Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the pics of her Bday party... I am sure its around here somwhere :rotfl2:
anyway here is a copy of the cake she had made EXCEPT the lady used this sparkley glitter that you can eat and made it sparkle... Savannah loved it :thumbsup2

unicorncake.jpg

We used this theme so the lady used more purple than pink in the cake... I wish I could find the photos of her party... the cake was adorable!
BDD5141.jpg

Here is a bit of history for you guys... extra special for the holiday season:)

Most people don't know that back in 1912,

Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured

in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying

12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for

delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to

be the next port of call for the great ship

after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single

shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered

to Mexico. But as we know, the great

ship did not make it to New York. The

ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the

cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy

about mayonnaise, and were eagerly

awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate

at the loss. Their anguish was so great,

that they declared a National Day of

Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs

each year on May 5th and is

known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

Hello everyone!

We are back from a very very nice trip.

We arrived at the GF before 10am using ME.
When we got off (we were the only ones going to the GF) there were 2 cast members waiting outside to greet us.
They said welcome, how are you? I said great, thanks.

Then one man said 'Mr.Mike...? I said yes and he told me to follow him inside and he would check us in. I immediately thought how nice this was since last summer when we stayed RPC I had to go inside to inquire about club level check in and here someone was greeting us and we booked garden view.

Once inside the beautiful lobby (ahhhhhhhhh) he led us to a desk near 1900 park fare and haned me a welcome packet. I gave him a credit card and just enjoyed the ambience. (i'm sure everyone else can see this coming but i was clueless)
He then told me our friends would be arriving in an about an hour and did I have questions? I said no and he asked if i ever stayed in Sugarloaf before.
I thought that was a wierd question and told him we've been in RPC but not SL.

As he handed me our room keys he mentioned SL had a lounge and blah blah blah.., I forget what he said because I looked at the room cards and they were gold and then only then did the thought occur to me and it was true...

We along with our friends were upgraded to SL. I couldn't believe it. I was so happy for our friends who said this would be their first and only trip because of money. I would have picked club level or at least theme park view but they wanted garden view and we wanted to stay together.

I was really surprised that out of all the upgraded they might give they picked us with two rooms.

They called us a cab and we went to Disney Studios and our friends met us there an hour later. We got back to the hotel around 4pm and loved the upgrade feeling.

We were so happy to have the lounge again especially with the children and the baby. I feel they gave us great rooms. We were on the first floor down the hall from the lounge... the last two rooms facing the pool. On the patio looking right we could see narcoossees, the contemporary main building and new building and some of the water.

With 4 kids and 2 strollers my wife and I loved the first floor access.

SL is really a great location. very central as im sure you all know. Just steps from the main building, the boat dock (where we watched Wishes and the water parade). Walk out the marina side of the building and you are steps from Gaspies.

That said, (and i'm not complaing... im truly not...)

Number 1.
I would pick RPC over SL if I had a choice. The seating in the lounge was small with about 9 tables and seemed crowded during food hours. It seemed to have the same food offerings as RPC but I'm not exactly sure. The wine beer and cordials was most welcome at the end of the day.

There are rooms that have their doors face the lounge and even though a wall seperates the room and the lounge I woudn't want to be there. Also those rooms patios are adjacent to the entrances to the building so if you are sitting out there people would be walking past you in and out of the building.

Number 2.
We asked if we could have a container of some sort of milk for our room for the baby's bottle. They told us to just get milk from the lounge. When we said we wanted it in the room in case the baby woke up during the night we were instructed to call private dining in case we needed it then.
Oh well.. we ended up filling up coffee cups with milk and putting it in the fridge.
We had been spoiled last summer in RPC when we asked how could we get milk over night and that evening we found a gallon of milk in our fridge which was replaced when we almost finished it.

BUT again not a complaint...we were so grateful to be upgraded, it made things much easier in getting out to the parks. Speaking of the parks ...
I feel very much that i know what to do to avoid crowds but this time i used TourGuide Mike and loved it. It was a slower time then what we are used to but still we never waited more than 10 minutes.
The weather is perfect right now and I got my first experience with lovebugs which we saw more and more as the 5 days passed by. I dont know if their numbers increase but they weren't that bothersome last week.

I'll have some pics and more reviews over the next few days but i'm just too tired and hopefully will get to bed early tonight.

Overall a great trip and I would love to go this time of year again.

WOw mike sounds like a great trip!

Nice upgrade! I booked SL so am expecting thats what I get :rotfl:

I thought your story was going to go that they had the wrong mike :rotfl: :rotfl:
After they gave you the key and all... then to find out they had the wrong mike... now that would have been funny!

Mr. Mike - Congrats on your upgrade! Sounds like a magical trip for you and your friends!

Lives4Disney,- You're not alone - my DD won't wear Gymboree anymore either! Hey is Bachelor the Tell All or the Finale? I finally just watched last weeks episode last night so I'm all caught up. I hope he picks Shayne!

Mr. Mike - Congrats on your upgrade! Sounds like a magical trip for you and your friends!

Lives4Disney,- You're not alone - my DD won't wear Gymboree anymore either! Hey is Bachelor the Tell All or the Finale? I finally just watched last weeks episode last night so I'm all caught up. I hope he picks Shayne!

Tonight is the Tell All, next week is the Finale. Is there another one after that?? If there is I will have to remember to tape it since we will still be at the GLORIOUS POP CENTURY RESORT;) (do they even call it a resort?? :rotfl: )

Tonight is the Tell All, next week is the Finale. Is there another one after that?? If there is I will have to remember to tape it since we will still be at the GLORIOUS POP CENTURY RESORT;) (do they even call it a resort?? :rotfl: )

Ok - thanks gotta set my tivo. Don't they usually have "After the Final Rose"?
They like to drag it out just a little! :laughing: LUCKY -you'll be at WDW!

How in the world are we up to 7 pages in just a few hours!!!!!:rotfl2:

I just turned 30 a month ago at the GF..... my DH has a few months to go to catch up :goodvibes

Ok all you Diet coke fiends... and coke fiends...

I need your coke rewards codes if you don't collect them.
My boys are collecting them and saving for a prize SOOO look in your kitchen, grab the code off the inside of the box and PM it to me! :cloud9:

Ok all you Diet coke fiends... and coke fiends...

I need your coke rewards codes if you don't collect them.
My boys are collecting them and saving for a prize SOOO look in your kitchen, grab the code off the inside of the box and PM it to me! :cloud9:

what's in it for me????????? :rotfl2:

I turned 31 two months ago and sorry if it is rude to ask but Mandy, how old is your DH? I ask because my Dh is older than me and you mentioned yours is, too. My DH will be 48 this year...For all of you slow at math (like me), 17 years difference....It works for us and wouldnt change it for the world. I am also an old soul and love it! :goodvibes Not to be nosy but it peaked my curiosity when you said he was an old man! ;)

Siobhan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter