Have you taken the Grand Californian Hotel tour

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
Well if you have taken this tour can you please tell me about it. How do you make reservations for this and how long will it take. Did you enjoy it. Please tell me everything. Thanks, Gina :sunny:

and i assume you need to be a guest of the resort,to even get the tour? or a guest of any of the 3 disneyland resort? and price? for free? :flower:

I'm afraid that that I haven't taken the tour, however, what you may find of interest is that a couple of the leisure cast members, organise a "Power Walk" around the park, before opening (DCA). They meet early morning and you get almost an hour, marching around the park getting to see all of the staff working and it's really neat. I think it's Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

One of the things I liked, is that my partner and I had a wonderful time, I think that we must look strange together because quite a lot of people find us a difficult couple to accept, and make life hard for us, bordering on impossible at the moment. However, the Disney Staff are so welcoming, they made us feel like a prince and princess.

I highlty recomend the "tour" to you.

Cheers Larry.

I know that in Disney World, you don't have to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge to take the tour.

I haven't heard of either the Grand Californian Hotel tour or the Power Walking tour of DCA. Can you provide information or who to contact for more information on these? Thanks!

I believe, like the tour of Wilderness Lodge, that you just meet in the lobby at 3:00pm. You might want to check with the front desk for the correct time. And no, you don't have to be staying at the hotel in order to take the tour.

For the Fitness Walk, you only need to show up at the Grand Californian entrance to DCA at 7:20-7:25 on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. They have information about the walk in the little Grand Californian activity sheets that they leave in your room each evening when they do the turn-down service.

Again, you might want to verify the exact times and days with the front desk just in case anything has changed since I was there.

Dave and Brian are the hotel "cruise directors" and they generally lead the walks and are very nice. You can stump them with Disney trivia, however, if you have a clever enough Disneyphile who's walking with you.

The walks were great and I mostly enjoyed being a little bit "behind the scenes," especially since my boyfriend particularly enjoys getting to go where's he's not supposed to be allowed.

Alex2kMommy said:
I haven't heard of either the Grand Californian Hotel tour or the Power Walking tour of DCA. Can you provide information or who to contact for more information on these? Thanks!

My dh and dad did this in Oct. It is a brisk walk, not for the faint at heart. It wasn't offerred daily on our last stay, but when it was it was listed on a sheet of following day's activities during turn down service. I beileve the power walk was only exclusive to the guests of GCH only. There was phone # to call on the sheet if interested. Not sure about the GCH tour though. I remember reading about it in previous threads, but it was never on our sheet of activities. We were there Sun-Thur.

tigger0215 said:
Ohh! ohh! I want to take a tour!!:earseek: lol

Wow, I see you are leaving tomorrow! Have a magical trip :wizard: Oh if you get to take the tour be sure to let me know about it when you get home. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter