• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever felt looked down upon..?

I've never had a problem. I think one has to remember is that many of the larger tables will be set aside for walk ins or for Priority seatings. Unless you have the PS list in hand there is no way of telling whether tables are being held or not. I also think that Disney assumes when two adults are dining they might want to be put in a quieter part of the restaurant and perhaps away from larger groups.

but traveling alone I seem to get BETTER service. I went to the restraunt in Mexico at EPCOT and they told the families and couples before me a 30 min. wait. When I told them it was just me they said 'we will have a table for you right away" I didn't even haver time to sit down and they were leading me to a table by the water. I find the same on rides when I tell the cast member 1 they always put me in the front seat/row.
I always thought they felt sorry for me being alone. Nothing could be further from the truth, I enjoy my alone time.
Jan. will be the 1st time I have been alone longer than 2 days, I wonder if I will feel the same way after a week.

Rachael

Hi Rachael,

Mexico at EPCOT did the same thing to me just a few weeks ago, I also was given the royal treatment at the rose and crown pub where they sat me right by the water around 7:30 pm and told me to stay and watch the 9pm show of illiminations. I was there for 9 days during the Halloween parties and found myself never waiting to get on any of the rides or even to sit for a meal.

I did have a few moments where I wish I was there with someone that had the same enjoyment to Disney as I, but I did not let that slow me down.

You will enjoy a one week trip.

I've never had this happen at WDW. We just did our first adults only trip this past summer and had suitable seats at all the places we ate. I do know the smaller tables at CRT are cramped against the walls. But some are at the windows, so that isn't so bad.
Hope you have better luck next time.

hi,
dd and i never had bad seating during our trip in may...we ended up with a wonderful window seat at CRT and were right in the middle of all the action at LTT. dd is 21 but we were given equal time at all of the character meals we did, which i believe was 4 in total. we had ps for every meal except cape may clam bake, it was very busy the night we decided to give it a try and people were being told 45-60 min, but being a party of 2 we waited less than 5 min!! our only dissappointment was having a ps for rose and crown at 7:30 one night but not being able to get a patio seat, or being allowed to wait for one, so we gave up our ps and ended up having great seats next to the RC on the patio beside it, and great fish and chips from the cart. we had seen illuminations from the RC patio on a previous trip and these seats were really just as good, and dinner cost us a lot less! i think the seating is like everything else...sometimes you are lucky and sometimes you're not! i am going solo in may and hope i have just as much luck as the last trip

kathe

:D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter