Has it been a year already...Snowmedic's Feb. - March 2017 pre-trip, trip report.

How do we believe you medic? There were no pictures accompanying this post. How do we know you are not giving us a bit of a ruse.... Hummmm.....

Welcome home!

Did you try for an available site or are just waiting for your pre-assigned? I'll be doing the early arrival in September (first time ever) and I was wondering. It shouldn't be a huge deal to leave the truck/trailer in overflow while we go investigating/shopping/touring.

j

Welcome home!

Did you try for an available site or are just waiting for your pre-assigned? I'll be doing the early arrival in September (first time ever) and I was wondering. It shouldn't be a huge deal to leave the truck/trailer in overflow while we go investigating/shopping/touring.

j

Last year we waited for our assigned site, as we arrived early. We left the trailer in overflow and drove to AK for the day. When we got the text our site was ready we headed back and set up our site. Probably do the same kinda thing this year.

@tiggerdad & @sirenia88, if you want to come over for a visit, I'm in the same site I had in Oct of 2015, site #1643.

Hang on. Let me finish up the transporter so I can be there in 20 minutes! LOL Very cool dude. That site you have was a really nice one too. Have a few cold ones for me as well. @tiggerdad I think @snowmedic is messing with us. He knows we have to work before we can go to the fort. haha Havea great time Vince.

Spent the day getting the site put together. Set it up different than I had it in 2015, will post pics of both years tomorrow, I did not take a pic of the site yet. Had our traditional GAG for dinner tonight, still just as good as last time. Going to call it night. Til tomorrow. Snowmedic

Did you try for an available site or are just waiting for your pre-assigned?

Well, I we arrived at 5:30 Monday morning we took a drive through 1600 because that is what I requested, there was only on site empty, but I will not go into why it was empty. Don't need a continuation from another thread that was just recently locked. So then we went up and did check-in, CM said there where no empty sites and a text would be sent when ready. We didn't really care what site we got as long as it was from the high 1620's up, just for the closeness of the CS. At about 11 a text came in that said to go to the front desk for site assignment. When we got to the desk the CM told me we where in 1643, why they couldn't put that in the text is beyond me. So I went out to the car and told my wife " your not going to believe where they put us". I thought it was pretty fun. We loved this site last time and the tent stake that I could not pull out of the tree root is still there.

Hang on. Let me finish up the transporter

Doc, your telling me you built a time machine, but you need 1.1 gigawatts to power the flux capacitor. And by the way, I had to work before I could get to the Fort also. LOL

Been having a great time, even though we did not do much. Went to Wally Weird on Turkey Lake Rd. @ about 8 this evening and it was chaotic, only 6 registers open. We left there and went to the one on John Young Parkway, much better. Have to run out to Publix tomorrow to finish buying groceries, soda and booze for the week. While @ Wally Weird I did pick up what I needed to make Morning Mimosas with breakfast, Mickey pancakes with real Vt. maple syrup, eggs and turkey bacon. Later, Snowmedic

Doc, your telling me you built a time machine, but you need 1.1 gigawatts to power the flux capacitor. And by the way, I had to work before I could get to the Fort also. LOL

Been having a great time, even though we did not do much. Went to Wally Weird on Turkey Lake Rd. @ about 8 this evening and it was chaotic, only 6 registers open. We left there and went to the one on John Young Parkway, much better. Have to run out to Publix tomorrow to finish buying groceries, soda and booze for the week. While @ Wally Weird I did pick up what I needed to make Morning Mimosas with breakfast, Mickey pancakes with real Vt. maple syrup, eggs and turkey bacon. Later, Snowmedic

Really Snowmedic, real VT maple syrup, then you go and ruin breakfast with Turkey bacon ???? Next you will be having tofu pancakes....:sad2:

Heck, Vince, at least I BELIEVE you!

That site is almost all the way around the loop huh? when I was there early January the folks there and on either side of you had lots of Christmas displays that faced the rear towards the entrance road to loops 1600-1900.

I think I can hear the sizzle of bacon on the griddle from my cubicle right now ....

Have fun!

Bama Ed

After breakfast we headed over to Cocoa beach to the beach stores. Having lunch @ Long Doggers in Palm Bay then heading back to the Fort for swimming and dinner then to The Springs for some relaxation and to lighten the wallet and weaken the liver.

My youngest DD doesn't like Bacon. (Regular, turkey or otherwise...) I have 2 schools of thought on this issue.
  1. GREAT! More for me.
  2. What is wrong with you child!
The funny thing is, is that I don't believe she has ever actually tried it.....

What a beautiful day to wake up at the Fort. The sun is sunning bright with a slight breeze and not a cloud in the sky. Today has us just hanging around at the Fort. Will be going swimming in about 30 minutes when the pool opens, then going up to the Settlement to see the horses and pony's and the playground so DD can play.

Went to Disney Springs last night, not too crowded. DD had a flamingo frost smoothie from Joffrey's , DW had a orange frost and I a Rum Runner Margarita from Dockside. Walked around a little and then dropped a small fortune at Sosa's Cigars. After went to Wentzel's and got some pretzels and watched the activities near by. The stores at the Springs closed at 11 but the clubs stayed open til 2. The new bus drop/pickup location is nice but it is a little bit of a hike to get to the Fort gate, gate 25. We will be heading back there again tonight so DD can get her Maleficent ears that we promised her and to spend more time doing some actual browsing in the stores.

We got back to camp at about 10:30 and called it a night. Didn't hear to many buses running after 11 but I'm sure that will change here in a couple of days when the parks stay open later. Disney has a lot of there golf carts rented out. I have only seen 7 at the checkout stand since we have been here.

Breakfast today was Mimosa's and walnut pistachio muffins, yum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter