have your dessert from counter service meal at another counter service?

andychris14

DIS Veteran
I hope that I am not to confusing.
We are thinking of eating our counter service(lunch) in the outside part of mexico. I noticed that they only offer churros for desert. I was wondering if we can skip dessert there and walk around and find something we would enjoy more. We remember the apple strudel with vanilla sauce in germany, it was to die for. Also after such a big lunch we like to walk around a little until we are ready for the next thing to eat. We usually take the desert to go anyway.
I just do not want to be charged twice or however they work it on the dining plan.
Thanks

I do not think you can 'split' a CS between stands; its just not practical or easy for Disney to track if guests did things like that.

You choose from the menu that's there, and one credit comes off per CS.

First, I do not think they will let you do that. Second, skip the CS in Mexico all together! You can find decent CS anywhere but Mexico!

Conservative Hippie said:
First, I do not think they will let you do that. Second, skip the CS in Mexico all together! You can find decent CS anywhere but Mexico!

I wish I'd had this information before we went last month!

Some of the CS places are making special arrangements to allow folks to come back for their dessert after they eat their meal, but I don't believe the practice is widespread, and there is no indication that it will ever extend to getting the dessert from someplace other than where you got the meal.

The only place we encountered the ability to "come back" for dessert after eating lunch was at the resort food areas. This was during our May 2006 trip. There, you could get your receipt stamped, then when you came back to get the ice cream dessert they would tear the receipt (to indicate that it had been used). This only applied at the same food court and supposedly the same day. We didn't "test" it by trying it elsewhere or another day.

We did not encounter any such system in EPCOT or any that would allow dessert at a different place than you ate lunch.

With the expansion of the snacks I'd rather get 2 snacks and no CS dessert. There might be a few items we'd lose but I'd prefer the increased flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter