• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hawaii transient tax?

DVCTigger

DIS Veteran
How much is it? I can only find that it is based on points :confused3. Can anyone that has been there recently give me an idea how much it will be for a week in a studio? TIA

It is based on the number of points you used for your stay.

Check out this article to calculate what it would be for your room category and season:
http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/aulani-villas/faqs

I want to say that for our 6 night stay first in a studio and then in a one bedroom it was around $75 bucks or so... but I might be totally off since we switched rooms and such and I didnt really keep track.

How much is it? I can only find that it is based on points :confused3. Can anyone that has been there recently give me an idea how much it will be for a week in a studio? TIA

I stayed in a studio two years ago for 8 nights and the transient tax was about $45. It is charged to your cc immediately when you check in.

I stayed in a studio two years ago for 8 nights and the transient tax was about $45. It is charged to your cc immediately when you check in.

Hawaii's Transient Accommodation Tax is based in part on a timeshare's annual maintenance fees. Since Aulani's DVC maintenance fees change every calendar year, the amount of the tax will change accordingly.

Am I reading the chart correctly? A 1 bdrm in Jan 3.95 per night? We stayed there in 2011 and fr some reason I thought it was more like $45 per night?

Am I reading the chart correctly? A 1 bdrm in Jan 3.95 per night? We stayed there in 2011 and fr some reason I thought it was more like $45 per night?
It's correct. We stayed during premier season (spring break mid April) this past yr in a 1 bedroom pool view and it was around 6-7 dollars per night, paid upfront at once.

Eta- sorry I didn't do the math for yours! I saw a post below mine that had the correct math for yours:). I was just saying that you coming up with $45 a night was not the case and the chart was correct (but your math was not I guess lol). :)

Oh thanks - that's awesome. I have a friend who lives in HI who I'm gonna book a room for I told her it was @$45.....she'll be very happy!

No, I don't think you are reading the chart correctly. In 2014, the Hawaii Transient Accommodation Tax amounts to $0.23337 per point. The cheapest One-Bedroom Villa at Aulani -- A standard View 1BR during the Adventure Season -- costs 36 points a night. Thus, the Hawaii TAT for that accommodation is (36 * $0.23337) $8.40 per night. A 7-night stay will cost $58.80 for the cheapest 1BR in the cheapest season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter