have you ever been told you looked older/younger than you are?

You all know my age because I announced it but according to my mom and others I don't look my age when my mom and I go
out in public she we'll ask sales staff how old I look just to get a reaction

The running joke is I well get carded for the rest of my life

Fwiw can't wait to see Disney staffs reaction when dh and I request a room because he looks his age I still look like a child

I looked pretty young for my age for a long time but old age has caught up with me. Pretty sure I look at least as old as I actually am.:)

I've always been short and petite -- and apparently that makes me look a lot younger. :confused3

I can understand it when I was young. But at 43, I know I don't look 30. That's just crazy talk. I wish I did, but I see reality staring me back in the mirror. :laughing:

Most people think I'm at least 10 years younger than I am. I keep myself in pretty good shape but have chipmunk cheeks and freckles. I think that makes my face look younger and doesn't show the wrinkles.

I've always been short and petite -- and apparently that makes me look a lot younger. :confused3

I can understand it when I was young. But at 43, I know I don't look 30. That's just crazy talk. I wish I did, but I see reality staring me back in the mirror. :laughing:

I swear to god, being petite and fit makes people think you're younger. They just don't bother to look further...I guess I'll take it?

I swear to god, being petite and fit makes people think you're younger. They just don't bother to look further...I guess I'll take it?

You nailed it. And hell ya I'll take it! :laughing:

Yep, I'm 30! Never mind those wrinkles, I just added them so you wouldn't card me. :rotfl2:

When I was younger, people always thought I was young and ask to speak to my mom. I would always say she doesn't live here but I would be happy to call her for you. Once when I was out shopping I had someone ask me why I wasn't in school that day.

Now I look much older than my age. I get the senior discount without even asking. I went to the movies one night and senior was 62 and over. I was 57 and we had several in our group over 70. I was the only one they gave the senior discount to and I never even knew they had one until I got it!

I am thinking about coloring my hair for my high school reunion in a few weeks. Going in a ECV is bad enough, so do I really want silver hair too!

Yes!

And, being short & petite, you get the "You look cute" comments. I'm never svelte or glamorous. I'm cute.

Turning 50 in Sept. When I was in my teens and early 20's I looked preteen. When I was in my 30's I finally looked
like I was in my 20's. And so on. Well now I that I have put on menopausal weight have a torn meniscus, I look like I 50.
So now the year that I finally want to look younger I do not. :crutches::rolleyes1

I imagine I'm a chameleon with how I can look. Having a stomach condition I've found can give me to the old stressed look on bad days, and when well I'm young or relatively speaking.

I had a humorous moment attending my father's birthday party. When some guests arrived I was near the door and so opened it. One of the ladies began singing me happy birthday! Her husband eventually corrected her, then let me know that since she was from Thailand she can have a difficult time telling us European/ Americas apart. :p

I'm 60 and most folks think I am 45 to 50. Thanks mom for your hair color, even at 90, mom was only about half gray. I work with people who are 45 to 50 and their hair is all gray and folks thing they are older than me.

I'm 60 and most folks think I am 45 to 50. Thanks mom for your hair color, even at 90, mom was only about half gray. I work with people who are 45 to 50 and their hair is all gray and folks thing they are older than me.

Gray hair is such an easy thing to fix...I haven't seen my real hair color since high school, so I assume I've got no gray:) Its a good lie to myself.

I'm in my 30's and I was buying lotto tickets & the cashier said "are you even old enough to drive?" That was a couple years ago.
This March I was waiting at the airport to pick up my car rental and an older gentleman behind me asked if I was on spring break. I'll take it if I look like I'm in my 20's but younger than 16, no thanks lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter