HARMONIOUS SEPTEMBER 29, 2021

I asked a page back or so, about the viewing angle from a fireworks cruise. After seeing some pictures of Harmonious, it looks as though the barges wouldn't have a good view of the projections at all. I will continue to try and investigate this a bit more, but sure won't be booking a fireworks cruise if I'm not able to see it from the side.
We have done several fireworks cruises for Illuminations. The boats are tethered under the bridge between International Gateway and France. Having only watched the livestream, there is no direct sight angle to the center projections. Hoping someone can give you current feedback, but I personally would not pay the $ unless you want the “experience “ vs the view

I watched Disney's live stream last night and Craig's video version this morning at
. Here's what I think so far:

• I'd be willing to go see this in person ONE time in its current form. But it's not going to be a repeat for me.
  • I feel like this show would have fit better overall at MK than at Epcot.
  • It also felt like each of the countries in the international section of Epcot were represented in this show as Disney caricatures. I mean...all of the UK is summed up in the characters from Brave?
  • Maybe I missed it but where was the ode to Canada?
  • Out of all American music, they chose Princess & the Frog? I love the music from that movie, but holy cow, they could have expanded the repertoire a little bit.
  • And of the entire huge nation of China, all they could come up with was music from Mulan?
  • How come Japan didn't get its own musical section?
  • And don't get me started on Africa...with that huge continent with all of its various rich cultures from so many nations and peoples, the best that Disney & Epcot can do is represent Africa as the Lion King?
  • It felt more like a Disney princess water show.
  • There wasn't any story line.
  • World of Color at Disneyland is better.
I get where they were probably intending to go with this...using music as a theme as being something that can bring people together from all different nations. They should have had Richard Sherman consult on this project or something. The show needs some sort of song or set of songs that unifies everything together more. Instead, what we ended up with was a mish mash of Disney princess songs stuck together.

It was...meh, ok, fine. But it didn't leave me thinking, "OMG, WOW!" I expected more than that.
Not sure if Richard Sherman is composing anymore, but Lin Manuel-Miranda, Opetaia Foa’i and Mark Mancina could have written a killer original score. But that would have cost more $$$. So definitely out

wow.
The amount of entitled and spoiled WDW "fans" never ceases to amaze me.

I think the livestream last night was a not particularly well produced. In other videos I've watched today, I have seen a remarkable and at times even sublime, MASSIVE spectacle thematically unifying the human race using IP music that identifies with a country or region that has been re-recorded with multiple languages and musical expressions.
The fireworks were overwhelming, the water and projections were ground breaking, and the entire production was a marvel.
My only complaint is the ending may need some clarity.

This is not Illuminations, nor was it meant to be.

I like it.
Your opinion may vary.

I didn’t know the Disney PR person posted here!

just finished watching the Dis version vs the Disney parks version. While the Dis version was much better, still a meh at best.

Craig as always done a terrific job. But as he pointed out there are only two vantage points(possibly 3) where you get the full effect which is a wildly thoughtless inept mistake in the part of the creators. There wasn't one person who pointed out this is a really really bad idea? Or did everyone else say 'tough cookies?'

I still miss Wishes. There was something indefinably moving about it as opposed to the more crass hard hitting cloying Happily Ever After. Looks like I'm going to feel the same about Illuminations as opposed to the much slicker expensive Harmonius. It makes up in spectacle what it lacks in imagination, thought and feeling.

We have done several fireworks cruises for Illuminations. The boats are tethered under the bridge between International Gateway and France. Having only watched the livestream, there is no direct sight angle to the center projections. Hoping someone can give you current feedback, but I personally would not pay the $ unless you want the “experience “ vs the view

Thank you for your post. I have done a couple of cruises as well. That's what makes me think the view won't be very good.

I wasn't going to watch it - I know it's a whole different feel to actually be there in the energy of the parks and all and I especially haven't enjoyed any of the live streams Disney has done for other fireworks shows so I sure wasn't watching that version- (seriously who cuts these things for Disney?).

But there's been so many comments and I just had to watch Craig's version. It's pretty. It's very pretty. But I'm going to have to ask if Disney lost the rights to their own music somewhere along the way because they could have just played their own Spotify playlist over it with some recorded lines in between to link the sections and that would have worked just as well and been a lot cheaper and they could have used that money to pay somebody to make an story out of it?

I saw it last night from Italy and posted my thoughts on one of the other threads.

To me, very, very disappointing. I agree there will not be many spots to get the full effect of the barges.

My grief over the loss of beloved Illminations was not assuaged. No story, nothing to pull at your heartstrings. Terrible mishmash of songs lacking musicality. Tech that’s a horrible eyesore during the rest of the park hours. Lack of universal vantage points for viewing. I’m so glad we had already cancelled our trip for this weekend and for Christmas. Disney has lost its soul and for the money they charge, I’d rather go on a Disney cruise. So sad.

Why can’t get Disneyparks get anything right anymore, so out of touch
I said this to my DH today. After reading so many interesting suggestions that people on this board had for the Enchantment show to make it better, I thought.... wow all Disney had to do was ask the guests what they want to see and they would have had a great show. I thought so many people had much better ideas than what was presented last night.
Maybe they need to start asking, so as to get back in touch with what guests actually want to see.

I am watching the new MK fireworks on Youtube right now. That show is SO much better than this Epcot Harmonious nonsense. SO MUCH BETTER!

Hey Disney - you should do the same for Harmonious. THAT is the sort of story & feel that we expected from Harmonious.

** edited to add **
That song at the end....oh man, ALL THE FEELS!

I am watching the new MK fireworks on Youtube right now. That show is SO much better than this Epcot Harmonious nonsense. SO MUCH BETTER!

Hey Disney - you should do the same for Harmonious. THAT is the sort of story & feel that we expected from Harmonious.

** edited to add **
That song at the end....oh man, ALL THE FEELS!

Ok, I went and watched the DIS's video on Youtube of the last HEA show. HEA edges out Enchantment for the lead, with Harmonious so far behind, it's pathetic.

I just finished watching the DIS video. It looked better than what I expected from the comments but I am still not sure I would say I am looking forward to seeing it. It is very screechy. If you didn't know it was called Harmonious you would think it was called Random Disney Songs. And the ending is just weird.

I really think the viewing is going to be a problem since it seems like you need to be in view of the stargate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter