• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hard Rock Resort w/Kids

Candice30

World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.
Attention: users who have been to HRH.

I am planning a trip for june of 2004 and had a few questions.

1. does the hotel offer transportation to sea world? cost?

2. does the hotel offer transportation to/from the airport? cost?

3. do the hotels provide life vests for kids for use at the pool like disney hotels do? cost?

4. what is the dining like with kids? my niece will be 11 and my nephew will be 7. they are both picky eaters and i don't want to spend my entire budget on food. what options are there if you do not have a rental car?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Candice30
Attention: users who have been to HRH.

I am planning a trip for june of 2004 and had a few questions.

1. does the hotel offer transportation to sea world? cost?
Yes and its free! Check at concierge for the schedule.

2. does the hotel offer transportation to/from the airport? cost?
I'm unsure, I dont think they do but they might. We take a limo service and its about $90.00 Roundtrip with tips.

3. do the hotels provide life vests for kids for use at the pool like disney hotels do? cost? Yes they do...Free!

4. what is the dining like with kids? my niece will be 11 and my nephew will be 7. they are both picky eaters and i don't want to spend my entire budget on food. what options are there if you do not have a rental car?
Almost all if not ALL offer a kids menu with items like Grilled cheese and PB&J or pizza, chicken fingers fries. Very reasonable as well. Eat at the hotels or CityWalk you have many options for dining!

Thanks!

City Walk has a lot of good food options - Pastamores even has breakfast (full breakfast) that was under $10.00 per person (something like $7.95 - kids were less and they got the same amt. as the adults). Its' in their "open market area" for breakfast - there are only a few tables, and some are outside under umbrellas but the cost beat the $14.00 per person at the hard rock (about)for breakfast buffet.

Tip: make coffee in your room - down stairs it was something like $2.75 a cup.

For airport I always use Happy Limousine (towncars and limos) - drivers are great, ontime and polite, cars are new and very nice - there is also a coupon with booking code OTP1277 ($5.00 off town car or van, $10.00 off limo - round trip - put code in referred by box of online booking form or mention when you call).
http://www.happylimo.com/ - you can also do Mears but they charge per person and you have to wait for the bus, and wait while they drop off at other hotels, etc.... - towncar might even be cheaper with 4 people.

My son is a VERY PICKY eater adn we had no problems finding food for him at every restaurant that we dined at. They all have children's menus.

The hotel does have a free shuttle to Sea World - it has three departure times and three pick up times.

It does not provide transportation to/from the airport.

The do have life vests for the the kids at the top of the slide - these are free. My daughter used it to go down the slide and then just kept it on while swimming.

We ate one night at the Sunset Grille and it was ok - they had chicken fingers and that kind of stuff for picky eaters. City Walk will have anything they want also - you will be fine without a car.

Enjoy your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter