HARMONIOUS SEPTEMBER 29, 2021

All newer songs. That is oldest Disney movie one seemed to be short clip from Jungle Book. I thought for sure there would be something from Mary Poppins and Cinderella. Surprisingly heard nothing from Frozen. And where was Wish Upon a Star. Guess this old person wants older songs.
Frozen was represented near the beginning with Lion King, mixed together.

Is it too soon to be looking forward to its replacement? :rotfl2:

In all seriousness, while I wasn't a huge fan of Epcot forever, the one thing I loved about it was you didn't need to get front row spot to see everything. This seemed to be the opposite, looked like most of it was lower on the lagoon so being up front or close to front would be important to see it, and with the stargate being fixed it seems like a large portion of views wouldn't be ideal. Was definitely expecting more fireworks with this one as well, had been planning a fireworks cruise for our next trip to see this, but not now, definitely doesn't seem worth it.

Also, the ending seemed, I guess off? After they said goodnight I was expecting something else, it didn't really seem over? I dunno, maybe it's different in person and the ending seems more like an ending!

I just watched the livestream and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I'm not big on fireworks or night time shows usually. I did not care for the last song or ending. It felt...maybe hypocritical or disingenous or pandering is the word I'm looking for? I don't know. It also just seemed kind of disconnected to me from the rest of the show. Overall I quite liked it even though the ending did kind of leave a bad taste in my mouth for some reason. I didn't really feel like there was a story line but I actually enjoyed that about it. Not sure how the show reads in person though since it seems kind of like flat front facing.

This would have actually been great at Animal Kingdom as a replacement to Rivers of Light.
This is pretty right on, after seeing Kite tales earlier today I was thinking they should have dropped this fountain show in AK and dropped some of the tie ins.

I got most of them but what were they tying Jungle book into? And there was no representation for Canada, Germany or Italy. They could have thrown in Pinocchio for Italy and Snow White for Germany...

it had some high and low points for me. the mariachi horns in the Coco song and the high notes in the Princess/Forg song were EAR SPLITTING and had me turning my volume down. I didn't like the mishmash of Moana/hercules at the beginning, pick a song....... and the jungle book song? we're doing the apes that want to be like humans in the Africa section... really?

other parts were good... pyro at the end exciting, Notre Dame projections for Hunchback, loved it, Lion King section good, Mulan I liked... basically I like most of the middle. Song at the end was meh (there is a line in there about someday greed won't pay. I looked at my wife and said "tell that to Chapek"), beginning needed more joiking (Frozen song).

Overall it was what Disney does nowadays. Nothing new, just slap a new bow on some IP and regift it. I get what they were going for, the world showcase represented by the voices of the world. But it was a flood of IP familiar music and nothing really emotional about it. And i miss stories being told with just music and fireworks. More pyro please!

I would certainly say this show wasn't worth forever ruining the beautiful lines of site across the lake. We get to look at the barges for 23.5 hours a day for .5 hours of that show.

It felt...maybe hypocritical or disingenous or pandering is the word I'm looking for? I don't know. It also just seemed kind of disconnected to me from the rest of the show. Overall I quite liked it even though the ending did kind of leave a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.
i Didn’t quite catch the full lyrics of the last song, but ‘fair-er‘ and ‘greed’ are among them. Which is really rich when they’ve taken away free FP and will be charging per ride for lightning lane access. I suspect that’s the bad taste.

All I have to say after watching this travesty is, Enchantment better knock it out of the park and make me simultaneously cry like a baby and cheer like a lunatic. I cannot believe this is the best they could come up with for the 50th!
You kind of wonder if they made this show to save money on fireworks. Long term the colored water must be a lot cheaper then pyrotechnics, and this show does not have much in the way of pyro. Also i it takes a lot to make me miss Epcot Forver, but yeah, I miss Epcot Forever.

The show was great visually but no story. You also have to stand in certain spots to see the middle barge so you can no longer stand all the way around WS. Also Spaceship Earth looks like a giant version of one of the Electric Light Parade spinning floats which is just hideous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter