Hearing Impaired room at Wilderness Lodge Villas?

CaFeeney

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
We are heading into a studio at VWL on Thursday and on DVCmember.com it is now reading that we are in a Hearing Impaired accessible room. Has anyone stayed in such a room? We did not request for nor need for the room to be accessible and I am concerned we won't have a tub for my 6 year old. A shower only won't work for us.

I called and there is really nowhere for us to move to - I understand it is the luck of the draw and sometimes you get a HA room - but honestly I need a tub.
Thought I would ask my experts on the DVC boards for some advice!

Thanks!

Hearing impaired is very different from having a mobility accessible villa. I'm not positive which resort but we've had a hearing accessible room either at AKV or BWV. I think BWV.

It means that there will be lights on different devices that would flash if they went off such as the fire alarms. I don't know how extensive they are at VWL but it could also mean a door bell that would have a light located in the suite to alert a person that someone is at the door (since they would not hear a knock). The phone ringing should also trigger a light and things along those lines.

Roll in showers are for accessible accommodations where a person has difficulty walking and IMO that is probably not what you have been assigned to.

It is possible that they have a combination unit but I'm a little doubtful that it would be showing hearing accessible on your confirmation if it were more than that. Your best bet is to check at the desk when you check in and if there isn't a tub to see if they can place you in a studio that has one. The will probably have more flexibility at that time to move you if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter