• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone sailed b2b with different cruise lines?

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
This was the real reason I came here. Was to ask if anyone had sailed B2B with 2 separate cruise lines? I’m looking at a January 2021 at Port Canaveral. It would please the non-Disney guests in my party if I split it up.
Could anyone tell me their good or bad experiences with this plan?

This was the real reason I came here. Was to ask if anyone had sailed B2B with 2 separate cruise lines? I’m looking at a January 2021 at Port Canaveral. It would please the non-Disney guests in my party if I split it up.
Could anyone tell me their good or bad experiences with this plan?
Well, that's not a B2B, actually. B2B means two cruises on the same ship one immediately following the other.

On another forum, two cruises on different ships is usually called a side by side.

At any rate, are you thinking about a second cruise departing the same day the first cruise comes in? In the same port? Are the two terminals close to each other?

The only issues I can see would be if there were a problem with the first cruise getting back into port in time for you to make the transfer from one to the other.

I’d still call that a B2B to be honest. You are cruising one then cruising another. We did this with DCL on the eastbound transatlantic followed by MSC in the Mediterranean. No day in between. We did a half day tour in Barcelona.

I’d still call that a B2B to be honest. You are cruising one then cruising another. We did this with DCL on the eastbound transatlantic followed by MSC in the Mediterranean. No day in between. We did a half day tour in Barcelona.
Well I’m looking at a 3 day on Royal Caribbean that arrives back on the day we would use our current reservation on the Dream for 4 days. Both PC ships and a short drive for some nice Uber driver with a big tip. Kinda hope to get off late on RC and early to the Dream. I know the transition will be hard on my 77 year olds. But I think it’s doable.

We did it just this last December out of Singapore. NCL's Southeast Asia cruise followed by Celebrity's. Same building, different levels. Walk in the park, err, terminal.

At Port Canaveral, you will have to go through immigration (quick), collect luggage (variable), exit RCL's terminal (quick), and then make your way over to DCL's (variable). You should be able to get a taxi or - in theory - get on a rental car shuttle and ride it back or on to DCL.

We had week on RC allure then one overnight in hotel (cruise left following day) then 5 nights Disney to get right on NCL escape for a week last year

We did it this way as wanted to do

coco cay private island on RC and Central Park and mama Mia musical.

Merry time, Rapunzel music and castaway on DCL and

The waterfront area, drinks package 🤣 and Harvest Caye private island with NCL

plus to see if RC/NCL decorated for Xmas (went starting thanksgiving).

we had first from FL. last two Miami

We loved it.

Would def do again as got different things we really enjoyed from each cruise 🚢

we only booked two months before and with RC/NCL got very good prices.

We did it a few years ago in Miami. We went from Carnival Breeze to NCL Epic. We had a good walk from one to the other and a little wait at NCL before we could check in. I don't see any issues with doing it and would again if the opportunity arose.

We had week on RC allure then one overnight in hotel (cruise left following day) then 5 nights Disney to get right on NCL escape for a week last year

We did it this way as wanted to do

coco cay private island on RC and Central Park and mama Mia musical.

Merry time, Rapunzel music and castaway on DCL and

The waterfront area, drinks package 🤣 and Harvest Caye private island with NCL

plus to see if RC/NCL decorated for Xmas (went starting thanksgiving).

we had first from FL. last two Miami

We loved it.

Would def do again as got different things we really enjoyed from each cruise 🚢

we only booked two months before and with RC/NCL got very good prices.
That’s what were thinking is that we might pick up last minute Royal Caribbean now even on both ends of our Dream.

We did a 7 day out of Ft Lauderdale on Celebrity. Got off of the ship, drove up to Port Canaveral directly to the port, and boarded the Dream. It was kind of neat, and a neat way to extend our vacation, and compare the two cruise lines.

we did a B2B starting with the wonder for the EBPC then got onto the dream at port Canaveral for 3 day.

Had family who did this on Princess in Miami. Super easy. Walked from one ship to the other. I don't think you can do that at Canaveral, but as you said, a taxi ride would be easy enough.

I'd definitely look into travel insurance for the 2nd leg of your cruise in the event there was a significant delay in getting off of the first cruise ship. (Unlikely to have a 7 hour delay in leaving the ship; however, stranger things have happened.) In a normal B2B, by definition you can't be late for the second cruise!

I'm assuming that there will be at least some period of time where you have been kicked off the Royal Caribbean ship and the DCL terminal won't have opened yet. Maybe have an Uber take you to a restaurant or someplace your 77 year-old family members can take a break before going back to the DCL terminal?

We did a 7 day out of Ft Lauderdale on Celebrity. Got off of the ship, drove up to Port Canaveral directly to the port, and boarded the Dream.
WOW and I’m nervous about trying to catch the ship at the same port! So brave!

we did a B2B starting with the wonder for the EBPC then got onto the dream at port Canaveral for 3 day.
How did you get from the Wonder to the Dream? Would you do it differently if you did it again?
I'd definitely look into travel insurance for the 2nd leg of your cruise in the event there was a significant delay in getting off of the first cruise ship. (Unlikely to have a 7 hour delay in leaving the ship; however, stranger things have happened.) In a normal B2B, by definition you can't be late for the second cruise!

I'm assuming that there will be at least some period of time where you have been kicked off the Royal Caribbean ship and the DCL terminal won't have opened yet. Maybe have an Uber take you to a restaurant or someplace your 77 year-old family members can take a break before going back to the DCL terminal?
I have a few restaurants I like at the port there and an artist studio. I just have to give that luggage some thought. So far I have two types of insurance on the Royal Caribbean and the Disney insurance for the second cruise.

We took the DCL EBTA to Barcelona. Spent the night in an air bnb and got on an NCL ship for the Med the next day. It was a nice way to explore Barcelona without having to rush to another ship.

WOW and I’m nervous about trying to catch the ship at the same port! So brave!

How did you get from the Wonder to the Dream? Would you do it differently if you did it again?
I have a few restaurants I like at the port there and an artist studio. I just have to give that luggage some thought. So far I have two types of insurance on the Royal Caribbean and the Disney insurance for the second cruise.

dcl provided a free small shuttle to take us from the wonder to the dream. there were maybe over 10 that did this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter