• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"healthy" foods help

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to the World with my inlaws and sil. We always eat the normal fast food junk counter service with some nicer sit-down meals. My sil is very health conscious ..she will eat a burger but probably not happy about eating junk for a week. What healthier alternatives are out there for counter service so I can offer some options???

I mean you're on vacation...cheeseburger, pizza, chicken strips, repeat....:hyper:

Thanks!!!

There are SOOO many choices. We're vegetarians, so we thought we'd have a difficult time finding "veggies" in the world, but nope - it seems every place has at least a salad option. There are also some places that have really interesting and international foods. Play around on the site - you'll find some good stuff especially in Epcot!

A couple of healthier options that I enjoy are:

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House-Garden Galley Salad. It has mixed greens, grilled chicken, pineapple, and feta cheese with a viniagrette.

MGM: Backlot Express-Sesame Chicken Salad. It has mixed greens, grilled chicken, and mandarin oranges with an Asian dressing.

Animal Kingdom-Tusker House. Someone already mentioned my favorite-the grilled salmon. Very, very tasty!

Epcot-Lots of choices, a favorite for counter service would be Japan. Sushi rolls, edamame, miso soup, etc.

Also, just check out the menus on Deb's site to find out more info about other places.

Hope this helped!! :sunny:

You should not have a problem, I myself am very health conscious and stick to a lowfat diet. Most of the time for dinner I get tuna steak or shell fish and I ask them for no oil/butter and then I ask them for a steamed vegetable like brocolli etc, again w/ no oil/butter. They are very helpful. During the day I eat fruit, salads, etc. and for a snack/ dessert I have fatfree softserve, JellyBelly Jellybeans, or taffy. As long as your SIL is forward about what she wants she will be fine :)

At MK we like Pecos Bills, which offers a chicken wrap sandwich and a chicken jicama salad, in addition to hotdogs and cheeseburgers.

At Epcot almost every fastfood restaurant offers a welcome change from the usual fast food, but Sunshine Season Food Fair in the Land has by far the greatest number of choices - pasta, sandwiches, salads, stuffed potatoes, and lots of other stuff.

At Animal Kingdom we enjoy Tusker House.

At MGM the ABC Commissary offers a stir fry and a Tabbouleh wrap. IMHO MGM is the hardest park in which to find decent fast food of any kind.

Cheers,

the chicken/peach/blue cheese salad at Pinoc's House in MK. And, the middle eastern wrap at ABC in MGM is very good too!

the chicken/peach/blue cheese salad at Pinoc's House in MK. And, the middle eastern wrap at ABC in MGM is very good too!

It probably depends on what you mean by healthy. After all, some people define healthy as vegetarian, others pack a low carb diet with meat and call it healthy....

But...

Salads abound. Every fast food place will have a salad.

Sandwiches are an option for the burger and chicken finger adverse. Peco's Bills has a great chicken wrap.

Epcot has a lot of choices - in addition to the stands inside The Land, the countries have some really good options. The counter service in Morrocco is good, or stop by the lounge in Japan for sushi.

In addition to the aforementioned salmon, Tusker House has a grilled vegetable sandwich (not to my liking, but your SIL may like it).

Remember she can get carrots and water with her meals instead of pop and fries. I don't think a burger or two is unhealthy - its the fries and pop that do me in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter