• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever been told you looked like someone you isnt family?

thebear1

Earning My Ears
whether that be a celebrity or in general

when i was in college i got told i looked like a lad on my course , it didnt see it though

My Grandma used to call me every time "The Facts of Life" was on because she saw "that girl who looks like you." (She was referring to Nancy McKeon.) Around that same time, I went to Disneyland with my family and had some people doing double takes, so maybe there really were some similarities there (or perhaps I just had something crazy stuck to my face that I didn't know about). I mean, nobody came up and asked me for my autograph or anything, so the similarities couldn't have been that stark, but it was still a little strange seeing the looks on some of the people's faces (especially one of the ride operators) when we went by.

YES!

Here's me (with a little friend of the family).

2cxvjat.jpg

And here's some random dude my mom saw at a gas station 200 miles from where I was at the time.

25ryt1i.jpg

My mom was so thrown off that she called me that day to make sure I hadn't come home without telling her!

You would have gotten in so much more trouble for that than people who actually get arrested for "accidentally" looking like a person who has committed a "real" crime! :rotfl2:

Yes...there is a woman who lived and went to school in the same area I did. She was apparently super popular because I was approached no less than 20 times with people asking if I was so and so. It was always "are you so and so from xyz school?" it went on for 3 or 4 years. It would have been funny if we were ever in the same place at the same time.

I've had several people tell me I look like Trisha Yearwood in the face... it's something about the eyes & nose & maybe the shapes of our face. We also have the same color of hair.

However, while Trisha Yearwood is tall, I'm short - so I'd never be mistaken for her.

My mom was so thrown off that she called me that day to make sure I hadn't come home without telling her!

So did she actually go up and talk to the mystery person? (Or did she just steal a photo and then squeal out of the parking lot?) I mean, she is your Mom. That guy is lucky she didn't take him by the ear and demand to know why "you" were so close to home and didn't tell her!!!

So did she actually go up and talk to the mystery person? (Or did she just steal a photo and then squeal out of the parking lot?) I mean, she is your Mom. That guy is lucky she didn't take him by the ear and demand to know why "you" were so close to home and didn't tell her!!!

No, she just snuck a photo and then called me when she got home.

Interestingly enough, my half-brother (same mom, different dads), actually knows who that guy is. When Mom posted the pic on Facebook, Bro was like "Oh that's So-and-So, I've seen him around town..."

Decades ago I had someone approach me at a restaurant and ask if I was this name that meant nothing to me. They asserted I looked just like the person, and could not believe I was not at least related to that family.

Years ago me and a friend took the pictures in those photo booths and she looked at it and said I looked like Tanya Harding.

Dude by the ice machine looks like an actor I've seen in several tv shows but can't place him or the name of the show right now. He was an orderly in a hospital, I think?

When I was a teen I was always being told I looked like Alicia Silverstone. I started getting a few comments when The Crush came out but Clueless was super popular so heard it a lot after that. I may have occasionally played it up and wore a beret like she did in the movie...:rotfl:

Apparently I look more like my husband than he looks like his own brother. At one point I was sharing a house with the two of them (before we got married), and our landlord was convinced that my husband and I were brother and sister, and that I was dating the other guy (who was actually my husband's brother). We found about this, when he commented to the downstairs neighbour that my "brother" and I seemed awfully affectionate! :laughing:

Also, when I was a teenager, I apparently looked a lot like Jo from Facts of Life.

Yes. I get compared to Zooey Deschanel often. I don't enjoy her, so that's annoying. I can only guess we're of similar age, stature and coloring. I think she's annoying.

ETA: her hair is wigs/extensions. How people don't get that, IDK.

When people find out that the man I called my father isn't my biological father(adopted me when I was very little when he married my mom) people are surprised because we look very similar! I think it's the crazy hair and eyes. I was around six in this pic... It's my favorite picture and now that he's gone I treasure this little slip of paper so much!
19248055_10155445445916340_3079908315339714359_n.jpg

When I was younger, thinner, and blonder - Bo Duke. I got older and made sure I put on weight to end any confusion. Hair got darker (and now getting lighter again) too.

And Cary Elwes, circa, "The Princess Bride". Same reasons. Younger, thinner, blonder version of myself.

Also had somebody at a store insist I was, "that guy from the news". One of the local TV anchors. Even my wife said not even close. He did have some pretty severe glasses on - so maybe he was due for an update.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter