• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have to buy a base ticket for every day?

mbb

<font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli
We're AP holders, and also have a DDE card.

So it would be kind of silly for us to book a free dining trip, right?
Because (and here's where I get confused;) I could be wrong on any of these, please correct me..)
1) Have to pay rack rate on the room
2) Have to buy at least base tickets for every day, and everyone in the room, ie, 6 nights = 7 day base tickets
3) So for 2 adults and 2 8 yr olds, I'm really not going to save much, am I ?

TIA for ANY opinions!

:sunny:

Yes you do have to pay rack rate on the room but you are only required to buy 1 base ticket for each guest on the package.

jjohnson said:
Yes you do have to pay rack rate on the room but you are only required to buy 1 base ticket for each guest on the package.

Only one day base ticket/each guest??

Hmmmmm :scratchin

Thanks!

Ok, oh wise ones...

help me here. How else could I save some money? And I have a child staying in grandparents room that I need to buy a ticket for (age 9) what is the CHEAPEST way to get her ticket?

TIA!

Berta

I'd subscribe to MouseSavers (mousesavers.com) and use their discount at TicketMania.com.

If it helps it will work out better to pay rack rate and buy a 1 day base ticket rahter than use the AP and DDE if you are staying at a value. However, if you are staying at a moderate. it is very close either way. Staying at a Delux it is the AP and DDE assuming the AP discount that is likey to be best if it is still aorund $100 a room.

Amyrlin said:
If it helps it will work out better to pay rack rate and buy a 1 day base ticket rahter than use the AP and DDE if you are staying at a value. However, if you are staying at a moderate. it is very close either way. Staying at a Delux it is the AP and DDE assuming the AP discount that is likey to be best if it is still aorund $100 a room.

That's good to know..
We bought the DDE card last year for just that reason - it worked out better with our combined on(BWV) and offsite stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter