Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

So for those getting Trader Sams, what’s the trick? Via app or desktop?
0559?….

We ended up cancelling May to go in august instead but I had gotten Ogas and Lamplight but couldn’t ever see Trader Sams with ANY availability!

I was recently able to get Trader Sams. I was on RIGHT at 6am PST and used desktop.

0559?….

We ended up cancelling May to go in august instead but I had gotten Ogas and Lamplight but couldn’t ever see Trader Sams with ANY availability!
I've had success on my app and desktop. I often have them both open and ready to go at the same time. I make sure I am signed in and I search for "Trader Sam's" or whatever restaraunt I want, I don't go through the main dining reservation page. Then I search for availability. I set it up for the time I want, and of course up until 6am it will say "unable to look at this time,"or some such thing. I start reloading starting at 5:59am. After a bunch of reloads it will finally show reservation times and I book it right away. This has worked for me for Oga's, Trader Sam's, World Of Color, Parade package, etc.

0559?….

I got a reservation at 6:00am on a desktop. Make sure to search for a specific time and not just dinner or lunch.

I've had success on my app and desktop. I often have them both open and ready to go at the same time. I make sure I am signed in and I search for "Trader Sam's" or whatever restaraunt I want, I don't go through the main dining reservation page. Then I search for availability. I set it up for the time I want, and of course up until 6am it will say "unable to look at this time,"or some such thing. I start reloading starting at 5:59am. After a bunch of reloads it will finally show reservation times and I book it right away. This has worked for me for Oga's, Trader Sam's, World Of Color, Parade package, etc.
Ok, this is literally exactly what I do too. I think
I couldn’t get Trader Sams because I think you can probably really only snag one high demand ADR per day of stay. So each time I tried for trader sams, I’d already gotten either ogas or lamplight

Maybe?

Ok, this is literally exactly what I do too. I think
I couldn’t get Trader Sams because I think you can probably really only snag one high demand ADR per day of stay. So each time I tried for trader sams, I’d already gotten either ogas or lamplight

Maybe?
Yes, those really popular ones go so fast you need to prioritize which one you're trying for. By the time you've made one reservation, those other restaurants are gone. That's why I use my phone and computer. I can book two at once.

Yes, those really popular ones go so fast you need to prioritize which one you're trying for. By the time you've made one reservation, those other restaurants are gone. That's why I use my phone and computer. I can book two at once.
I've tried to have DH help me by having him try to book as well, especially at WDW where you can book 7 days worth. Invariably I have booked one or 2 things and he's struggling to do anything even though we practice ahead. :crazy: Kudos that you can book on 2 devices.

If you want to actually watch the flag ceremony that time won’t work. I think there is a grave period but not 20 minutes. Even with a grace period it wouldn’t be enough time.
Thanks, that makes sense, I figured that was too close but forgot until after I booked and then all reservations were booked. I've set up a dining alert to see about getting a better time.

I have two opened at once but for the same one, DOH! Can't believe I didn't think to have two different ones, I just hyper focused on the one I had to get! Sheesh!

Does anyone know if you can add a 9th guest to a table for 8? I made a reservation at Carnation Cafe for our party, but 8 was the largest reservation size. One of our guests is my tiny 5-year-old who could easily squeeze in, but just hoping the restaurant allows it?

Does anyone know if you can add a 9th guest to a table for 8? I made a reservation at Carnation Cafe for our party, but 8 was the largest reservation size. One of our guests is my tiny 5-year-old who could easily squeeze in, but just hoping the restaurant allows it?
Its always easier to subract a guest than add them... You can do two things, or both. I would keep looking and maybe try to find another around the same time as the one you currently hold, within 5-15 minutes, for say...4 people. Then if you can snag that one, then modify the one you have down to 5 people. When you check in you can ask to be seated tables next to each other.

The other thing you can do is check in with Carnation Cafe the morning of and see if they can accommodate your party for your reservation later that day.

Actually, a third option would be to sign up for a dining watch app...and see if you get lucky that way, too.

I really wish the system would warn you of conflicts but allow you to book them anyway for large parties. Like I totally understand some restaurants don't have tabletops/setup for large parties, so let me make multiple reservations at the same time/near the same time so we are at least all in the same restaurant. It is very frustrating having to get multiple accounts so I can book for my family (7 of us, plus another family of 6 for part of the trip).

YES, exactly @FeistyDisneyMom. I'm the only one with an account so I can't book multiple reservations and they really do make it tough for large parties. It must be aggravating for you trying to book for that big of a group!

I've got dining alerts set, but nothing besides Oga's seems to have tables for more than 8 people, and we can only do outdoor dining with our little ones. But I will try asking the host at Carnation Cafe as soon as we get to the park that day- thanks @maleficent55 for the suggestion!

I have been booking for the past 5 days and today was the WORST. Lots of glitching on the app and desktop browser. I finally got the one reservation after 15 minutes of desperately trying. The other 4 days were smooth.
I'm right there with you. At DLR July 8-12 and been picking things all week, but today kept getting errors. Otherwise I've found it easy to get everything I wanted (Trader Sam's, Lamplight brunch, Orleans Cafe, Oga's, Hungry Bear Fantasmic Package).

YES, exactly @FeistyDisneyMom. I'm the only one with an account so I can't book multiple reservations and they really do make it tough for large parties. It must be aggravating for you trying to book for that big of a group!

I've got dining alerts set, but nothing besides Oga's seems to have tables for more than 8 people, and we can only do outdoor dining with our little ones. But I will try asking the host at Carnation Cafe as soon as we get to the park that day- thanks @maleficent55 for the suggestion!
I don't know if they have this for Carnation, but when you check in on the app for something like Lamplight, it was giving the option to add one person to your reservation right there on the app. Someone on here may know if CC is letting you do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter