Have you had any of these Spa Treatments? How were they?

I really wanted to try the capsule, but there wasn't time. It seems to be booked or I was busy.

I hope to do it next time, but I would certainly wear a bathing suit.

We did the Surial Bath and my wife did the capsule. We both enjoyed the Surial Bath and she said the capsule was very relaxing too, however they really push that you get a facial (or something like that) WITH the capsule. We would've done it, but it was already a rather expensive trip at that point and decided not to. My wife said the facial WOULD have made it better, but not for the price they wanted.

You may be happy you didn't get the facial. A friend of ours did during the cruise and they did nothing after but push their products. The facial she loved, but she could live without the high pressure sales.

That's pretty much the case with any spa though from what I gather from my wife and her friends. THey love spas, they just hate the sales pitches for products. Comes with the territory I suppose.

I agree about the Elemis AFB, it is my FAVORITE treatment. I've also done the Ocean Wrap; it is nice but not as relaxing.

I have to laugh at the new name of CHAKRA BALANCING CAPSULE; that is the newer name for the old Alpha Capsule. A long time ago they used to include a special light that went over your closed eyes that was supposed to stimulate your brain into a relaxed, sleep-like state and leave you feeling refreshed. Apparently they stopped using the light after someone experienced an eplipetic episode (not on the ship, but with the same equipment on another ship). I actually liked it when they had the lights but did it once after that without the lights and just found it claustrophobic and not nearly as relaxing.

Originally posted by Parrotheader
That's pretty much the case with any spa though from what I gather from my wife and her friends. THey love spas, they just hate the sales pitches for products. Comes with the territory I suppose.

I disagree. I have a facial every other month or so at a local day spa, and have NEVER been pushed to purchase products. They give me a list of the products they have used during my visit, and that's it.

I've also had facials at the GF Spa, and the Mirror Lake Inn Spa, and neither of them have ever pushed a product on me.

Anne

I had the facial and there was no product push at all.
We also did the couples massage. After the massage, my therapist did go over the products used, but it wasn't pushy. I bought a bottle of the aromatherapy oil and the instant refreshing gel. The stuff is expensive, but not much more than what you pay in Dillards or another upscale department store.

I did the Aromaspa Ocean Wrap (I think that's what it was) and absolutely loved it. It was singlehandedly the thing that relaxed me the most on the trip.

Hubby and I also did the Surial (it was our honeymoon after all ;) ) and both enjoyed that as well.

We also did a couples cabana massage on Castaway Cay. Not as good of a massage as I get at home, but still nice to be in a cabana getting a massage next to my hubby! Plus hubby was so excited because the "pretty girl" (I think her name was Melinda) did his massage. He had a crush on her all week!

I've had a lot of Vista Spa treatments and never had anyone do any high sales pitch on me. I asked them what they were using and they explained. I based my purchases on the products I liked and those that I felt were ones I would use. I also found that the women gave very simple informative suggestions and recommendations.

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter