Have to move 1 DVC resort to Wapakoneta, OH

If you had to move one DVC resort to Wapakoneta, OH which one would it be?

• AKL

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • BLT

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Poly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OKW

• SSR

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • BWR

• BCR

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • RIV

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • CCR

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • BRV

• Total voters
If you had to move one DVC resort to Wapakoneta, OH which one would it be and why?
Well, Wapakoneta is kind of in the middle of nowhere (I grew up in Ohio) so I would look at it from two points of view. Which one matches the climate the best? Which one has the best amenities for a stand alone resort (and if it is connected to a deluxe resort, do those amenities move or stay in Florida)?

My first instinct would be AKV, but I don’t think the savannah would work in the winter. Neither would any resort, like Poly, that relies on tropical plants.

So I think a CCR/BRV Combo would work out best. There could be a large man-made lake built to replicate Bay Lake, with the marina and boating in the summer, and perhaps some ice fishing and ice skating in the winter. The cabins could be along the lake like they are now, with the other villas in a large log structure.

So I think a CCR/BRV Combo would work out best. There could be a large man-made lake built to replicate Bay Lake, with the marina and boating in the summer, and perhaps some ice fishing and ice skating in the winter. The cabins could be along the lake like they are now, with the other villas in a large log structure.
That is so kind and thoughtful of you!

I voted RIV because the quick info shown for Wapakoneta feels like a place where "someone's grandmother lives" and RIV's decor impressed both my husband and me as "something one of our grandmothers might have liked." (Yeah, not nearly as gently thought out as fla4fun's response above. Sorry.)

Where the heck is Grand Floridian? That would be the one I would move

Another write-in vote for Grand Floridian - moving a resort I have no desire to stay in to a place I have no desire to go sounds A-OK to me! (no offense to the good folk of Wapakoneta, OH - I'm sure it's a lovely place :) )

Last edited:

I'd move BCV as it is a 2042 resort and small so it would have the least impact on WDW as that would be the least number of owners trying to book into WDW at 7 months cause they have no interest in staying in OH.

Another write-in vote for Grand Floridian - moving a resort I have no desire to stay in to a place I have no desire to go sounds A-OK to me! (no offense to the good folk of Wapakoneta, OH - I'm sure it's a lovely place :) )
Noted.

I cannot recall ever hearing about a town called Wapakoneta, although, upon looking at a map, I, know I must have gone past it when driving on highway 75 a few times. My memory must be failing or I blinked while driving by.

If I were to move a DVC Resort to there, it would be Aulani. That would make it easier and a lot less costly to get to from Chicago, and after spending a week there, I could brag to everyone that I just got back from Hawaii.

I would pick BLT because of its and the Contemporary’s space age design and due to the fact that Wapakoneta is Neil Armstrong’s hometown.

I would think SSR because it’s the only one large enough to accommodate the crowds heading toward Neil Armstrong’s home town. Of course I have visited, who hasn’t??

Is there a Key to translate codes to resorts?

Is CCR = Copper Creek @ Wilderness?

Wilderness could potentially work in the winter time..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter