• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have You Ever Had To Confront Another Guest's Poor Behavior?

At Hollywood Studios 'Rope Drop' this morning.

Fella' was 'holding a place' in the queue for his family of 7 additional people at Rope Drop.

First, he said, "It doesn't matter."

When I asked, "If it didn't matter, then why did you not wait with your family at security.....?"

<crickets>

Sadly, the unprincipled will never understand the principle.

To make matters worse, his mask was fishnet.
Good grief a fishnet mask :sad2:

Just last week, we had a CM ask us to wait by her so that we could verify what happened with a rude guest. This guy tried to light the candles on the railing at the exit to Kali River Rapids. When the CM told him to stop, he yelled that he's allowed and that there is even a sign saying he could light the candles. The CM asked him not to again and also to show him the sign. The guy yelled some more and then gave the frazzled CM the finger.
And then he was kicked out of Disney for all time....right, right? :mad:

I try to myob and let some stuff roll off, but the one thing i will NOT tolerate is harassing or abusing animals. Low-life trashy parents think it's cute when their kids scare birds and ducks or throw things at them. I will not hesitate to step in if they come dangerously close to catching a critter or actually hit them with anything.
This is 100% me. I have called out kids on this and one time had to call out a kid who scooped up a baby duck and was carrying it away from the mom. Kid threw the baby down. I was livid.

Last month I was in the line to get my 21 month old a balloon at MK. Once I got to being 3rd in line a woman came over and cut the family in front of me. The family kindly explained where the end of the line was but she insisted that she could cut everyone in line because she was there before there was a line (what!?). So this woman stayed in line and the family in front of me praised their 2 children loudly about how patient they were and how good they were for waiting their turn. Just then my son began to get fussy so I also loudly chimed in about how waiting was hard but "it's important to wait our turn." This woman clearly didn't care but thankfully the CMs noticed and gave the kids who had been waiting in front of me their balloons before helping the woman who had cut the line. However, I wish the CMs would've gone a step further and sent her to the end to wait her turn.

I have a "do not get involved" mantra in general because people are crazy and I don't wish to get stabbed on vacation by some unhinged lunatic.

However, DH did say something to a guy at Mickey's Philharmagic once. As the show was starting, the guy sitting next to me decided this was the right time to start looking for his next FP on his phone. The screen was SO bright in the dark theater and it was blinding me right by my face. I put up my hand to shield my eyes, but DH leaned across me and rather abruptly (and honestly without trying nicely first) told the guy he was being rude with his phone on in the dark theater and to put it away. The guy puffed up and started with the "you wanna go bro? I'll blah blah blah you outside, bro!" While I tried to diffuse it with the "all right, all right, let's all just settle down".

So I sat uncomfortably between 2 fuming dudes for the whole show...and as soon as the show ended, tough guy with the phone practically broke a leg running from the theater! Hilarious.

But no...typically I stay quiet.

I've experienced most of what has already been posted. Waiting for bag check at Epcot, guy ran into my ankles for the third time so I politely asked "Can you please stop running into my ankles with your stroller?" and his reply was "You should have said something the first time I did it". Guy swearing very loud in front of my wife and kids, he walked away after my kind words. Girl that was ramming her friends EV while she was behind her in her EV. She almost made her friend run into my little one. I politely told her if she hit my little girl I was going to turn her over. She stayed back lol. And I hate the idiots that video on dark rides. Seems to happen every time we go. I have said to many people "Turn off your light" and my wife always says "Don't" right before I say something. I asked one loud mouth to show some respect and turn off his light on pirates at the beginning, before we went through the mist. He laughed at me. I said fine. Keep it on and I'm gonna throw it in the water. He turned it off. But for every disrespectful idiot, there are twice as many considerate people at WDW. We usually chat it up with others in line and in the end, we always have a great time.

At Disney World? No, but I can give two examples from Disney Cruise Lines:

- My kids were still small and required supervision at the pool. Another woman and I came in at the same time, and we were both headed for the only two empty chairs, which were right by the pool. It shouldn't have been a problem -- two women, two chairs -- a chair for each of us, right? No. She reached them a moment before me and took them both, saying she didn't want to put her tote bag on the floor. Okay. Since I couldn't sit, I stood. I stood about a foot in front of her chair, giving her a prime view of my butt, preventing her from watching her kids. Thing is, her shadow was falling on me, so every time she moved, I could see -- and I moved too. She didn't choose to stay at the pool too long.

- Might have been the same trip: I took my kids to the pool late at night, and a group of teen boys were being very unsafe: they were climbing up on the rails and back-flipping into the rather shallow pool. I told them I was afraid they'd get hurt -- being teen boys, they just laughed. Seriously, someone was going to end up with a head or neck injury. I left and told security, and I don't know what happened.

The only time I step in is where their obnoxious behavior is affecting other people or they’re being a Karen at a CM. But I absolutely have been and will be that person telling a jerk to put their giant phone down during a show when it’s disturbing everyone behind them and I really don’t care lol I’m a New Yorker and I have zero issues with confrontation.

I’ll never forget the first time my gf and I saw Rivers of Light, we had done the dining package at Tusker House “brunch” so were sitting in the VIP section close to the front. And this moron in the row down from us proceeded to lift up her cafeteria tray of a phone with a blinding flash on the thing. I subjected her to my three strikes rule for this sort of thing. The first two times she did it I didn’t say anything. The third I leaned down and hissed just loud enough for her to hear that she was blinding everyone behind her taking terrible pictures of a show that’s in pristine 4K all over YouTube anyway. She was sufficiently shamed into stopping.

As we were exiting, a dad who had been sitting behind us a few rows back thanked me for speaking up because it was really bothering his kids. I just figure these people do crap like this because no one in their lives ever told them no. Might as well be me.

I've seen all sorts of behavior from guests, from the nicest and unexpected (2 toddlers gave my young daughter some glow necklaces because she looked sad; another trip, a dad and his daughter gave her a bag of cotton candy because they had so many snack credits and saw her looking at the cotton candy).

On the bad side though, there was a young boy in line for big thunder mountain who was pleading with his mom that he was scared and didn't want to go on it. At the time to board, he was sobbing.

The creepiest was in line at pirates of the Caribbean. In line (pre-covid), there was a guy standing so close to me, it was uncalled for. I ended up turning around, asking if we were married and I just didn't know about it (which made for an interesting look on the face on woman he was traveling with) and bluntly informed him to back up because he was most definitely too close to me. Grrrr....

The only time I step in is where their obnoxious behavior is affecting other people or they’re being a Karen at a CM. But I absolutely have been and will be that person telling a jerk to put their giant phone down during a show when it’s disturbing everyone behind them and I really don’t care lol I’m a New Yorker and I have zero issues with confrontation.

I’ll never forget the first time my gf and I saw Rivers of Light, we had done the dining package at Tusker House “brunch” so were sitting in the VIP section close to the front. And this moron in the row down from us proceeded to lift up her cafeteria tray of a phone with a blinding flash on the thing. I subjected her to my three strikes rule for this sort of thing. The first two times she did it I didn’t say anything. The third I leaned down and hissed just loud enough for her to hear that she was blinding everyone behind her taking terrible pictures of a show that’s in pristine 4K all over YouTube anyway. She was sufficiently shamed into stopping.

As we were exiting, a dad who had been sitting behind us a few rows back thanked me for speaking up because it was really bothering his kids. I just figure these people do crap like this because no one in their lives ever told them no. Might as well be me.
I remember having a very similar ROL experience. I'm pretty sure that throughout the performance I muttered about how rude she was being while she filmed with her giant iPad. I hope she enjoyed my commentary when she watched at home.

I can't think of any instance in which I would have even been tempted. We've been lucky in our trips not to have had to deal with any nonsense from other guests. Mind you, we never watch parades, so that eliminates one hot spot for negative guest interaction. ;)

Not exactly confront but this woman lost her darn mind with me over something so ridiculous. I just blame her lack of knowledge I guess. 😂

It’s our last day and we are at MK for the evening. We get off Splash Mountain and I had purchased the memory maker so I would usually just walk up to the photos and tap quick and leave. The rest of my family doesn’t even mess with walking up because it’s always crowded and it will pop up on our phones soon after. So I go up and see our photo and reach out and tap it and this woman standing there says “Guess we can’t see our picture now since they scanned it” all nasty to whoever she was with while looking at me. I said “excuse me” and she says “thanks to you scanning it, now we can’t see our photo now” I pointed to the screen and said “the photo is right there, did you tap it” and she said “no, we just want to look at it and you cut us and scanned it and now it’s going to disappear, you have to let us look at it first” I was thinking what on earth is this woman talking about!? And she was being so nasty with her attitude and tone. Like yelling at me like I did something wrong. I said “I don’t think you understand how this works. You get off the ride, see your picture and then tap it with your band if you have one.” And she says “well we don’t have bands and I just want to look at it”. I’m dumbfounded at this point and say “so you expect me to know that walking up here and just stand here and wait until you are done looking at it and then tap it?” And she said “yes we were here first” and I said “well that’s not exactly how it works and good luck with that” and walked away. Ugh…and the funny thing is we are forever stuck with her in our picture since she was in the same boat as us! I told DH that we need to photoshop emojis or something over her face!
The one year that we were there on Mother’s Day, I asked for a nice family pic in front of the castle. We dressed up a little and got there at RD, stood in a short PP line, and got positioned on the wall around the Partners statue. This very large woman in a bright purple tank top walked around us grumbling loudly about how “it must be nice to get your own private photo shoot…other people might want a picture there to….” I’m yelling to her “it’s free…just get in line right there…..” but she wouldn’t look at me and kept walking….oh well. And yes, she got photo-shopped completely out and we have a lovely pic to show for it 😃

Guy at HEA last night was in front of a viewing section along with his several Mickey balloons flashing away behind him: it was pretty annoying so when I heard others around us openly grumbling about the distraction, I reached forward and turned off the balloon lights. Not all heroes wear capes.

I wish I had said something about this, it still angers me today. We were waiting for a bus a couple years ago and had just missed the last one, so were at the front of the line. I have knee problems that flair up occasionally and today was a bad day - as in we nearly had to ask for a wheelchair I could barely walk kinda day. Anyway, I'm stood there on one leg quietly crying in pain as the queue gets longer and a huge family come by, they pile up their strollers in the spot for wheelchair users to wait, and when the bus arrives they get the driver to pile on all the strollers first (completely blocking the middle door - surely a health and safety issue?) so that's another 10 minutes waiting. At this point, we are about to board the bus and a family behind the rope next to us try to cut in and in front of us, my mum gently pushes me in their way, glares at them, and then loudly comforts (a still crying in pain) me. Anyway, we get seated but it doesn't end there - the big family give one of their toddlers a bottle of milk, which then gets dropped on the floor and spills everywhere, meaning we have to hover our feet so they don't get covered in milk :scared: - I obviously can't due to my knee deciding not to work so I ended up with milky shoes. Oh! They didn't even offer to clean it up either...

We weren't the only ones annoyed by this as the mother of another family stormed off the bus at the first stop, telling her family that they should stay on the bus and she would meet them back at the room 😂

I try to myob and let some stuff roll off, but the one thing i will NOT tolerate is harassing or abusing animals. Low-life trashy parents think it's cute when their kids scare birds and ducks or throw things at them. I will not hesitate to step in if they come dangerously close to catching a critter or actually hit them with anything.
I will never understand how people think that it is ok when their kids are chasing the animals. It is not cute or funny. It is scaring the animals. It drives me crazy when I see that happen.

I don't know. The CM was so worried that the guy would complain to Guest Services about her even though she did nothing wrong. I was glad we saw her manager and were able to verify what happened.
Note the cast members name and submit a compliant for how they handled a difficult guest and make it clear what the guest did, so they have another documented 'witness'.

I've seen all sorts of behavior from guests, from the nicest and unexpected (2 toddlers gave my young daughter some glow necklaces because she looked sad; another trip, a dad and his daughter gave her a bag of cotton candy because they had so many snack credits and saw her looking at the cotton candy).

On the bad side though, there was a young boy in line for big thunder mountain who was pleading with his mom that he was scared and didn't want to go on it. At the time to board, he was sobbing.

The creepiest was in line at pirates of the Caribbean. In line (pre-covid), there was a guy standing so close to me, it was uncalled for. I ended up turning around, asking if we were married and I just didn't know about it (which made for an interesting look on the face on woman he was traveling with) and bluntly informed him to back up because he was most definitely too close to me. Grrrr....
When we were at DL in June some parents forced their very upset, scared and loudly crying child onto Soarin. I felt so bad for the kid. Luckily he did quiet down once the ride started. Hopefully he actually enjoyed it but I don't know.

Anyway, don't let the rudeness of others spoil your vacation. Just move on, it's not worth it. Of course, that can be easier said than done.
Yep, couldn't have said it better myself. Unless someone were to just reach out and purposely hurt my kid, I don't feel the need to intervene. I have gently corrected other kids for swinging on poles or such, saying things like you probably shouldn't do that, what if you fell? I'm southern, we kill with kindness.

Last fall, we were waiting in the extended queue outside Splash back when there were social distance markers all the way across the bridge. After waiting some time, we are right near the entrance to the main queue when moved forward but the family behind us paused to take care of something leaving a marker temporarily empty between us. Another family just sidled up and cut into the line on the marker! Excuse me, I said, the line starts back across the bridge in adventureland. They said “this spot was open.” I said, no the family behind you was in line and we’ve all been in line 20 minutes. They just kind of smirk and ignore me and I decide nope, and went an got a CM standing nearby and told him what happened, the CM directed them to the back of the line and the families behind us started clapping as they walked off :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter