Has Disney’s Strategies To It’s Loyal Customers Finally Caught Up With It?

Trees are a mixed blessing in a climate like Florida's, right? Yes, the provide shade, but they also hold moisture and block breezes. I think carefully designed man-made structures provide cooler shade--but wouldn't fit well in the overall look of AK.
The AK has so much plant life (not just the trees) that it always feels twice as humid as the other parks.

I have to agree with that. We show up but that is to get on and off a cruise ship:D. The heat/humidity
at the parks is unbearable to me. Even being that my kids like to Uni or the Parks until our night flight
home.

The parks may be slowing ppl but not Disney cruise. It has been uncomfortably crowded onboard.
Lines/PPL everywhere.

We are planning on going to WDW holiday time. If I see slow crowds there then they will have a real
problem. Even now pondering is it worth it with the over complicated planning. Sucks the excitement
out.....along with your money.

I have no desire to spend my vacation planning my vacation, especially if it involves a daily rush early in the morning to try to book rides at an extra cost above and beyond the already high cost of the vacation. That is ridiculously stupid. And it's not really about the money. WDW has always been a place you go to light money on fire. The nickel and diming just adds to the annoyance of an already annoying process. It's going to leave a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of people that visit. Not a good long term strategy. Very thankful that we decided to not buy into Copper Creek a few years ago. I'd be selling right now if I had. Feel bad for some of those folks.

Because they had so much demand for their product that one could argue they had to raise prices to get crowd levels down. For a while there, every day was like spring break in MK, with shoulder to shoulder crowds everywhere, it was miserable. The natural free market reaction to demand that begins to impact your ability to service your customers calls for increased prices and decresed services, it's really as simple as that, we don;t have to like it but the free market is what it is.
However Disney has always made out of town visitors purchase the highest tier AP. No other options even if a lower tier would suit my needs. i Don’t need zero black out dates. I never go during holidays and I live 3000 mi away! This was true back when parks were empty during the crash so had nothing to do with supply and demand. I remember Year of a Million Dreams when everything was a walk on but still out of town AP only option was most expensive pass.
At Universal you can buy any tier pass that works for you.

If Disney execs are smart, they're waking up every single morning and trying to think of ways they can stop the inevitable bleeding once Universal opens their THREE new parks.

I don't have a crystal ball but I've seen the youtube videos about the new Universal properties; Disney needs to step up their game or they're going to lose MAJOR marketshare soon.

I think bookings are lower due to the economy and revenge travel is over. That is why Disney is offering so many discounts.

Disney will always be a top vacation destination. It will have its highs and lows. What goes up must come down.

For every loyal customer they lose they will gain 3 more.

If Disney execs are smart, they're waking up every single morning and trying to think of ways they can stop the inevitable bleeding once Universal opens their THREE new parks.

I don't have a crystal ball but I've seen the youtube videos about the new Universal properties; Disney needs to step up their game or they're going to lose MAJOR marketshare soon.
People are realizing Universal is doing it better. Start by comparing the resorts at each level. And the lack of amenities at the Disney resorts. All the wdw value and moderate resorts are outside motel like buildings. The pools at the values are embarrassing.
A value at Universal is under $100 for some and light years ahead of wdw values. They are very nice. A Universal Prime Value has 2 pools, slides, lazy river, and bowling alley for $130. So much more than Pop offerings. You can stay at 2 of the 3 deluxe Universal resorts for under $300/ night.
A Universal Moderate resort is more like a wdw deluxe for half the price.

People are realizing Universal is doing it better. Start by comparing the resorts at each level. And the lack of amenities at the Disney resorts. All the wdw value and moderate resorts are outside motel like buildings. The pools at the values are embarrassing.
A value at Universal is under $100 for some and light years ahead of wdw values. They are very nice. A Universal Prime Value has 2 pools, slides, lazy river, and bowling alley for $130. So much more than Pop offerings. You can stay at 2 of the 3 deluxe Universal resorts for under $300/ night.
This is useful if you want to spend a lot of time at Universal, but as of right now it’s still a 1-2 day park for me. That obviously changes when EU opens but I’m guessing that price increases will eventually follow.

I think the commercials must be regional, as I have only seen commercials for WDW. I’ve never seen one specifically for DL, which I never realized until you mentioned it.
They are definitely regional. I've also seen Canadian TV stations where the western ones have ads for DLR and the eastern ones for WDW.

I would love to get Cabana Bay for that price. When I stayed there it was $310 a night for a standard room and that was with a discount. I did get Aventura once for $170 and that hotel is way better than any WDW value resort amenities wise.

This is useful if you want to spend a lot of time at Universal, but as of right now it’s still a 1-2 day park for me. That obviously changes when EU opens but I’m guessing that price increases will eventually follow.
We manage 2 weeks between the 3 parks enjoy resort pool days etc. will go to park in the morning do a few things, have lunch and enjoy afternoon at pool. Also do some excursions to the outlet malls!

When we went one year for 3 days I found it impossible to do everything I wanted and was exhausted. Everyone tours differently. I’m not a park open to close person.

After just spending three days at both Universal parks for the first time in June, while staying at Royal Pacific, we didn't find a real comparison between Disney and Universal. While I don't like how Disney is managing things right now, Universal wasn't better for our family. Are the good things and some great things at Universal? Absolutely. For us though, we skipped 1/2 of Universal Studios for lack of interest and probably 1/3 of Islands of Adventure. There just isn't as much broad appeal at Universal for us like at Disney.

For this trip- food, shopping, resorts, everything was better at Disney for our three days there. Now, it's quite likely our next Orlando trip will be back to Universal once Epic Universe opens. Highly unlikely we'll be back to Disney parks before 2025. However, we also didn't like Universal so much that we can't wait to go back. Once they have something new, sure, but that's it. Our Disney vacations always have left us wanting to return again someday. This time was no different, even though we skipped Disney parks. We had a lot of fun at Universal, but not to the point where we see it becoming something we would do many times in the future.

We were there last week. Crowds got significantly more crowded the closer we got to July 4. But the weird thing was at the beginning of the week there weren’t many people in the park but the wait times were still high. I couldn’t figure that out. Then I noticed almost every single ride in every park was breaking down over and over. I had to request my money back for ILL purchase’s several times.
There's no excuse for that level of breakdowns on attractions, IMO.

After just spending three days at both Universal parks for the first time in June, while staying at Royal Pacific, we didn't find a real comparison between Disney and Universal. While I don't like how Disney is managing things right now, Universal wasn't better for our family. Are the good things and some great things at Universal? Absolutely. For us though, we skipped 1/2 of Universal Studios for lack of interest and probably 1/3 of Islands of Adventure. There just isn't as much broad appeal at Universal for us like at Disney.

For this trip- food, shopping, resorts, everything was better at Disney for our three days there. Now, it's quite likely our next Orlando trip will be back to Universal once Epic Universe opens. Highly unlikely we'll be back to Disney parks before 2025. However, we also didn't like Universal so much that we can't wait to go back. Once they have something new, sure, but that's it. Our Disney vacations always have left us wanting to return again someday. This time was no different, even though we skipped Disney parks. We had a lot of fun at Universal, but not to the point where we see it becoming something we would do many times in the future.
Us too. After about day 3 we're done.

I think the commercials must be regional, as I have only seen commercials for WDW. I’ve never seen one specifically for DL, which I never realized until you mentioned it.
Same here, I'm on the east coast and have never seen a DL commercial. Plenty for WDW.

Yeah Disney better be ready for when Harry Potter opens!!

Only one of those will be a real destination park, Epic Universe. The one in Frisco will be regional, much like a Six Flags or Dollywood. The one in Vegas will be something people go to if they're also going to Vegas. We also don't yet know the market Epic Universe is going for or what rides will even be offered other than Super Mario Land and a dual coaster. The demo with young kids on the east coast aren't going to opt for Frisco, TX in the summer over Orlando with multiple theme park options.

Only one of those will be a real destination park, Epic Universe. The one in Frisco will be regional, much like a Six Flags or Dollywood. The one in Vegas will be something people go to if they're also going to Vegas. We also don't yet know the market Epic Universe is going for or what rides will even be offered other than Super Mario Land and a dual coaster. The demo with young kids on the east coast aren't going to opt for Frisco, TX in the summer over Orlando with multiple theme park options.
I think we know loads of the rides, it’s all online.
It’s massive and truly Epic.
I’m looking forward to the Monsters Dark ride, and the Donkey Kong coaster that jumps the gaps on the tracks (illusion).
The whole park looks awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter