• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hayrides - Have you been on one?

familytravelplanner

Earning My Ears
What can you tell me about the hay/wagon rides? Where do they go? How long do they last? Singing or characters? Also, If they start at 9:30, will they swing by the beach so we can watch the EWP at 9:45? Thanks

We went on the later hayride and it lasted about 30 minutes. We went directly to the beach, enjoyed the fireworks and came straight back. We enjoyed it well enough--just try to get there early enough that you don't have to sit right behind the horses:eek:

I went on it a couple years ago. We circled through the loops. Slow night (wagon didn't get full), very quiet... very boring... I expected more and have heard that people watch fireworks at the beach and all. Not my experience.

We did the Haunted Hayride in October 2001. The ride was based on the tale of Ichabod Crane (?sp) and was one of the highlights of our trip. I won't spoil the ride by telling you what happens, but any time we are driving down a dark country road, my 3 kids still freak out!

We haven't done the hayride at other times, but I would recommend the $$ for the Halloween ride.

Campingcorgi --- why is sitting behind the horses bad?

Kaitymom -- how could a leisurly horse drawn ride be boring? It is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and the sound of hoofs hitting the ground is so relaxing.

To answer you questions Familytravelplanner -- I have never been on WDW hayride but we raise and show draft horses and I find nothing more relaxing then a nice ride on a wagon. Go and enjoy. I save the hayride/campfire on the travel channel is looked like a lot of fun. We are planning this on our next trip.

Renee

I don't know - it just thought it was boring. I expected it to be more "Disney." We just rode through the loops looking at campsites. Thought there would be more interaction with the driver. He and the "copilot" didn't say a word to the wagon for the entire trip - to me that is boring, for others it might be just the ticket.

Rneighh - just wondered, what did they show on the Travel Channel that made it look like a lot of fun?

The times we have gone on the ride we took the last one and they took us by the beach so we could watch the water parade. The groups I have been with were very talkative and asked the driver lots of questions. If you talk to them they will talk to you as well!!!!!!

We must have done the early one, don't remember the time. Anyway was a good trek through a wooded area , then looped around some of the main road and through a couple of the loops.

It was a quiet ride, driver did point out some things, but basically just a nice ride. The BIG BONUS.... If you have small children you'll love it. All the little ones fell asleep. We ended up carrying our 2 1/2 yo and 5 yo off asleep! We kidded that we should do it every night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter