• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone else’s cruise disappeared from the website?

act1980

DIS Veteran
I’m on the HOTHS for 8 nights next October. My reservation is still showing but when I search for cruises it no longer shows up. I called Disney and they said that it’s still going ahead. I know the CDC are restricting cruises longer than 7 nights up until early November next year so I’m not confident.

Has this happened to anyone in the past? What was the outcome?

It happened on Monday and no I don't believe this ever happened pre-COVID. Since COVID this has happened usually about a week or two before the cruise actually gets cancelled. January and February cruises have also disappeared with only the January ones currently having been cancelled.

Phone CM will say it is happening until the very day it cancels.

An 8 day will be cancelled. Anything over 7 from a US port before November is on the chopping block. While a line might hold out that in August CDC says "oh okay" I believe more lines, especially conservative lines like DCL, will just cancel them and focus on getting the 7- and less sailings going. For DCL, the big focus will be PC 3/4 night runs. That is their bread run.

Do you guys think I should assume the cruise is not happening then? I wonder if they will reduce it to 7 nights rather than cancel it. If they do this I hope that St Maarten remains one of the ports of call 🤞🏼

Do you guys think I should assume the cruise is not happening then? I wonder if they will reduce it to 7 nights rather than cancel it. If they do this I hope that St Maarten remains one of the ports of call 🤞🏼
At this point I would assume the cruise is not happening. Mostly because it falls before the November deadline for the current restrictions.

That said, it's possible that DCL could reduce the itinerary to comply with the restrictions.

Cruise companies are not allowed to market cruises over 7 days through November 2021. Disney took down the cruises from the website because of the marketing mandate. I would not assume all cruises more than 7 days are going to be cancelled as of yet. We will have to watch how well the vaccines roll out, infection numbers decrease, and eventually restrictions are lifted.

I am also reserved on that 8 night. I see a few possibilities, total cancel, move to 7 days, or wait it out long enough that rules change and it runs as is. Because there is so much up in the air I choose to put a deposit down on a "back up" cruise during my kids Spring Break in March of 2022. I figure we should know if/ how cruises are going before the Paid In Full date this summer and will make our choice then. If it goes as either a 7 or an 8 with us feeling safe, the kids clubs open, and what makes DCL special occuring then we will go. If any of those aren't happening then we will reevaluate waiting the extra 5 months. Until DCL starts any sort of sailings or we get official word it is all speculation.

I’m supposed to be on the WBPC at the end of February. Guess this will get cancelled as it’s over 7 days...first my 2020 Hawaii cruise...now another is probably toast.

2020, whatcha gonna do?

My cruise website quit showing my cruises, and then I noticed that MDE wasn't showing my tickets, magic bands, etc. Had to call Disney IT to get it fixed.

So, maybe it's because it's more than 7 nights, but it could also be this.

Try going into your reservation and seeing if you can still modify to any other category than what you’re booked under. In the past, when my cruise was going to be cancelled, this is what happened. It was to prevent people from upgrading and getting a bigger future cruise credit.

Try going into your reservation and seeing if you can still modify to any other category than what you’re booked under. In the past, when my cruise was going to be cancelled, this is what happened. It was to prevent people from upgrading and getting a bigger future cruise credit.

You can't on the EBTA definitely - others have reported this as of Monday. On Saturday people were able to move category and view rooms so I don't think its an availability thing. I guess its a waiting game now to see if Disney actually cancels or just holds out

I am also reserved on that 8 night. I see a few possibilities, total cancel, move to 7 days, or wait it out long enough that rules change and it runs as is. Because there is so much up in the air I choose to put a deposit down on a "back up" cruise during my kids Spring Break in March of 2022. I figure we should know if/ how cruises are going before the Paid In Full date this summer and will make our choice then. If it goes as either a 7 or an 8 with us feeling safe, the kids clubs open, and what makes DCL special occuring then we will go. If any of those aren't happening then we will reevaluate waiting the extra 5 months. Until DCL starts any sort of sailings or we get official word it is all speculation.
Although I'm not the 8 night HOTHS (I'm on a 5 night) I'm waiting out until June or early July before making a decision to cancel and rebook for 2022. For me it depends on how much is being held back. I would like to cruise with as much of a Disney experience as possible if not the full experience. Even tho I'm assuming that it won't be too much different in 2022 and that this could go on for half a decade or more and there will still be a ton of restrictions by that time as well, (that's just me thinking the worst) I'm hoping that I'm wrong. Most probably thinking if I'm thinking that way why book for 2022. I guess that's just my way of holding onto hope that things will be better.

If Disney do cancel the booking when will they let us know? I need to book flights in the next month and my dates are based on the cruise. Wondering if I should just cancel it and book something else so I know what I'm doing.

If Disney do cancel the booking when will they let us know? I need to book flights in the next month and my dates are based on the cruise. Wondering if I should just cancel it and book something else so I know what I'm doing.

They seem to be making the call on cancellations starting about 60 days out so do with that information what you will.

Cruise companies are not allowed to market cruises over 7 days through November 2021. Disney took down the cruises from the website because of the marketing mandate. I would not assume all cruises more than 7 days are going to be cancelled as of yet. We will have to watch how well the vaccines roll out, infection numbers decrease, and eventually restrictions are lifted.

The EBPC sailing for 11/5/21 is still available to book. :scratchin

Your cruise isnt till October. In this day and age there is no reason to book flights at the earliest possibility. There might be more flights added or removed from the schedule, depending on how the virus behaves in 2021.

I would wait till at least January/February when we hopefully know more about what kind of sailings are possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter