Has anyone ever been to the campground at Hershey Park?

melk

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever visited Hershey Park in Pennsylvania and stayed at the campground there? Was it clean, nice, etc? How about the cabins to rent there, has anyone stayed in one of those? (I realize every place pales in comparison to Fort Wilderness, but we are interested in a possible trip there next year). Thanks in advance!!

I have been to Hershey's campground but I have never stayed there. Maybe I can help you out a little. I checked out their sites this past summer in hopes of getting a weekend camping trip in but we ran out of summer! The campground is MUCH smaller than FW. They have 2 swimming pools, a large one & a kiddie one. My map shows 2 playgrounds. I did check out a shower/restroom when I was there, it was clean--not Disney clean. They have a campstore and laundry facilities.
My information sheet has the following about cabins:rustic & log cabins each sleep 4. Rustic cabins have electric, double bed, bunk bed, ceiling or wall fan, dresser, porch, grill & picnic table. Log cabins include electric, based board heat, double bed, 2 single beds or bunk bed, dresser, camper refrigerator, microwave, breakfast bar, porch, grill & picnic table. Showers & restrooms nearby. You need your own linens, pillows, sleeping bags, etc.. All cabins are non-smoking & no pets.
My map notes that there is an active freight railroad that runs along one end of the campground. The map has cabin 1 & 2 very close to the tracks!
The campground does run a shuttle to the park, but driving would be very easy--just down the road. The park has a $6 parking fee.
Check out www.hersheypa.com then look under accomadations and you should find info on the campground.
If there is any other info you need on Hershey just let me know and I will try to find out for you. We live pretty close and get to enjoy the park a few times a year.
PP

Thanks Piglet's Pal for the info!! I was mostly interested in the log cabins, whether or not they had their own bathrooms. Without a bathroom I think we may just look into hotels instead. Thanks again and I will check out their website!

we camp a lot in our travel tailer. we have never been to this campground because we can drive to the park in 1/2 hr, but if we ever go i will pm you. there are a lot of very reasonable priced hotels in the area so it would be just as cheap or cheaper than a cabin rental at a campground. one thing i wanted to tell you is that starting in november and going through christmas the park has something called christmas candylane which is very nice if you don't mind being out in the cold night. also at halloween time they do something very similar (both are pay per ride/ and some nights are arm band nights so they are a lot cheaper) i think they do something at easter too now. check out their website, its neat to be in chocolate town at christmas!

Our family--Mom, Dad children ages 12; 10 and 3 visited the campground at Hershey Park two summers ago. The park was nice, however there is an ACTIVE freight train that ran like every fifteen minutes throughout the day and a couple times every hour through the night. The train runs right next door to the park. We did enjoy the convenience of riding their bus system back to the park.

DO NOT let them put you in a site near the tracks. We were literally right next to the tracks, and I think I didn't sleep all night! What a horrid place to put a campground! :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter