Have you had any of these Spa Treatments? How were they?

DreaminDisney

<font color="purple">The TFs converted another BEL
1) Aromaspa Ocean Wrap with Well Being Back Massage ($144.00, 75 minutes)

2) Well Being Back Massage ($89.00, 50 minutes)

3) Elemis Absolute Face & Body Treatment ($144.00, 105 minutes)

4) Surial Ritual Chamber ($68.00 a Couple, 60 minutes)

5) The Spa Taster ($89.00, 50 minutes)

6) Half Body Massage ($59.00, 25 minutes)

These all look so heavenly !

What have you done and what do you suggest........Anyone!

Debbie:sunny:

My mother and I both did the Elemis Absolute Face and Body Treatment. It was heaven!

I'll second the Elemis Absolute Face and Body Treatment. My wife had this treatment and was very pleased with it.

Make that a 3rd vote for Elemis Absolute Face and Body Treatment. The surial ritural chamber was good "dirty" fun for my husband and I. Try it!

I will be trying the Ocean Wrap and massage on my cruise next week. I'll report back!

Loved the Aromaspa Ocean Warp and Massage - wonderful! I loved every minute of it!

Elemis Absolute Face and Body Treatment was informative, relaxing and made me a true fan of Elemis products!

Spa Taster was excellent also as was the Half body massage according to DH. He wants the full 50 minute back massage next time!

We didn't do the Surial - too messy for us "old fogies".

The capsule is my number one special treatment though - relaxing and invigorating!

I also recommend the Rainforest.

Rae

Oh man, I want to do the Elemis thing... But I can't justify spending more on a spa thing than I made DH spend on his beloved grill... Any suggestions on convincing him that I *need* this? And that it's perfectly all right to spend more on my "short" (in the grand scheme of life) spa treatment than his long-term grill?

Is there an age limit on spa treatments? DS age 11 wants to get a massage on our next cruise.

Although WAY overpriced, they do have the best facial I've had so far...Aveda, Decleor, don't compare..

I loved the Oceanwrap. The Facial was good too, but the wrap was the best! Warning -- the facial got me hooked on Elemis products too!

I can't decide whether to get the Ocean wrap or the Absolute Body & Face. I can only do one. For those of you who had both, which do you prefer?

I believe the minimum age is 18 for the Spa treatments.

I got my facial on our 9/28 cruise and am still using the Elemis products faithfully. I am also a big, BIG fan of the Instant Refreshing Gel - great for sore, tired muscles. Yes, the products ARE expensive, but they last a very long time and do what they say they do.

I had the body composition test (non-invasive procedure) to tell me what percentage of my body was water, fat, etc. Very interesting and revealing results! There was a special going on during our cruise that if you signed up for that portion you received the hydrotherapy spa bath free. Since there is no more hydrotherapy bath, maybe they'll substitute the capsule!

Rae

Rae, is this the capsule you're talking about:

Chakra Balancing Capsule ($25, 41 minutes)

What is that exactly?

I think I'm going for the Elemis Absolute Face and Body Treatment or Aromaspa Ocean Wrap and Massage and maybe the capsule......

Debbie :wave:

DreaminDisney

Chakra - "heaven" on earth!!!!!

An egg shaped structure that envelopes you (head out), in a warm, scented vibrating cocoon - a warm mask over your eyes and soothing music going through the headphones.
AHHHH!

This is more than a calgon moment here, Debbie!

The Sea Warp is wonderful.

I want to also mention the foot massage - just wonderful for tired feet!

Rae

Hi,

I just finished my first cruise aboard the Magic on Saturday the 8th. I loved it, but do have comments on the spa that I hope can help.

1. We did the Surial Ritual Chamber. Different, but overpriced and a real mess.

2. A friend of mine did the "rainforest". He paid $15 for the day pass and although he liked it, it said he wouldn't do it again for that price.

I do have to say that this one area of the ship was the only place were I found several crew members who seem to be "snooty". I got the impression from two of them especially that they felt they were better than others because they worked in the spa and that were should consider ourselves lucky to be there and able to get an appointment.

I read somewhere that the spa is run by another company. I would try something else during my next cruise, but lower prices would be a nice touch.

Vista Spa is run by Steiner Beauty Products and all the staff are Steiner employees. I think that Disney along with Steiner company needs to know if their service was unsatisfactory.

Steiner in Fort Lauderdale, Fl has an 800 number (800) 423-5293 and the website is www.timetospa.com

My worst spa experience was the gal that cut my hair on the Wonder. She did an excellent job but failed to wipe off all the little hairs that fell on my face -I walked the full length of the boat looking like Cousin It from the Adams Family.

Rae

Rae, that does sound nice!:) I'll have to write down the capsule in my notes so I can try and get a ressie for it.

Once more question.....Are you dressed in this capsule?:o

Thanks for the info:)

Debbie

Bumping this up to ask:

Has anyone else had this Chakra Balancing Capsule ($25, 41 minutes) ?

Are you dressed in this capsule?

We did the Surial Bath (messy but fun after the initial weirdness), Full body couples massage (great), and facial for just me (also great).

For the first two we were instructed to undress "to our comfort level". For the facial I left my bathing suit on and pulled the straps down (it includes a shoulder/neck massage).

If we went again I'd probably skip the Surial (sorry DH) and have a pedicure instead!! :smooth:

I wear my bathing suit in the capsule. It gets WARM in there!

Rae

We did the surial chamber and I had a full massage. The massage was divine. I would opt for the full rather than the half. To me half a massage is like half an Oreo--the part without the filling.

The surial was alright, but I don't think we'll bother to repeat it.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter