Heard some FP kiosks were uncovered in MK today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first trip was during COVID and we had a DAS for my son. Planning on getting a DAS next year. Do I need to worry about FP+? I can be honest that the whole thread has me worried. Lol!
We used fastpass pre Covid and DAS for the first time this year for our DS on the spectrum (we had a disastrous 2020 trip without either but thankfully these boards clued us in to DAS after that).

Fastpass is MUCH better. You can do it all on your phone so there is no meltdown when the kiddo sees the ride when you are getting the return time and can’t go on right away. And you don’t have to criss cross the park in the heat to get a pass the backtrack do do something else while you wait. You can get same day FP and use it immediately—no need to wait an hour if the standby line is an hour (we spent a LOT of time in HS playing bubble wand party between rides with DAD because the wait time for everything was an hour).

Plus I understand that you can have both at the same time: get a return time an hour later for one ride and a fastpass for another ride to go on while you wait.

And that's exactly why you don't schedule FP's for early in the morning- ride standby while the lines are reasonable on secondary rides, use FP for the headliners later when everything is a wait. You just don't need a FP for every single ride in a park, especially the MK.
Disagree. Use them early and then find more! If availability is low at 11:30-12, take a break, eat something and keep refreshing. Something will pop up. Oh, and know the drop times.

Disagree. Use them early and then find more! If availability is low at 11:30-12, take a break, eat something and keep refreshing. Something will pop up. Oh, and know the drop times.
I don’t need to spend time refreshing and hunting for more. By the time I start using my FPS for headliners, I’ve already ridden the secondary rides with short wait times. Using them early is a waste of FP for us. We park,hopped. By noon, we were done with rides and on our way back to the resort for an afternoon of relaxing and swimming. FP’s were used in our evening park.

That's fair. I suppose it really has to do with length of trip, frequency, personal preference, etc.

And that's exactly why you don't schedule FP's for early in the morning- ride standby while the lines are reasonable on secondary rides, use FP for the headliners later when everything is a wait. You just don't need a FP for every single ride in a park, especially the MK.
Makes sense for the MK. Tiered FPs in other parks means the sooner I use my first 3 the sooner I can try to get additional FP for attractions I want to ride.

I remember being happy getting FP for Pixar shorts, with immediate opening, grabbing everyone's magic bands, running over and tapping everyone in. The CM didn't understand why I tapped in but didn’t enter the theater.

Makes sense for the MK. Tiered FPs in other parks means the sooner I use my first 3 the sooner I can try to get additional FP for attractions I want to ride.

I remember being happy getting FP for Pixar shorts, with immediate opening, grabbing everyone's magic bands, running over and tapping everyone in. The CM didn't understand why I tapped in but didn’t enter the theater.

That’s true, especially for people who only go to a park once or twice during their trip or stay open to close. For us, because we hopped and did 2 parks a day, we were able to get all the tiered rides in by visiting each park several times, alternating mornings and evenings.

Omg, the good old days of trying to work around tiers, especially at times in HS and Epcot when there wasn’t much to do that wasn’t tiered.

We tend to have our first FP window roughly in the 9:30-10:30am range, and then another FP right after, and then the third for right after lunch. This strategy works whether you park hop or not.

This allows us:

1) Riding the headliners (that we didn't FP) at rope drop standby with little wait before the crowds build
2) As soon as we tap into our third FP after lunch we schedule our 4th for when we return after our afternoon break (either same park or a park we hop to)
3) If we decide to sleep in rather than hit headliners standby at rope drop, we just need to at our first attraction by the end of our first FP window, in this example 10:30am

Dan

I think fast passes are somewhat back or getting ready to come back. In some other Disney Facebook groups I am in some who are at the parks now mentioned that they got fast passes for any ride (minus Rise of Resistance) because mickey and minnie's runaway railway broke down with them on it. Some are saying some cast members gave them a fast past as a magical moment.

We tend to have our first FP window roughly in the 9:30-10:30am range, and then another FP right after, and then the third for right after lunch. This strategy works whether you park hop or not.

This allows us:

1) Riding the headliners (that we didn't FP) at rope drop standby with little wait before the crowds build
2) As soon as we tap into our third FP after lunch we schedule our 4th for when we return after our afternoon break (either same park or a park we hop to)
3) If we decide to sleep in rather than hit headliners standby at rope drop, we just need to at our first attraction by the end of our first FP window, in this example 10:30am

Dan

Sounds like a good plan for your style of touring. It wouldn't work for us because we take afternoon breaks and go to a second park in the late afternoon or evening. Getting a FP for anything that late in the day is tough in most parks and we love riding at night. Of course they close earlier now, so it's probably going to take some re-tooling to figure out just how we do it, FP or no FP. It used to be we'd fill our evenings with dessert parties, After Hours etc so 3 and done was great...but none of that is available right now.

I think fast passes are somewhat back or getting ready to come back. In some other Disney Facebook groups I am in some who are at the parks now mentioned that they got fast passes for any ride (minus Rise of Resistance) because mickey and minnie's runaway railway broke down with them on it. Some are saying some cast members gave them a fast past as a magical moment.
Sounds like they're still handing out recovery FP's like candy. It's always been common to get a FP when a ride goes down and they've continued to do that even without FP being available to reserve.

This allows us:

Dan
This was our strategy too. It was nice to leave that flexibility for days we ended up not wanting to ropedrop. Plus days when we tapped in 9:30a for the first FP, we’d then try pulling the other 2 in earlier. Really helped in the tiered parks so we could hit an earlier drop time for our 2nd Tier 1.

At WDW we do 10 day tickets, so even at $20 per person per day (and that is probably low) that would be an extra $1200 minimum!

And the high end, the rumor is $300/person/day LOL. so for your 10 day trip with 6 guests? $18,000 hahaha. Would you like access to the formerly free fastpasses? or would you rather have a new car?

And the high end, the rumor is $300/person/day LOL. so for your 10 day trip with 6 guests? $18,000 hahaha. Would you like access to the formerly free fastpasses? or would you rather have a new car?
I don’t think anyone seriously thinks that would be the price.

I expect a paid system to be equivalent to what universal sells theirs for. I'd think it'd go for about $100-$150 a day per person. so it will nearly double the cost of park admission for a single day. So for my upcoming trip with two only two park days, it would add roughly 1000 bucks for the fam. no thanks. Honestly if they roll something out at Max pass prices, 20 bucks or so a person per day, that I would prob shell out for without thinking twice.

It sounds like max pass would be a great move fir Disney. The price is low enough that people could afford it. And then we all pay for the thing we got before for free. And the wait times are no better than before

I expect a paid system to be equivalent to what universal sells theirs for. I'd think it'd go for about $100-$150 a day per person. so it will nearly double the cost of park admission for a single day. So for my upcoming trip with two only two park days, it would add roughly 1000 bucks for the fam. no thanks. Honestly if they roll something out at Max pass prices, 20 bucks or so a person per day, that I would prob shell out for without thinking twice.
If it’s that cheap - wouldn’t pretty much everybody buy them? That would kind of negate the whole purpose…

They probably won’t offer a service like Universal, at least where that would be the only option.

It’s hard to ballpark a price without knowing what’s included. WDW often offers things on length of ticket, so maybe price per day could be less on a 10 day ticket than a 2 day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter