• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you seen a cow in real life?

I am having flashbacks of the movie, Twister with the flying cow scene.
Cow
Another cow, I think that's the same cow.

RIP Bill Paxton

Come to it, has anyone here actually tipped a cow? And if not, why not?

Yes, plenty of them... my uncle was a dairy farmer, and I have been to county fairs before, so yea I have even touched them.

I saw this great big cow once, then the farmer told my that was a lot of bull. But, that's not an udder story!

I never saw a Purple Cow
I never hope to see one
But I can tell you anyhow
I'd rather see than be one.

That was my favorite quote as a kid. We live in a former farming enclave in the middle of a sprawling metro area. My neighbor down the street has cattle and horses. Our dog is fascinated by them.

Every January my sons' school has rodeo day. The kids dress up in Western wear and attend the rodeo at the local livestock expo.

Come to it, has anyone here actually tipped a cow? And if not, why not?

I have never tipped a cow. Well, we used to have this board game with little plastic cows called 'Tip the Cow' where I did. But I don't think that counts...

I've seen cows plenty of times but I haven't been exactly close to one. The closest I've been to a cow is when I've gone past a pasture.

The joke in the United States is that when a kid sees a cow from a car window the appropriate thing to do is open the window and yell out MOO!

We do this - but the bull's name is actually Moo, so it makes sense. He lives on the outskirts of town, in a field.

I've been chased by cows, woken up by cows, had our garden leveled by cows, and my daughter surrounded by cows and rescued by our dog. I do not like cows.

We do this - but the bull's name is actually Moo, so it makes sense. He lives on the outskirts of town, in a field.

I've been chased by cows, woken up by cows, had our garden leveled by cows, and my daughter surrounded by cows and rescued by our dog. I do not like cows.

Well, around here there's grazing in several parks, and the main issue is that they kind of mess up the trails by walking through them when it rains. Once it dries it's like the surface of the moon. However, the ones I've seen tend to be calm around people.

Heck, we had to move through a cattle drive once in Utah on a state highway passing through BLM land. The cowboy (well actually a cowgirl) told us to just drive slowly through and they'd move out of the way.

Well, around here there's grazing in several parks, and the main issue is that they kind of mess up the trails by walking through them when it rains. Once it dries it's like the surface of the moon. However, the ones I've seen tend to be calm around people.

Heck, we had to move through a cattle drive once in Utah on a state highway passing through BLM land. The cowboy (well actually a cowgirl) told us to just drive slowly through and they'd move out of the way.

The old dairy farm up by our cottage on the mountainside used to rent the land out for what we called "McDonald's cows" cows/cattle destined to be part of a Happy Meal. They were in no way placid, and were not used to people at all. Nasty beasts! When the farm had the dairy cows, that was different. Dairy cows are sweet :)

The old dairy farm up by our cottage on the mountainside used to rent the land out for what we called "McDonald's cows" cows/cattle destined to be part of a Happy Meal. They were in no way placid, and were not used to people at all. Nasty beasts! When the farm had the dairy cows, that was different. Dairy cows are sweet :)
The California cheese and milk boards used to have commercials based on their "Happy cows make happy cheese" slogan. I heard some animal rights groups sued them over "deceptive advertising".

Until a few years ago, we lived in a rural part of PA. There was a 550 acre farm directly across the street from our house. They didn't have many animals, mostly crops. But they did have one cow, they got him as a baby. His name was Robert. My kids loved to visit him several times a week. Then one day, after Robert got big and fat, he disappeared. The kids asked where he went. We said "McDonalds or Burger King". :tongue: DS13 understood, the twins didn't. They do now and laugh about it.

All the time. There are several farms between home and Orlando, when we take the "back way". We see horses and cows, sometimes goats too.

DH lived in what I guess would be called the "inner city" of Chicago, although it wasn't really as bad as that back in the 70's, but regardless, his single mother was busy trying to raise and feed 5 boys on her own. Thry didn't travel, they didn't drive down interstates in the midwest, and they didn't have money for the zoo. His school field trips happened to be to the planetarium, or the Field Museum, or the MSI instead of out into the suburban Brookfield Zoo (not positive about the Lincoln Park Zoo, or if they happened to have had a cow there back then). So, DH didn't see a live cow growing up. How is that so hard to believe?

But it totally shows how different the experiences of kids are, depending on where they live and what they are exposed to on a daily basis.

EXACTLY, this is very similar to the inner cities of Dublin and London, the poorer , disadvantaged areas. My dad worked in a school in one of these areas. They had a breakfast club and a lunch club as many of the kids came to school without having breakfast or without a packed lunch. When families are sending their kids to school with no food, do you really think they care enough or have the money for day trips or holidays? School trips in areas like this tend to be local historical sites, which have low costs. The majority of the kids in the school where my dad worked would never have seen cows or sheep or pigs in real life.

Seeing as this is The Dis and the majority of people who post on this board have the disposable income to afford a Disney vacation, I guess many people would not have realised how different some peoples life experiences are.

I don't think this has been mentioned???
But, I think the question now is, have you ever seen a cow that looks just like Gene Simmons!!!
:rotfl:

We have always lived outside of town, with farmland property behind us... Wonderful for quiet and privacy!!!!
Sometimes, yes, there are cows....
Many years ago, where we lived when we were married, we were building a new nice shed out/building, and had the floor framed up with supplies laying on top of that... Cow got out and trampled oner it, leaving some damage!

But, seriously... cows are usually very friendly around here. (not big bulls...)
They will come up to the fence if they think you might have hay or feed for them!

"I've never seen a purple cow, I never hope to see one.
But I can tell you, anyhow-
I'd rather see than be one".

Ever since I first saw this thread, I can't get that dumb little poem out of my head. Who wrote it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter