Harry Potter Soft Opening?

Oh man I really want some butterbeer. That stuff is so good and not gonna lie it is definitely a large part of the reason I've been anticipating the WWOHP opening at USH. Knowing my luck I'd go and it'd be closed, though. :P

We were there today and WWOHP opened soon after 10. Everything seemed up and running to us -- both rides were going, the Frog choir sang, Three Broomsticks was serving. And DD got selected at Ollivander's for the wand show! It seems like the default is that they're open at this point. But it would suck to buy a ticket and then have that be the day that it doesn't open.

From what I have heard (second or third hand - so can't guarantee accuracy!) there will be other previews etc on March 1st through 5th. So they may not have soft openings those days, or they may be limited.

question for those who've been: does the forbidden journey ride have a single rider line like in orlando?

Okay, I just went today. It's amazing! Loved the Forbidden Journey, especially, and also just exploring the shops. I'm hoping they expand at some point. It seems like they're pretty much at this point unofficially open. I overheard someone who goes daily say it's been open every day lately. Word of warning--if you're a true member of the Harry Potter generation, you may leave your entire savings account there buying the many merchandise options.

I got there last Monday. It is AMAZING. The Forbidden Journey is better than Orlando's.. it's in 3-D. We got to ride it twice and it was a walk on both times. The whole area is done really well. We ate at The Three Broomsticks. Food was okay, but the inside is really cool. If you listen closely you can hear house elves banging around upstairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter