass of their pre-poured beers.

You get a dedicated table for your group, or yourself, and have plenty of time to take advantage of the desserts.

I just know if we bought the post-party after the fireworks I'd just leave, so, I kind of have to stick to the pre.

Hi everyone,

TYIA!
Hi!!! I am happy to share my experience at the post show, I did it on July 4th last year. So, as you might expect with a holiday centered around fireworks that this dessert party was hectic. The line to the dessert party was lost in the sea of people leaving, but as I said this wasn't a normal Disney night. However, the crew was super energetic to get everyone in and having a great time nonetheless. When we got inside you get a dedicated table, but there's so much happening and a lot of stations to peruse, I doubt anyone would care if you don't.

Enjoy the show and the sweets!

I would suggest doing the after party if it is a night with extended hours for deluxe guests. If you are a deluxe resort guest, that is🙂
Why do you prefer the after party on a night with eeh?
Asking because we were thinking of the pre-party on an eeh night so we would have more time after fireworks to enjoy rides with short waits.
I’m interested in your take for why you think the after-party would be better?
We have time to decide, not going til September, but it’s fun to plan.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Why do you prefer the after party on a night with eeh?
Asking because we were thinking of the pre-party on an eeh night so we would have more time after fireworks to enjoy rides with short waits.
I’m interested in your take for why you think the after-party would be better?
We have time to decide, not going til September, but it’s fun to plan.
Thanks for your thoughts!
The night we went, the fireworks were at nine and the park was open until 10. So 930 to 10 o’clock is when all the day guests were running and getting in line for their final ride of the night therefore making the lines longer. So we just chilled and had our treats during that time and when we were done, we went and got in line for rides. At that point the extra evening hours had started, and the lines were shorter.

I was overruled for our trip coming up in May and we are doing Seats and Treats instead. I just don’t think the view from the terrace is as good☹️

That makes sense jillt2ph.
And I agree about Seats and treats, the views of the projections on the castle are so disappointing!

The night we went, the fireworks were at nine and the park was open until 10. So 930 to 10 o’clock is when all the day guests were running and getting in line for their final ride of the night therefore making the lines longer. So we just chilled and had our treats during that time and when we were done, we went and got in line for rides. At that point the extra evening hours had started, and the lines were shorter.

I was overruled for our trip coming up in May and we are doing Seats and Treats instead. I just don’t think the view from the terrace is as good☹️

This is actually a great idea that didn't occur to me. I started doing the after party just to wait out the hordes rushing to transportation (we typically get something from the Confectionary and hang back for a little while after fireworks anyway), but we may have to look at doing it for EEH night next time.

A bummer about getting stuck with Seats and Treats though.

I second this suggestion.
We did the after party on an extended hours MK night. We enjoyed snacks and drinks while the crowds thinned and then had the ext two hours to enjoy a quieter MK.

Hi everyone,

TYIA!
My family has done the post desserts party. Plenty of seating. You’ll definitely be able to have table to yourself. We really enjoyed it because we had a great view of the fireworks and then didn’t have to fight the rush to leave the parks at the end of the day. Definitely was a treat to end our magical day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter