• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Has anyone REALLY recently upgraded to seasonal AP?

Thanks for posting. We took a break from our AP for a few years, but thinking of getting the seasonal pass for our June trip. We will probably only go 3-4 days over the course of a year, but it still seems like a good fit. We don’t visit during holidays or weekends. I looked at the blocked days and we look ok. I’m still sitting on a 30% discount for 6 gate priced tickets, but APs are excluded.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone here for sharing your experience and insight. It was really helpful in planning our first trip to Universal Orlando!

We just got back from Universal and I wanted to report back that we've successfully upgraded 2-park 3-day tickets that I purchased from Undercover Tourist to Seasonal Passes. We went to Guest Services inside Universal Studios on our 2nd park day. They actually gave us a refund of $20+tax per each ticket that we upgraded to a Seasonal Pass. We were pleasantly surprised that they gave us a cash refund. Team Member that we encountered was attentive and friendly and the whole process of upgrading was painless. We are very much looking forward to another trip to Universal Orlando soon!

Hoping to do this.

Last edited:
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone here for sharing your experience and insight. It was really helpful in planning our first trip to Universal Orlando!

We just got back from Universal and I wanted to report back that we've successfully upgraded 2-park 3-day tickets that I purchased from Undercover Tourist to Seasonal Passes. We went to Guest Services inside Universal Studios on our 2nd park day. They actually gave us a refund of $20+tax per each ticket that we upgraded to a Seasonal Pass. We were pleasantly surprised that they gave us a cash refund. Team Member that we encountered was attentive and friendly and the whole process of upgrading was painless. We are very much looking forward to another trip to Universal Orlando soon!

Was your 3 day ticket from UT the same as the 2 day ticket, plus 1 day free? I was concerned if they counted the free day as having value, or if it changed to a 3 day after first use.

Was your 3 day ticket from UT the same as the 2 day ticket, plus 1 day free? I was concerned if they counted the free day as having value, or if it changed to a 3 day after first use.

Yes, our tickets were 2 day + 1 day free tickets from UT which I bought last year. They were treated as regular 3 day tickets.

My question was more the value of the 3 park explorer ticket. I am still confused if it is better using UT and buying 2+1 day free 2-park tickets or buying the 3-park explorer pass in the uk (would get it for 225 pounds). I did read, it cost 5$ to upgrade the explorer to a seasonal pass but was that the 2-park or the 3-park explorer pass? If it was the 3-park, I might be better of using UT tickets...

My question was more the value of the 3 park explorer ticket. I am still confused if it is better using UT and buying 2+1 day free 2-park tickets or buying the 3-park explorer pass in the uk (would get it for 225 pounds). I did read, it cost 5$ to upgrade the explorer to a seasonal pass but was that the 2-park or the 3-park explorer pass? If it was the 3-park, I might be better of using UT tickets...
You have asked a few times earlier in the thread and got the answer from
Guest Services

Now where you buy the tickets it will be up to you which is the cheaper way to do it

The 3 park pass costs more than the 2 park pass

Since you are buying from the UK site, I have no idea which has the value you are seeking
I’m not familiar with the comparison of dollar to pound

You said you can go with the explorer tickets or UT tickets

Maybe send another email to uo guest services and ask the $ monetary difference between the two for upgrading tickets to ap

Also, maybe a poster on the UK forum of the dis has knowledge of which ticket purchase is best to upgrade to the ap

I did ask via email but they will not give any number, not even say how the calculation is done. I was hoping for a UK poster to be able to shed some light on this...

I get it now
They can’t give a price until you are buying due to the exchange rate at the time

Exactely. And they won't even tell me if they use the price from the US-Package and convert it or some other price for the uk tickets. So I have no idea what it would cost. I can't imagine that they would be such a low value that you have to pay another 5$ for the seasonal pass, they sell officially for 249 pounds, roughly 350$, so that would not be fair... That is why I am asking if someone with a UK ticket has any recent numbers...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter