Has anyone stayed at the Royal Pacific yet?

Tense

Mouseketeer
We'll be down in 18 days and I'm dying to know what it is like. Soooo anyone back yet... PLEASE post! Thanks!:p

You're asking on the wrong board, this shoud be in Universal Studios/Sea World General Board, this is the report only board. HTH! ;)

Hello! There are full trip reports and new pics on another discussion board. email me at cdforest@cox.net for it later. I will have full details with pics when I get back on July 3rd all!
I CAN'T WAIT! TOMORROW is the day! WHOOHOOH!!!! CINDY from Omaha Nebraska.

We just returned from our very, very wet Flordia vacation. We arrived at the Royal Pacific on June 19 for 5 days. Everyone there was extremely friendly. Check in went well...we were upgraded to a poolside view for out $99.00 rate. The only problem that we had was that our first room that we were assigned to had a king bed instead of 2 queens so we had to change again. The hotel itself is very beautiful & relaxing...especially at night. Vey quiet also. My only dissapointment was the size of the rooms. They were smaller than I thought they would be. We had 5 in a room so we put an aero bed on the floor & it was very tight. We used the boats for transportation to the parks & City Walk. We never had to wait more than 10 min. for a boat & it was a nice 5-10 min. ride. I thought it was very convienent. Plus, unlike the HRH, the boat dock was covered so we didn't have to get rained on waiting. The food was very pricey, but I was already expecting this since nothing in the park area is cheap. The express line access was amazing. We never waited more than 10-15 min. for anything...even Spiderman. It really spoiled us so when we went to WDW, the lines seemed very long. The express pass itself was worth the $99/night. Overall, I was very pleased with our stay at the Royal Pacific.

There are a bunch of reports on RP here.

We stayed at the new Royal Pacific from Fri, June 21-23.
I WILL NEVER GO BACK !!!

The resort itself is nice and maybe they just have to work out the bugs but after staying at HRH last November, I will never go back.

There is no way to walk to IOA. The boat takes you all the way into Citywalk and drops you off in front of the Nascar restaurant. There is no walkway or sidewalks to get to IOA from the hotel. We snuck out the side delivery entrance, having to squeeze around a gate when we left cause we saw 2 other people trying to get in that way. This area is actually directly across from the driveway entrance to the hotel..you think they would have put a walkway in! Good thing we snuck thru that way cause it POURED as soon as we got up to the hotel. Had we gone the normal way, we would have still been walking halfway to the boat!

We got in late fri nite and headed to the jacuzzi (there are 2, one was only lukewarm)
WE WERE KICKED OUT!!!
We were told that normal hours were 10pm for the pool area but they extended it to 11pm that nite but we were too late. Well, I threw a fit over this, I paid all that money for a room, I was CERTAINLY going to be able to use the facilities. DISNEY never kicks you out-the lifeguards leave and you are on your own!!
We patiently waited in the lounge overlooking the pool area until all the workers left and then snuck back in. We got to stay in for about 20 minutes before a security guy on a bike kicked us out. Thats ok, I was ready to get out anyway!!!!

When I went to the front desk to complain to the manager about the hours, and told them that I was never kicked out of HRH even after hours, the managers response was that RPH was a "convention" hotel and HRH was a "leisure" hotel.
WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN???

Strike two was that they don't sell any NA beer there. We don't drink but my hubby wanted an ODOULS. Nope, not available.

Then we had a physco housekeeper/magazine dropper off person who would not say no for any reason! We were back in our room at 3:30 for a nap and heard this woman yelling "housekeeping" and knocking on doors. This went on for 30 mins it seems as she made her way down the hall. We were the very last room so we had the pleasure of hearing all the way down to us. Thank God I jumped up and flipped the latch on the door just as she got to our room cause when we didnt answer, they just opened the door! I told her through the door I didn't want anything but she was relentless. I finally told her to just leave it on the floor outside and leave or I would call the front desk!

Breakfast was good but it took FOREVER. The salt shakers were all clogged. It was just little things its seems like. Maybe they will get the kinks worked out but from here on out its either HRH or Disney for me!:(

Florida Res
Not sure where you were but there IS a walkway from the pool right to IOA, you come out right next to Margaritaville.Also the shuttle takes you right to Universal from the entrance of the hotel.
And yes, Disney DOES kick you out of some of the resorts pools, Stormalong Bay closes at the Y & BC, so do many others.
There are plenty of Rules I don't care for at Disney, and some I don't care for at RP, HRH and PBH.
Just keep in mind that staying at a resort or hotel the first month they open is a risk itself. I have stayed at four disney hotels during the first week they were open & believe me there were plenty of kinks to be worked out! In fact the Boardwalk was so bad the first week they opened I think they refunded a lot of people! Major things like no AC in the rooms, keys not working, pools ice cold and so on!
Maybe you should mail them some suggestions.

One thing, I think you are being way to harsh on a hotel for inforcing posted rules. It's not there fault as to what time you arrived. I would rather see a hotel stick to some rules then to be disturbed by quests who want to do everything their way! Rules are usually made for a reason.

Well, just got back from a June 28th thru July 2 wet Florida vacation to the Royal Pacific Hotel.
Upon arrival, we were greated by very friendly staff members and had an expedient check in. We stayed on the fourth floor and had an okay view. Our overral stay was good, BUT, Some suggestions: We think they should have drinking hours in the Bula Bar longer into the evening, they should have more activities for young adults at night if one wanted to stay on site to party, and keep the snack bar open later as we had to pay way too much for a candy bar or snack late at night. The room service was an hour and a half wait for the food at 11:30 p.m. A NOTE: BRING a 6 pack or more of your favorite water or pop in your lugage, along with some chips and snacks..OR you'll be paying a fortune for theirs! Also, the food places NEED a better selection of food at a later time for guests to keep them eating at their resort. MY SUGGESTION if you like Filets as I DO: Eat the Filet with Spinach and Goat cheese sauce in the fancy restaurant next to Jakes Bar (expensive, but great!). The chicken quesadillas were good at Jakes Bar. The pool area was fantastic, ALTHOUGH, it rained too much for us to enjoy it. The people working at the Bula Bar were really friendly.......DRINK THE MUDSLIDES!
As for the walkway to IOA..there WAS ONE from the walk AND the boat rides. The WALK to the City Walk from the hotel is 6 minutes as we timed it. The walk is not that bad even to the Hard Rock and the Portofino Hotel. Very peaceful and beautiful landscaping! The boat ride is a fun and relaxing experience too. BRING a PONCHO too! HAVE FUN WHEN YOU GO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter