Has anyone intentionally not turned up for a flight?

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
We've already booked our flights from Syd to Orlando via LA (and return) however we're considering getting back to LA via Vegas.

I spoke to VAustralia, and while they said there's no additional cost for flying from Vegas to LA, there is a $250 fee per ticket to change it.

So it would be cheaper for us to just not turn up for the Orlando - LA leg of the trip, and just board the plane in LA. However I'm concerned that because we wouldn't be on the Orlando flight, they would assume we've missed all the flights, and would give our LA - Sydney flights away :confused3

Anyone have any experience with this, or any ideas of what we can do?

TIA

Yes we have.

We ended up changing our return from the US, whilst we were over there. We flew to LAX the to Orlando with Qantas and we just ditched our return flight.

We decided we wanted to go to Honolulu, so we got a new flight from LAX to HNL and then a jetstar flight from HNL to SYD. We used the Orlando LAX part of the return, but then just didn't turn up for our LAX to SYD flight. It was cheaper to get a whole new flight.

I would be checking again with V Australia. I used to work in travel, and a no-show for one flight can void the rest of the itinerary. It depends on the conditions of the fare.

I would be checking again with V Australia. I used to work in travel, and a no-show for one flight can void the rest of the itinerary. It depends on the conditions of the fare.

That's what I'm worried about

Yes we have.

We ended up changing our return from the US, whilst we were over there. We flew to LAX the to Orlando with Qantas and we just ditched our return flight.

We decided we wanted to go to Honolulu, so we got a new flight from LAX to HNL and then a jetstar flight from HNL to SYD. We used the Orlando LAX part of the return, but then just didn't turn up for our LAX to SYD flight. It was cheaper to get a whole new flight.

If it was the last leg of the journey I'd see no problem in just not turning up. It's the fact that there's still another leg of the trip to go, and I wouldn't want to turn up at the air port and find it cancelled. :confused3

Yes, see mine was a final leg, so I can't help with wether it would void the rest of your itinerary. Good idea to check with VAust to be sure :thumbsup2

Do you know what fare type you have? The fare rules are on their website. Look under the no-shows section. It seems that most no-shows result in a forfeited fare. I would seek clarification - do they mean you have forfeited the fare for that leg, or the remainder of your itinerary.

I work in travel - whilst I am in inbound and don't actually book any international air, I do recall that if you no show on one flight, it has a knock on effect to the others that follow...so I wouldn't want to risk it without checking first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter