Hard Rock Review 3/1-3/9

Mainebound

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We had a great first stay at the Hard Rock. We had connecting garden view rooms on floor 2. How lovely, with the rounded window and gardens outside! Great decor. Very restful and spacious. Beds could be bigger (didn't realize they were full size).

Housekeeping was a problem. Had to get them back in to clean smeared ink all over a table left by previous guest. On another day we returned to the room in the afternoon to find their key in door, door ajar, no employee in the room, or anywhere in sight. Also, to have only one small trash can in a room with two little ones is not convenient.

We also had to call security at 1:00am thanks to a drunk guy across the hall who forgot his key and decided to kick his door for 10 straight minutes trying to wake up his roommate. They sent up two big guys within minutes.

Service was great, although the employees sometimes seemed a bit young and inexperienced. Had to hound them for our welcome amenity (got it on our last day). Then we learned that you have to ask for the newspaper each day -- you don't automatically get it. They sent up bell services an hour early, etc.

It sounds like I'm complaining, but actually we fell in love with this hotel and are already planning to return next year. We had great food at the Palm and Kitchen. Great room service. Loved having the Starbucks and ice cream downstairs. LOVED the pool area. LOVED the access to the parks and City Walk. LOVED walking around looking at memorabilia. LOVED the music, the happy relaxed exciting atmosphere. We checked out the Little Rock kids club (did not use it) and it looked great. The grounds are gorgeous. The walk to City Walk is just so peaceful and beautiful.

While we loved it with our boys, ages 2 and 4, and will definitely be back, in my view kids ages 8 and up would ESPECIALLY love it and could most appreciate all it has to offer.

Thanks for sharing its good to know security responded quickly
:jester:

What kind of room did you stay in? Our beds have always been queen beds and I thought they only had king rooms and double queen rooms (or the kids' suite with the twin beds).

I don't know what kind of rate that you received but unless you booked rack rate, AAA rate, or another published rate (not passholders or entertainment or Hotel Kingdom) you aren't entitled to the Loews First welcome gift. Perhaps that is why they weren't sending it. When you call for reservations, they say that unless you book using one of their rates you are not entitled to any of the perks from Loews First (although some people do still get them).

Sounds like you did have a lot of fun though!

I really wish that I could find a discounted rate for HRH. It sounds so nice and I think it would be my first choice.

Thanks for the review.

Are you sure about the bed size? My notes say that there are 2 queen beds in a room.

T&B

Great report. Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Would love to know how you liked The Kitchen. What type of food did they have? What are the prices like?

About the welcome amenity -- oops! We are Loews First, but we booked via Hotel Kingdom. Guess we weren't entitled to it then?

About the beds -- I assumed they were full because they were definitely smaller than the Swan beds which were queen. Also they were definitely smaller than our queen bed at home. Maybe the Swan beds were unusually large queens?

About the Kitchen -- our experiences were a bit mixed, but positive overall. We ate breakfast (2), lunch (2) and dinner (1) there. Dinner was the best, lunches were very good, and breakfast was either ok or good. Service varied. You can read a little more about it in my report on the Restaurant board.

We are already planning our return!

That's probably why you didn't get your gift or the paper. That's so weird about the beds though. I do think that they are standard queen beds but maybe the room size or something made them feel smaller?

Did you have the white duvet covers or green bedspreads?

I'm always planning our return.:p

Originally posted by damo
Did you have the white duvet covers or green bedspreads?

I'm always planning our return.:p

We had the green. I know people prefer the white, but I liked the green. The room was so restful. The neutral colors and soft tones were just what we needed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter