• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has your opinon changed on tattoos ? do you have any ?

I’ve never had a problem with tattoos and that opinion hasn’t changed. I have three: An anklet of flowers below my ankle with my older DD’s name, a watercolor rendition of “Little Pinky” (Disneyland Castle) on my calf and “Love, Dad” (his signature taken from a birthday card) with two stars and watercolor stardust on my wrist. I got the first at 35 and the other two at 50. Wanted to make sure I could hide it at 35 and absolutely wanted them to be visible at 50 so I guess my opinion did change a little bit.

As far as sagging, meh. I know people who’ve had tats for decades and I’ve never once heard that complaint.

My DD has five on her lower right leg. She’s very careful about placement and works with her artist to make sure they’re cohesive. She does make sure they can be easily covered.

My opinion hasn't changed. I don't mind them but I am not a fan of them on the face or ones that can't be covered up. I do have one. I've had it 21 years and I still love it. Never wanted one but the decision was deeply personal after a life changing event and I am glad I got it. I waited a year to think of the perfect thing which is probably why I still love it.

I had no opinion either way really, but at age 19 I met a man who was covered in ink. We worked together at a factory. I had studied Indian Philosophy in college and it was clear we had known each other in previous lives. But it wasn't until 30 years later when I fell in love with a woman who had her own business and a tattooed arm that I got my own. Our business and tattoos have grown exponentially ever since. I like that we make a positive impression.

:confused3 Meh - not a moral issue, purely aesthetic - I find them really unattractive and always have. I don't have any and nor did any man I've ever been involved with. My young-adult DS does and I think his are hideous.

Last edited:

I'm not even that. :o My redhead tag came from the tag fairy, because I'm a Universal Studios fan. (I suppose it came from the idea that UO fans are the redheaded step children among Disney fans.) I didn't even notice it was still there. I'm actually blond w/ a tiny bit of red undertone. If it helps, my Dad & many of my family members were/are actual redheads. :teeth:
Maybe you should get a tattoo of your tag. :D

I'm 45 have 4 tattoos from college and late 20s, all easily hidden by clothing. I'm not ashamed of them or bothered by them but if I could snap my fingers and get rid of them I would.

Personally, never. My opinions of others having them has changed, maybe because all of my adult children have them. Still, it is like wearing the same clothes or jewelry every day for the rest of your life. Don't get that. Don't mind a small tasteful tattoo though, but some are like, WTH were you thinking? Hate the ones people put on their faces and necks though and think they do themselves a disservice. Those aren't so easy to hide if they need to and they may limit themselves as a result.

No tattoos, but my opinion never changed. If you want a tattoo, to ahead. When they figure out a way to do painless permanent tattooing, with me up!

I have 7, and I like them. There is a difference between good tattoos and bad tattoos though. Some make me cringe...
Yes, big difference. My youngest brother’s are an example of cringe, cheapest by whoever and no thought to placement.

Have you gotten your color for your castle yet? I’ve been waiting to see it.

Personally, never. My opinions of others having them has changed, maybe because all of my adult children have them. Still, it is like wearing the same clothes or jewelry every day for the rest of your life. Don't get that. Don't mind a small tasteful tattoo though, but some are like, WTH were you thinking? Hate the ones people put on their faces and necks though and think they do themselves a disservice. Those aren't so easy to hide if they need to and they may limit themselves as a result.
Most people see them as displaying artwork vs being an accessory like jewelry.

My opinion hasn't changed....people can do what they want with their bodies
I have 3......all disney and family related.
All on ankles.
Merryweather with my children's names coming out of the pixie dust from her wand
Minnie (black head with read bow) with DGD's name and birth date
Mickey (black head) with DGS's name and birth date

Getting harder and harder to get them done. Skin in old and it takes longer to heal. We'll have to see when (and if) another grand child comes

My opinions on tattoos are like my opinion any other art form..it varies from work to work. :)

My only other thought about tattoos is that one needs to be cautious when choosing where to place a tattoo depending on where they may see themselves working in the future, as some places do not allow visible tattoos. Or else be ready to cover it up every day before work.

I do not have any, not because I don't like them, but because I am terrible at making choices...and the longer I have to live with a choice, the harder it is for me. So I have never thought of anything I'd like to have on my body forever yet. :)

Nope and no.

I only came somewhat close to getting a tattoo once. It involved a road trip to the big easy, about twenty fraternity brothers, ETOH alcohol and some daring.
A few guys came back with our letters tattooed (somewhat discreetly) on their ankles. I'm glad I didn't.

I don't have any tattoos. I have never been a fan of them and that has never changed. No one in my immediate or extended family has any.

Yes, big difference. My youngest brother’s are an example of cringe, cheapest by whoever and no thought to placement.

Have you gotten your color for your castle yet? I’ve been waiting to see it.

Most people see them as displaying artwork vs being an accessory like jewelry.
Working on it! One more session should finish it up!

B0305786-4A2E-4F0C-85F6-243FAFAE1794.jpeg

I think my attitudes have changed. I never really liked big arm or back tattoos on men and definitely didn’t find them attractive. Over the years though more and more women seem to be getting them and I have seem some I like—ones that are smaller, pretty (in my opinion) and meaningful (in my opinion—I’m sure most people think their tattoos are meaningful at least initially) Still don’t think I would get one, but the ones Meriweather describes upthread sound lovely.

I do not have any tattoos, but I like them. That being said, I don't like dinky little "off the wall" tattoos. I like the ones that are personalized pieces of original artistry. The kind where you'd have to seek out a seriously respectable shop and pay top dollar to get done (likely, slowly over weeks/months of visits). To me that's wearable artwork.

My opinion hasn't changed. I've always liked them. I waited til I was 40 to get one, though, because it took that long before I was ready to hear my mom rant about it. I don't know of anyone with a tattoo in my fairly close family (aunts/uncles, cousins, etc).

I'd like to have more but it's expensive to get quality work done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter