Harry Potter Soft Opening?

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
We have Universal tickets that must be used by March 18th. Any chance for a soft opening before then?

No. There's a reason they picked March 18th as the date that all passes sold prior to the opening will expire.

The current "buzz" is mid-February for some unannounced soft openings.

No. There's a reason they picked March 18th as the date that all passes sold prior to the opening will expire.

Oh...I didn't realize that all other passes expired on that day as well. If I read that correctly then my hopes have been dashed. Crumb!

I just got an email from US that says if you have an annual pass that expires by March 30, or you buy one by March 6, and they have your email address, you will get invited to the soft openings before April 7th. I don't have a pass and am trying to decide if it is worth buying one. Normally when I visit US, I go for one day and don't want to go back for several years. I am thinking of calling and asking if any of the VIP tours will visit Harry Potter before the grand opening.

Oooo.. I am going March 7th.. maybe it will be open for me!

It opened over President's Day weekend so it was busy. While the word is out to those who
frequent theme park forums, blogs and websites there are many people who don't regularly
check those sources so (so far) it's been busy but not crazy.

What was the wait like for Forbidden Journey?

When I was there on the 12th the highest wait for the ride was 60-70mins. Its gone up to as high as 120 mins on some days. This is with the ride only running 2/3 of its capacity.

Single Rider was a walk on to 10 min wait max.

When I was there on the 12th the highest wait for the ride was 60-70mins. Its gone up to as high as 120 mins on some days. This is with the ride only running 2/3 of its capacity.

Single Rider was a walk on to 10 min wait max.
So it was open in a Friday? So should I expect it to possibly be open next Friday, the 25th?

So it was open in a Friday? So should I expect it to possibly be open next Friday, the 25th?

Its been open every day (except this past Monday) since the 12th. The land is in "technical rehearsals" so it could open or close at anytime. That being said, I'd say the odds of it being open on the 25th are very high.

Any idea what the price range is for the wands or how much the mugs of butter beer cost?
Wands are $40 for non-interactive and $50 for interactive (you can use the interactive ones to cast spells in certain shop windows, it's pretty neat!) Butterbear with the souvenir mug was around $10. They also had pumpkin juice in bottles for around $10, and gillywater water bottles for $6.

Wands are $40 for non-interactive and $50 for interactive (you can use the interactive ones to cast spells in certain shop windows, it's pretty neat!) Butterbear with the souvenir mug was around $10. They also had pumpkin juice in bottles for around $10, and gillywater water bottles for $6.

Thank you!! I will let DS know to start saving now! I am sure he will want the $50 wand and the Butterbeer mug too!

Thank you!! I will let DS know to start saving now! I am sure he will want the $50 wand and the Butterbeer mug too!
Yes, definitely start saving! There was SO much to buy, and wasn't very cheap. Keychains were $10, notebooks $15, bookbags $50. And the sweets were pricey too.

We also did the WB Studio Tour which was really cool for HP lovers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter